Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Masterchef Australia Allstars

Old 26-11-2012, 20:07
SamsMam
Forum Member

This has been brilliant, really funny.

Re the new zealand lass with the beer - they told her off like a naughty schoolgirl and as punishment made her wash all the dishes in the masterchef house!

Anyway, back on topic Im so glad to see a lot of my favourites in this show and it's great that it's bringing back so many great memories of a great tv show.
SamsMam is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-11-2012, 20:15
quizzimodo
Forum Member

Re the new zealand lass with the beer - they told her off like a naughty schoolgirl and as punishment made her wash all the dishes in the masterchef house!
I'd forgotten that bit
quizzimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 20:52
sunnymeg
Forum Member

Evening all, my.husband has found a Gary and George cooking app in the iPad app store. Loved the upbeat feel tonight, and it felt like a proper MA with an Adriano Zumbo challenge.
sunnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 21:26
triton333
Forum Member

Don't know if you got this on Watch. It's a pretty off-beat promo for Allstars, posted on an Aussie forum (hope it's not blocked in other countries)
http://www.mediaspy.org/forum/index....00575__st__980 (Scroll to post 990) There's a slight risk that the "Latest news" at the top would give something away, but it's pretty unlikely so long after the series was on here (any reference to "Hamish & Andy" is not MCA's Andy).

There's also a "Sneak Peek" at post 1067 on page 54. Don't look much further on if you don't want spoilers (the first ep. of Allstars was on 26 July). Also don't go looking anywhere else at the site. You might stumble across anything.
triton333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:07
spottybanana10
Forum Member

I only watched this series and the last so didn't know the teams from the first two series, but that girl Poh and the rest of the blue team annoyed me a bit, thinking they knew better than Mr Zumbo!! Defo rooting for the series 3 team. And I noticed someone commented on how much alike Hayden and Beau look... freaky!
spottybanana10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:42
triton333
Forum Member

but that girl Poh and the rest of the blue team annoyed me a bit, thinking they knew better than Mr Zumbo!!
Even the lovely Justine?
triton333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 06:32
Moontaker
Forum Member

Loving All Stars so far and great fun starting with the croquembouche. I thought reds had got it wrapped up, I think they're my favourites at moment, although that could change as its early days. It was lovely to see everyone, epsecially Marion, Callum, Justine, Kate and Hayden.
Moontaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 06:52
mimik1uk
Forum Member

Even the lovely Justine?
justine was the one caught in the middle of it , she was getting advice from him and the rest of the team were telling her to ignore him and just follow on from where they left off

not sure how this is going to develop , the lack of the serious competitive side might make it fall a bit flat i think

sill interested to see what they do with the show and what challenges they throw at them
mimik1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 08:06
Mer~maid
Forum Member

Red Team for me, love Aaron, Marion, Johnathan & Callum. The other teams have members I dislike, namely Po & Danni. Go Reds!!!
Mer~maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 08:56
Moontaker
Forum Member

Red Team for me, love Aaron, Marion, Johnathan & Callum. The other teams have members I dislike, namely Po & Danni. Go Reds!!!
Same here Mer-maid, for exactly the same reasons.
Moontaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 10:50
Bubblegums
Forum Member

Ellie was really young and blonde and I think she cried a lot. Was she the one who drank a beer while she was cooking something and they really laid into her and nearly kicked her out for it?

I like how relaxed and confident they all are - it looks a lot more fun than the regular series.
It was the NZ masterchef that a girl drank the beer. Sorry don't remember her name. She got told off but not kicked out. Ross Burden was a judge
Bubblegums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 10:56
kessie63
Forum Member

I adore masterchef in any guise but especially australia... the judges make it for me and the allstars series looks like its a family reunion..even with adriano zumbo and his croquembouche

one thing slightly bothered me... before i knew watch were going to show it my 10yo son found allstars on youtube and i watched the first episode.... watch cut a cute funny bit out last night which disappointed.... in the youtube version, before the blue team, julie poh chris and justine , brought in their own croquembouche, they brought in adrianos and tried to pass it of as theirs it was a really funny moment and showed how close everyone is on MCA...just hope watch dont cut the show to shreds as they did with the 4th series......xxxx
kessie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 11:15
Bubblegums
Forum Member

How did they decide who cooked? Missed that bit
Old 27-11-2012, 11:17
harry*half*pint
Forum Member

How did they decide who cooked? Missed that bit
They just decided between themselves who would go first, second, etc in each team (is that what you meant?)
harry*half*pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 11:24
Bubblegums
Forum Member

They just decided between themselves who would go first, second, etc in each team (is that what you meant?)
Yes thank you
Old 27-11-2012, 12:02
drudgemum
Forum Member

We know they wouldn't as Chris in series 1 (back for this series) used to cook with beer & swig too with no complaints

He ran a bar & wanted to add food to it
If I remember rightly she was eliminated after buying and using bagged salad for a challenge!
drudgemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:34
mooselover
Forum Member

Loved Aaron's commentary as he was cooking!
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 15:45
calico_pie
Forum Member

I can't believe anyone is dissing Dani! I won't have a bad word said against her!

It was good fun last night - with anything like this where its for charity, it will lose some of the competitive edge, but if its as much fun all the way through it should be pretty enjoyable.

Unless Dani goes early on, in which case I'll be less happy.
calico_pie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 19:36
Elanor
Forum Member

I'm enjoying tonight's challenge, this is really interesting and entertaining.

Edit: I'd forgotten how annoying Dani's voice is. I hate now nasal she is. Sorry!
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 19:38
quizzimodo
Forum Member

I can't believe anyone is dissing Dani! I won't have a bad word said against her!
I've never understood he dislike for Dani either

Kate & Julie on the other hand. God they're annoying

I thought so when they were in their respective years so the 2 of them together in this is like nails down a blackboard to me
quizzimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 19:40
mimik1uk
Forum Member

wonder how much chopping watch is doing of this episode , it feels really really rushed

that last segment with indian food especially so
mimik1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:13
honeypot
Forum Member

I've never understood he dislike for Dani either

Kate & Julie on the other hand. God they're annoying

I thought so when they were in their respective years so the 2 of them together in this is like nails down a blackboard to me
I like Kate and Julie and get a very childish pleasure from muting Dani's voice

It all makes for an interesting programme, I'm enjoying it all so far (including Dani's dish)
honeypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:40
Mer~maid
Forum Member

Callum has really matured hasn't he, its lovely seeing how much he's come into himself.
Mer~maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:49
Elanor
Forum Member

Callum has really matured hasn't he, its lovely seeing how much he's come into himself.
Absolutely. He seems like a really nice lad.
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 21:23
rumtruffle
Forum Member

Callum is so impressive. He's grown so much since the show. I'm loving seeing aaron back. I had the biggest crush on him in season 2, I loved his attitude and his food. Great seeing Justine back, I wanted her to win season 1. Don't quite get why Kumar is back although I adore him, just there were better contenders!

And it's sating my masterchef Australia withdrawal!!!!
rumtruffle is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote