Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Are Netbooks going out of fashion!

Old 28-11-2012, 16:41
connoisseur69uk
Forum Member

My wife has asked for a Netbook from Santa this year, so I have been looking around and there does not seem to be much choice in store this year!

Staples do not have any in on display and Currys/PC World only had two to choose from and both were marked "Clearance Stock"

I have searched on line but would really like to buy from a store close by in case of any problems!

Would I be better suggesting a Tablet with a keyboard?
connoisseur69uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-11-2012, 16:45
c4rv
Forum Member

What does she want to do with it ?

I have a Asus Transformer with is basically a Android based netbook and tablet combined and there are still things it can't do as well as a Windows based netbook can do.
c4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 17:01
Mindee
Forum Member

My wife has asked for a Netbook from Santa this year, so I have been looking around and there does not seem to be much choice in store this year!

Staples do not have any in on display and Currys/PC World only had two to choose from and both were marked "Clearance Stock"

I have searched on line but would really like to buy from a store close by in case of any problems!

Reading other threads here would be some help.
Mindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 23:45
Snake_Eater
Inactive Member

I think netbooks died when ipads and tablets took off.
Snake_Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 22:39
Meepers
Forum Member

Their market has been squeezed by small tablets and smart phones. That said, I think to say they have died is a massive exageration, go on any train journey in this country and you see people with netbooks being used. Whatever the retailers think, people still use them.
Meepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 23:37
RobinOfLoxley
Forum Member

Look for an 11-12" notebook/laptop. There was a recent thread but I can't find it.
RobinOfLoxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14
pfgpowell
Forum Member

I have an 11in Lenovo netbook which is very useful, although admittedly it has an i3 processor. They usually come with a slower one and they all usually have one of either two different chips, neither of which is particularly fast.
pfgpowell is offline   Reply With Quote