Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lego LOTR

Old 23-12-2012, 16:20
SimonB79
Forum Member

Lego Batman 2 was the worst for the glitches, possibly the most bugged out game I have ever played on a Xbox 360. But it's not just the glitches thats the problem it's the game content. Each Lego title that is released the levels are shorter and the content such as characters and bonus levels decrease. Lego Star Wars 1 & 2, Indy Jones 1 & 2, Batman 1 and Harry Potter years 1-4 were bursting full of content, now it just seems like Travellers Tales hearts' are just not in it any more and they are shipping out half arsed attempts at game that appear to have been untested prior to shipping them out.
Yep ... People will buy em anyway (like myself) so why bother putting the effort in ... Just keep churning em out.
SimonB79 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-12-2012, 17:19
Palmerwho
Forum Member

I've managed to get that brick now Palmerwho.
At first when I did it I had the same experience as you. But what you have to do is first get the brick below that area by the river. You have to use the fishing rod on the little jettie area and that gives you a winch. use it behind where you caught it and go through into a floor puzzle area. Get the brick by completing this area and then head back up to the whack a mole bit and redo it. This time the brick registers.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for this, with the exception of the fact that I used the codes that exist when your stuck at 99.8%, which left that brick as a purple stud (after unlocking every remaining trophy except the mithril bricks & platinum)So in frustration I deleted my save go to start again!!!

Luckily I have a go at 40% via PS plus and low and behold the brick you described would have been the one I was missing! So on one hand it's annoying as I could have been all finished on the other at least I don't have to start from scratch!

Thanks again!
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 09:21
tysonstorm
Inactive Member

Yep ... People will buy em anyway (like myself) so why bother putting the effort in ... Just keep churning em out.
Thats been the case for many franchises. FIFA, WWE, CoD as the developers get lazier (and richer) the quality of the games get worse. They keep churning them out because they know there is a fanbase that will quite happily accept what I would call "half-games" with patches DLC and the rest of the game coming along later (with a price tag).

Ultimately the only people to blame for these half-games is us, the consumer, because we still go out and buy them, despite knowing what to expect.
tysonstorm is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 09:37
Alan1981
Forum Member

Thats been the case for many franchises. FIFA, WWE, CoD as the developers get lazier (and richer) the quality of the games get worse. They keep churning them out because they know there is a fanbase that will quite happily accept what I would call "half-games" with patches DLC and the rest of the game coming along later (with a price tag).

Ultimately the only people to blame for these half-games is us, the consumer, because we still go out and buy them, despite knowing what to expect.
Yep before the advent of internet patches, game makers had to make damn sure their games worked before they shipped them out. These days however I just feel they churn out half finished games and expect the customer to beta test it for them.
Alan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:54
Palmerwho
Forum Member

Thanks for this, with the exception of the fact that I used the codes that exist when your stuck at 99.8%, which left that brick as a purple stud (after unlocking every remaining trophy except the mithril bricks & platinum)So in frustration I deleted my save go to start again!!!

Luckily I have a go at 40% via PS plus and low and behold the brick you described would have been the one I was missing! So on one hand it's annoying as I could have been all finished on the other at least I don't have to start from scratch!

Thanks again!
All done! Thanks again to fog for stearing me right!
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 16:30
fog
Forum Member

All done! Thanks again to fog for stearing me right!
great stuff Palmerwho! glad I could help
fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 23:59
fog
Forum Member

Finished it myself now 100%
fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56
LightningIguana
Forum Member

Still plugging away. Got a bit disheartened trying to climb mount Doom in hub mode as Gollum keeps falling and then I keep missing the plank jumps. Grr
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote