Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Toshiba 100 Hz widecreen TV

Old 27-11-2012, 19:28
Soundbox
Forum Member

Today I saw in the BHF TV rack a widecreen (36 inch I think) TV that was in very clean order. What I noticed is that the picture was sharper and clearer than the Panasonic model next to it. It was also 100 Hz which sounds fancy!

Anyway, as my Philips 4:3 model is starting to go out of focus on one side I was interested in getting it but don't know anything about this range having never owned Toshiba.

Are these 100 Hz sets a good idea or is there any negative impact on picture quality? Thanks for any input.
Soundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-11-2012, 19:35
tellyman
Forum Member

Go and get it. Probably the best crt set ever produced, cracking picture. Mind your back though.
tellyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:01
Soundbox
Forum Member

Go and get it. Probably the best crt set ever produced, cracking picture. Mind your back though.
Thanks - measuring up my available space now and if it is not too deep I will have it! 75 makes it the dearest in the shop but the quality stood out across the room.
Soundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 09:02
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

Thanks - measuring up my available space now and if it is not too deep I will have it! 75 makes it the dearest in the shop but the quality stood out across the room.
Jesus - 75!!!

Even five years ago we just threw them in skips, if we were forced to remove them (which we avoided if at all possible).
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote