Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Guide Plus Update Problems

Old 26-11-2012, 19:11
Geny
Forum Member

My Sony DVR's Guide Plus updates from teletext on the host channel 410 - Eurosport. A couple of days ago I noticed that it wasn't updating the EPG and discovered that my Sky box was blocking the teletext. I unplugged it last night for a short time then plugged it back in again and the teletext on Channel 410 reappeared.

My EPG updates from 06:30-08:30 and from 14:30-16:30. Before it was due to update this afternoon, I made sure that the teletext on Channel 410 was showing, and it was. However, when it finished updating a short time ago, there was a message saying that it hadn't updated and I saw that the text on Channel 410 had been blocked again.

Is there any way of stopping my Sky box blocking the teletext on Eurosport?

Should I switch from Guide+ to the other EPG option which is Guide (Digital) or do they both update the same way?

Thanks!
Geny is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-11-2012, 19:37
stylo
Forum Member

My Sony DVR's Guide Plus updates from teletext on the host channel 410 - Eurosport. A couple of days ago I noticed that it wasn't updating the EPG and discovered that my Sky box was blocking the teletext. I unplugged it last night for a short time then plugged it back in again and the teletext on Channel 410 reappeared.

My EPG updates from 06:30-08:30 and from 14:30-16:30. Before it was due to update this afternoon, I made sure that the teletext on Channel 410 was showing, and it was. However, when it finished updating a short time ago, there was a message saying that it hadn't updated and I saw that the text on Channel 410 had been blocked again.

Should I switch from Guide+ to the other EPG option which is Guide (Digital) or do they both update the same way?

Thanks!
Thought 'Guide Plus' had finished anyway!.
I switched to the alternative on my Sony DVR some time ago, which works fine.
stylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 08:46
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

As it doesn't 'block it' then no.

Yes you should, I can't see why you'd want to use the crappy Guide+ EPG in the first place?, assuming you can get Freeview of course.
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote