Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the list of the dances.

Dani & Vincent - American Smooth/Viennese Waltz - should be fabulous

Denise & James - Salsa - will be reasonable

Kimberley & Pasha - should be good depending on her knee

Lisa & Robin - Quickstep - needs to up technique - think this will be distinctly average

Louis & Flavia - Charleston - good if Louis really emotes but I rarely love a Charleston!

Michael & Natalie - Samba - love Michael but think this will be painful

Nicky & Karen - Argentine Tango - worse than average - you have to really connect in the AT and he never looks at his partner

My preferences for the possible remaining dances left for each couple to do after these week 9 ones:

Dani & Vincent - Charleston, Paso or Rumba - C & P fine but would prefer them not to do the rumba

Denise & James - AT, Quickstep or Tango - would love them to do the QS or Tango, but not the AT

Kimberley & Pasha - AS, AT or Waltz - would love them to do any of these

Lisa & Robin - AS, AT or Waltz - would sadly love them to do none of these

Louis & Flavia - Foxtrot or Quickstep with AT in final if he gets there - would like either of these but not keen on him doing the AT

Michael & Natalie - Charleston, Paso or Rumba - would not like them to do any of these

Nicky & Karen - Paso, Salsa or Samba - would not like them to do any of these
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Dani might not have the choice, as she did a Charleston inspired dance for Sport Relief.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani might not have the choice, as she did a Charleston inspired dance for Sport Relief.

Good point.

A pity, because I think it could have been a terrific dance for her.
  • Options
    SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member

Oh, that's a shame. And in that case should Denise have been allowed to do the Charleston? I think Roxie's dances in Chicago are Charleston-inspired, too?
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    SueDevon wrote: »
    I think Roxie's dances in Chicago are Charleston-inspired, too?

But all she did was sit on a chair! ;)
  • Options
    SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    But all she did was sit on a chair! ;)

Oh of course, I was muddling Charleston with chair dancing. Silly me ;)
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Looking ahead a bit - we can actually be fairly sure of which dance style everybody will be doing in week 10 if they survive, as they should have 2 ballrooms and 2 latins left for the semi-final week (that has been consistently the case with this format for the last two years).

So:

Dani & Vincent - American Smooth/Viennese Waltz this week. If they survive they'll have a latin - Charleston, Paso or Rumba.
    Denise & James - Salsa this week. If they survive they'll have a ballroom - AT, Quickstep or Tango.
    Kimberley & Pasha - probably Jive this week but not outright stated yet. If that is correct and they survive they'll have a ballroom - AS, AT or Waltz.
    Lisa & Robin - Quickstep this week. If they survive they'll have another ballroom - AS, AT or Waltz.
    Louis & Flavia - Charleston this week. If they survive they'll have a ballroom - and we know they're doing the AT as their new dance in the final if they get there. So it'll be Foxtrot or Quickstep.
    Michael & Natalie - Samba this week. If they survive it'll be another latin - Charleston, Paso or Rumba.
    Nicky & Karen - Argentine Tango this week. If they survive it'll be a latin - Paso, Salsa or Samba.

Jive confirmed a tiddle-bit more by Kimberley tweet:

This is the fastest dance I've ever done in my life........heeeellllpppp!!!!!! #SCD
    7:05pm - 27 Nov 12
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And we'll get absolute confirmation on ITT tomorrow - but seems pretty certain as Louis is already doing charleston. Provided she doesn't get the waltz the week after, this week and next could be the jump she needs from 'good' to 'excellent' as the other two ballrooms are both high-impact.
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking ahead a bit - we can actually be fairly sure of which dance style everybody will be doing in week 10 if they survive, as they should have 2 ballrooms and 2 latins left for the semi-final week (that has been consistently the case with this format for the last two years).

So:

Dani & Vincent - American Smooth/Viennese Waltz this week. If they survive they'll have a latin - Charleston, Paso or Rumba.
    Denise & James - Salsa this week. If they survive they'll have a ballroom - AT, Quickstep or Tango.
    Kimberley & Pasha - probably Jive this week but not outright stated yet. If that is correct and they survive they'll have a ballroom - AS, AT or Waltz.
    Lisa & Robin - Quickstep this week. If they survive they'll have another ballroom - AS, AT or Waltz.
    Louis & Flavia - Charleston this week. If they survive they'll have a ballroom - and we know they're doing the AT as their new dance in the final if they get there. So it'll be Foxtrot or Quickstep.
    Michael & Natalie - Samba this week. If they survive it'll be another latin - Charleston, Paso or Rumba.
    Nicky & Karen - Argentine Tango this week. If they survive it'll be a latin - Paso, Salsa or Samba.

It's looking like a Michael vs Nicky DO off then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would Louis do the quickstep as he did a quickstep inspired American Smooth? Would that be his dance he misses (assuming he makes the final of course) or has another dance been ruled out already for him?
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani might be doing VW...
    People (amazingly) often mistake Vienna/Venice which would explain the " going all Italian" tweet :eek::eek::eek:
    Should be very good if she is....AS too with Italian music:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Louis do the quickstep as he did a quickstep inspired American Smooth? Would that be his dance he misses (assuming he makes the final of course) or has another dance been ruled out already for him?

