Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Old 31-01-2013, 17:56
changa
Forum Member

Changa, if you do consider him an egotist I'm at a loss to know why you'd take such offence at my saying so other than to manufacture a completely pointless argument. I'm not the one making this personal. Anyone who's read the numerous PA threads will confirm that certain posters crop up time and time again making pretty much the same points and it's difficult not to form an impression of them. I certainly haven't been trawling through your posting history and have no interest in doing so.

For the sake of clarity, I'll rephrase the comment you appear to have such difficulty with which I think was 'all credit to him for for not being intimidated by her brains' to 'Good on yer Pete, she's an absolutely cracking girl. Glad to see you don't have any ridiculous hang-ups about dating a partner who's more intelligent than you are.'
It's the casual sexism I object to, the idea that a woman with brains might be intimidating to men makes me angry.

Nothing personal against you at all. I'm not checking posting history after all.

Anyway, my feelings at continuing sexism and chauvinism run far wider than PA and as such, aren't really for this thread, so I'll say no more about it on Showbiz.

EDIT: I don't like having words put in my mouth. Your first response to me did just that. Doesn't matter whether I think he's got an ego the size of Venus, I hadn't commented on it. Your post responded to something I hadn't said. Annoying.
changa is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2013, 18:02
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Seventy nine pages must be a PA record.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 18:28
Azura's Star
Inactive Member

You think a PA record would sell 79 copies!

(Awaits the inevitable avalanche of posts detailing the number of records PA has in the spare room-or do I mean sold?)
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 18:33
Goaty
Forum Member

Half of it was Off Topics
Goaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 19:04
Fizgig
Forum Member

It's the casual sexism I object to, the idea that a woman with brains might be intimidating to men makes me angry.

Nothing personal against you at all. I'm not checking posting history after all.

Anyway, my feelings at continuing sexism and chauvinism run far wider than PA and as such, aren't really for this thread, so I'll say no more about it on Showbiz.

EDIT: I don't like having words put in my mouth. Your first response to me did just that. Doesn't matter whether I think he's got an ego the size of Venus, I hadn't commented on it. Your post responded to something I hadn't said. Annoying.
A lot of people don't like dating someone lots more intelligent than themselves. It isn't a sexist issue.
Fizgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 20:11
changa
Forum Member

A lot of people don't like dating someone lots more intelligent than themselves. It isn't a sexist issue.
Old 31-01-2013, 20:17
Fizgig
Forum Member

I take it you agree Changa
Old 31-01-2013, 21:08
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

Can you imagine how many pages there would be if the deleted posts were included!
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:19
artlesschaos
Forum Member

Can you imagine how many pages there would be if the deleted posts were included!
Still burns, huh?
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:39
changa
Forum Member

I take it you agree Changa
I wouldn't become overly reliant on my instincts, if I was you.
Old 31-01-2013, 21:43
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it!
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:13
Fizgig
Forum Member

I wouldn't become overly reliant on my instincts, if I was you.
Don't worry, I have some of my own that I usually use.
Old 31-01-2013, 22:37
SenseiSam
Forum Member

As a woman working in a male dominated sector (I've been the sole female on site in 3 of my jobs) it's quite a novel experience to be accused of casual sexism

I genuinely apologise if I put words into your mouth Changa. I did feel you were making rather wild assumptions about me too so shall we agree to just stay on topic?
SenseiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:46
dirty dingus
Forum Member

You think a PA record would sell 79 copies!

(Awaits the inevitable avalanche of posts detailing the number of records PA has in the spare room-or do I mean sold?)
Ah records, dreamy days of woolworths and picture discs. the Antipodean Adonis missed a trick there,

Image a picture of petes 12 incher in all its glory, sorry it's early in the morning and words get jumbled what I meant was Imagine a picture o peter on a 12 incher in all his glory.
Sure that would shift a few copies, do they do a best picture disc catogery at the grammys?
dirty dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14
Fizgig
Forum Member

Ah records, dreamy days of woolworths and picture discs. the Antipodean Adonis missed a trick there,

Image a picture of petes 12 incher in all its glory, sorry it's early in the morning and words get jumbled what I meant was Imagine a picture o peter on a 12 incher in all his glory.
Sure that would shift a few copies, do they do a best picture disc catogery at the grammys?
You did envoke the first image in my minds eye, orange on a background of neon yellow. It looked quite effective.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19
Azura's Star
Inactive Member

For the sake of accuracy,shouldn't it be the Abominable Antipodean Adonis?
In light of the hideously unspeakable mental image your post has left me with, I will be pursuing you through every court in the land for compensation for emotional trauma and distress.
I may never be able to eat again.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39
dirty dingus
Forum Member

For the sake of accuracy,shouldn't it be the Abominable Antipodean Adonis?
In light of the hideously unspeakable mental image your post has left me with, I will be pursuing you through every court in the land for compensation for emotional trauma and distress.
I may never be able to eat again.
Eating is over rated, I made a promised to myself that I wouldn't eat a proper meal until I could try one of these culinary classics.
http://www.list.co.uk/article/20334-...solo-cookbook/

yeah ha petes on itv2 right noo.
dirty dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51
lexi22
Inactive Member

Eating is over rated, I made a promised to myself that I wouldn't eat a proper meal until I could try one of these culinary classics.

Did that ever happen?
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58
Azura's Star
Inactive Member

So he signed a 1.5 million deal for a cookbook?
Is there no end to the man's talents?
If he keeps going at this rate,the Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar in every available category must be just around the corner.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10
lexi22
Inactive Member

So he signed a 1.5 million deal for a cookbook?
Is there no end to the man's talents?
If he keeps going at this rate,the Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar in every available category must be just around the corner.
That was back in 2009. So where is this culinary greekenglian masterpiece that was going to change the way we eat forever?
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

What happened to the personal trainer that used to feature in the show a lot?
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37
changa
Forum Member

Don't worry, I have some of my own that I usually use.
Not worried about you. Wasn't worried about you. Have never been worried about you. Will never be worried about you. You'd best deal with that and move on.

A cookbook eh? I am devastated that that never came to pass
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44
Fizgig
Forum Member

Not worried about you. Wasn't worried about you. Have never been worried about you. Will never be worried about you. You'd best deal with that and move on.

A cookbook eh? I am devastated that that never came to pass
I hope your posts today are as amusing as yesterdays. I see promise already.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54
cazzz
Forum Member

oh my...trying to corner another market for male single parents, maybe his ex might have done one for the female single parents is there nothing he and his PR wont come up with to keep churning out dross articles?

What next? Pete's cookery school with his good friend Gino?

I am surprised he hasn't brought out a diet book along with a fitness video - with Claires boyfriend/security guard/driver etc etc
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

click click click
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote