Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Two and a Half Men is "filth"...

Old 26-11-2012, 21:43
TelevisionUser
Forum Member

...according to star Angus T Jones in a video interview right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYo8eZ_j5E0

Two and A Half Men star Angus T. Jones has branded his hit show 'filth' and urged fans to turn off in an extraordinary outburst in a religious video. The 19-year-old - who makes $350,000 per episode playing Jake - is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church, part of the Seventh Day Adventist movement.
In the online clip, titled Angus Jones Testimony, he says: 'If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2DMpXTtIq

It's all very well to say that but those statements could very well kill the proverbial goose that lays the $350,000 golden egg and possibly bring an end to the series itself.
TelevisionUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-11-2012, 21:47
Caltonfan
Forum Member

Wonder if be was saying that when he got to act alongside a Miley Cyrus wearing very little clothing

Anyway guess this is the reason they had his character join the army, so he isn't really in it much anymore.
Caltonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 21:47
koantemplation
Forum Member

He (Angus) is hardly in the show anymore. 5 mins here or there half the time.

The show has gone down hill, with lots of cunny linguistics jokes and innuendos.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 23:44
nats18
Forum Member

Is there something wrong in that show. Charlie went insane now Jake appears to have joined some cult. Next Alan?
nats18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:54
Bizza
Forum Member

I expect he will be getting rid of all the money he's made from appearing in this 'filth' then?

Weirdo.
Bizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 01:00
bc11
Forum Member

Suppose he'll be donating his episode fees to charity then?

Probably not, money > morals.
bc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 01:19
Hugh Letdown
Inactive Member

Yeah, yes, yeah... this is alll typically bizarre Xtian behavior.

But the show is and has always been a mess of vapid, watery crap.
Hugh Letdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 05:00
Olls~
Forum Member

I saw this on BBC news a little time ago and was at it. So bizarre.
Olls~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 06:57
nathanbrazil
Forum Member

I expect he will be getting rid of all the money he's made from appearing in this 'filth' then?

Weirdo.
Exatly. Just read about the stupid little twonk. Maybe he should look up the effects of fundamentalist religious brainwasing on the human mind before he hands out more advice.
nathanbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:27
petely
Forum Member

A teen actor, a foreign religious cult and the Daily Mail?

Yes, I'm sure that every word is being reported truly - just as it happened
petely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:34
Matt35
Forum Member

Its obviously a publicity stunt to get ratings up. He tells people to stop watching because its filth so people will watch to find out for themselves. He`ll probably get a pay rise if it works.
Matt35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 10:08
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Of course, because everything ever is a publicity stunt ..

People thought Sheen's meltdown was a publicity stunt .. then he was fired.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 11:53
Geiger
Forum Member

Suppose he'll be donating his episode fees to charity then?

Probably not, money > morals.
To be fair, I'm sure he will be donating a lot of money to his "church". I believe it's one of those great churches whose "Lord" requires access to your wallet.
Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 12:21
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Of course, because everything ever is a publicity stunt ..

People thought Sheen's meltdown was a publicity stunt .. then he was fired.
I have a deep suspicion that Sheen's 'meltdown' was more about getting out of his contract so he could make Anger Management than about any mental health issues.

I hope this is a similar story with Angus T Jones thinking 'Well, it worked for Charlie....but I don't fancy a reputation for drugs and hookers.......hmmmmm........I know - Religion!!!"
StressMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 12:28
StressMonkey
Forum Member

To be fair, I'm sure he will be donating a lot of money to his "church". I believe it's one of those great churches whose "Lord" requires access to your wallet.
Its the Seventh Day Adventists - not really a cult any more than Mormons, Jehovas or Evangelicals.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tithe (as do many churches) but it isn't like Scientology.
StressMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:10
NoEntry2k
Forum Member

I have a deep suspicion that Sheen's 'meltdown' was more about getting out of his contract so he could make Anger Management than about any mental health issues.

I hope this is a similar story with Angus T Jones thinking 'Well, it worked for Charlie....but I don't fancy a reputation for drugs and hookers.......hmmmmm........I know - Religion!!!"
If that really was Sheenís plan then it was an awful one! Anger Management pales in comparison to Two and a Half Men when it was at itís best.

As for Angus T Jones, if he has a similar plan then good luck to him making anything close to what he for Two and a Half Men (something like £200,000 an episode).
NoEntry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:55
lala
Forum Member

Its the Seventh Day Adventists - not really a cult any more than Mormons, Jehovas or Evangelicals.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tithe (as do many churches) but it isn't like Scientology.
Religions are cults.
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 14:03
CRTHD
Forum Member

Had to laugh at this:

He adds: "Do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially with what you watch on television. It's bad news. It's bad news."

What about about the effects of religion on the brain?

Religion turns perfectly rational people (usually children) into brain-washed sheep.
CRTHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 15:54
nathanbrazil
Forum Member

Mormonism is possible the most spurious religion that is just big enough to avoid being a cult. I mean, one look at its origins is all it takes.

As for Jehovas Witnesses, any group that would be happy to let their sick or injured children die rather than receive a life-saving blood transfusion is clearly mentally ill.
nathanbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 16:45
Sophie ~Oohie~
Forum Member

It does have some innuendo AFAIK, but I didn't think it was that bad compared to things like Brasseye or anything Frankie Boyle does. I'm pretty sure it used to be on well before 9PM here as well.
Sophie ~Oohie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 16:49
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

thing is, if anyone would have good reason to want out of his contract, it's Jones. His role as Jake has been relegated to a single scene in occasional episodes so it does make more sense in that respect.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:10
maurice45
Forum Member

Stopped watching long before Charlie Sheen was axed. The trailers took absolutely dire.

From what I've read, Angus T Jones doesn't seem to like the direction they're taking the show in, though I fail to see how it could possibly get more "filthy".
maurice45 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:20
C14E
Forum Member

I daresay he'll cling onto the millions he made from it though - despite the fact that money is surely tainted. Then again, I'm sure his new "pastor" will be rattling the money jar under his nose. Getting a multi-millionaire kid into the business must be like winning the lottery for these folk.

Chances are he was never going to work again anyway but he's made for life and I guess he's going out in style now. Chuck Lorre will be scribbling away on his vanity cards as we speak!

My suggestion for a new plot... Jake comes back from the army depressed and demoralised. He realises how awesome his Uncle Charlie's life was and embarks upon a series of threesomes and coke binges before joining a devil worshipping S&M cult.
C14E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:35
JamieMacdonald
Forum Member

If they want to recast him with a 22 year old Scottish guy on the same contract then I'm willing to pack up and move to Los Angeles.
JamieMacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 17:56
John Dough
Forum Member

It might be 'filth' but it certainly isn't funny.
John Dough is offline   Reply With Quote