Doing the American Smooth doesn't stop you from then doing just the dance the AS was based on - loads of people have done a foxtrot-based AS and then done the normal foxtrot later on.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs-Mop wrote: »
    People (amazingly) often mistake Vienna/Venice which would explain the " going all Italian" tweet :eek::eek::eek:

Really looking forward to it - always love Vincent's routines. I recall when he did a foxtrot with Felicity, it was a very simple classic routine which he said was an Italian style foxtrot. Wonder if that's what Dani meant - a dance with an Italian feel to the choreography ? I think it more likely that the music is Italian - song or artist perhaps.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing the American Smooth doesn't stop you from then doing just the dance the AS was based on - loads of people have done a foxtrot-based AS and then done the normal foxtrot later on.

Exactly, but I always find it very weird that you do the AS before you've done the dance it was based on. It's meant to be what you learned earlier plus flashy lifts and more out of hold or that's what it used to be at the beginning of the show. :rolleyes:

I suppose Flavia could have done a waltz based AS though but it didn't fit the music. :confused:
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Mrs-Mop wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it - always love Vincent's routines. I recall when he did a foxtrot with Felicity, it was a very simple classic routine which he said was an Italian style foxtrot. Wonder if that's what Dani meant - a dance with an Italian feel to the choreography ? I think it more likely that the music is Italian - song or artist perhaps.

I think the dance will either have Italian music or an Italian feel to it. Vincent especially (but Flavia too) has quite a collection of Italian feel waltzes and Viennese waltzes that they use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh no I understand that, but I still find American Smooths and foxtrots can look quite different, but a quickstep is going to look similar to his AS - except perhaps have more impact in a smaller space - so I wondered if Flavia would bother doing the quickstep in case people don't vote because it looks the same, or the judges criticise for the same reason etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberley def has the jive - see her twitter. Dani's dance will be confirmed on ITT later tonight - either VW or AS but I tend towards the former as we haven't had one in a few weeks.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed ITT - did Dani and Vincent confirm their dance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they're doing the VW.

Final list:
    Dani & Vincent - Viennese Waltz
    Denise & James - Salsa
    Kimberley & Pasha - Jive
    Lisa & Robin - Quickstep
    Louis & Flavia - Charleston
    Michael & Natalie - Samba
    Nicky & Karen - Argentine Tango
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they're doing the VW.

Final list:
    Dani & Vincent - Viennese Waltz
    Denise & James - Salsa
    Kimberley & Pasha - Jive
    Lisa & Robin - Quickstep
    Louis & Flavia - Charleston
    Michael & Natalie - Samba
    Nicky & Karen - Argentine Tango

Great, thanks. Good mix of dances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what line they'll take on Lisa now she's back to a 'fun' dance which usually scores highly. Will they overmark her like before or give her something more realistic now we're down to the business end of the contest?

Think Dani's VW might be the one to watch this week. Michael's Samba will be on the other end of the spectrum entirely... and am interested to see how Nicky and Denise do on their dances which on paper don't sound good but could turn out better than expected.

Also I would be surprised if Louis doesn't do a QS at some point even having done QS AS -- it's typically a very high scoring dance, good for collecting those 10s, and may coincide with the 'breakthrough'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now we know all the dances, here's some boring statistics about the week ahead:

In terms of average judges' points, the celebs are currently ordered as follows: Denise, Kimberley, Dani, Louis, Lisa, Nicky, Michael. Louis has slipped from first position to fourth since Halloween week; to overtake Dani on averages again he needs to score 3 or more points better than her. That's the only improvement he can feasibly make this week as he needs to score 9 or more points than Kimberley, and the only way he can reclaim top spot is by scoring 24 or more better than Denise! Down at the bottom, Michael needs to score 7 points or better this week to overtake Nicky. Unless Louis beats Dani on the leaderboard (which would be the first time he had done so since week 4) it is unlikely the order of averages will change this week.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Here are the songs. :)
    Kimberley and Pasha – Jive to Land of 1000 Dances by Wilson Picket

Denise and James – Salsa to Rhythm Of The Night by Valeria

Louis and Flavia – Charleston to Dr Wanna Do by Caro Emerald

Lisa and Robin – Quickstep to Bring Me Sunshine by Jive Aces

Michael and Natalie – Samba to Tequila by The Champs

Nicky and Karen – Argentine Tango to Skyfall by Adele

Dani and Vincent – Viennese Waltz to That’s Amore by Dean Martin

I like Louis' and Lisa's songs - but Nicky's is just plain odd.
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favorite songs are Kimberley, Louis (let's hope he shows personality).

Nicky's song isn't an AT....

Michael's just sounds like a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    thanks Stig

going off to have a listen to the ones I dont know

Oh good, that'll mean the training clips will be up shortly..hopefully