Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Rylan will be presenting on Daybreak for a week

Old 30-11-2012, 00:44
beepbeep77
Forum Member

Im glad he's getting lots of job offers- hope he gets a permanent role on TV soon!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...Presenting-Job
beepbeep77 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-11-2012, 00:49
Helen90
Forum Member

that's wicked! I'm so hoping he'll be on CBB in january
Helen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:51
xeo
Forum Member

Everyone loves him and no doubt the viewers will too so he'll probably get a role somewhere.
xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:55
valezio
Forum Member

Don't know how true this is but did hear that he'll be on the TOWIE Christmas special. Glad the works coming in.
valezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:56
beepbeep77
Forum Member

Don't know how true this is but did hear that he'll be on the TOWIE Christmas special. Glad the works coming in.
Yes i read that he would be too (but only in a cameo role). Obviously if he was to join properly with a main part they'd have to work him into a storyline.
Old 30-11-2012, 00:58
Agent F
Forum Member

I'd rather he did the jungle!
Agent F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:09
ribtickle

Rylan did very well when rapidly reading from the autocue at the end of Xtra Factor as he and Caroline introduced Olly singing on stage. And he displayed great composure on live television. Hope he does well.

Graham Norton started off by filling in at Jack Docherty's talk show and proved to be such a hit that he got his own show.
ribtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:11
flashwilson
Forum Member

Hope he does well. I love him. He just has to stop crying and he'll be sorted
flashwilson is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:48
beefymonster
Forum Member

I wan't him to do well but i think going on CBB would be a bad move, As much as I would wan't to watch him I think he shoudl try getting jobs as now is the right time for opportunities ie daybreak not another participant on a show. If it does not work out then do it next year if asked.
beefymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:50
rombod
Forum Member

Get money, bish.
rombod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 06:37
alsmama
Forum Member

Oh boy, I registered that as CBeebies at first! Really couldn't see him presenting Show me Show me, or Something Special with Justin!
alsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 08:02
beepbeep77
Forum Member

I wan't him to do well but i think going on CBB would be a bad move, As much as I would wan't to watch him I think he shoudl try getting jobs as now is the right time for opportunities ie daybreak not another participant on a show. If it does not work out then do it next year if asked.
He'll be on tour for the next cbb i think anyway...maybe the next one though, i still think he'd like to do it at some point, he applied when he was 18 apparently.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:34
abigail05
Forum Member

Im glad he's getting lots of job offers- hope he gets a permanent role on TV soon!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...Presenting-Job
Just as well I don't watch it.

As it's mainly the kids that like him - they should put him on the kids shows, not the adult ones.
abigail05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 08:43
staceyxxx23
Forum Member

Yay, a reason to watch Daybreak every day now!

Can't wait to see him presenting, he should take over Richard Arnold's role for good.
staceyxxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 08:50
abigail05
Forum Member

Yay, a reason to watch Daybreak every day now!

Can't wait to see him presenting, he should take over Richard Arnold's role for good.
That won't happen.

You haven't seen him in action yet as a presenter, yet you say he should have a permanent role - how daft is that!

He will haunt our screens for a few months - but quickly disappear.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:51
staceyxxx23
Forum Member

That won't happen.

You haven't seen him in action yet as a presenter, yet you say he should have a permanent role - how daft is that!

He will haunt our screens for a few months - but quickly disappear.
I know he'll be an excellent host, he's just got that way about him, he's perfect for the role.

I'm sure he'll be around a lot longer than you expect.
staceyxxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 09:08
Floh
Forum Member

Just as well I don't watch it.

As it's mainly the kids that like him - they should put him on the kids shows, not the adult ones.
Hilarious!

I believe it's mainly adults who love him as they can see what a very nice funny and intelligent chap Rylan is, but those who believe it's only children who are his fans are welcome to watch this space because Rylan is here to stay.
Floh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 09:31
Satnavvy
Forum Member

Daybreak's desperation for viewers knows no bounds.

I would advise him not to hang around too long on that knacker's horse of a show
Satnavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 09:39
abigail05
Forum Member

Hilarious!

I believe it's mainly adults who love him as they can see what a very nice funny and intelligent chap Rylan is, but those who believe it's only children who are his fans are welcome to watch this space because Rylan is here to stay.
He may be nice and even intelligent - that, however, doesn't make him a good tv presenter.

If we made every nice, intelligent person a tv presenter/personality - the world would be overrun with them. Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

By the way - the expressions, words come cheap and actions speak louder than words might just come into play here. Here to stay hey - Hilarious.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:45
Patti-Ann
Forum Member

I'd rather he did the jungle!
Unfortunately the next Jungle won't be on for another year
Patti-Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 09:57
Floh
Forum Member

He may be nice and even intelligent - that, however, doesn't make him a good tv presenter.

If we made every nice, intelligent person a tv presenter/personality - the world would be overrun with them. Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

By the way - the expressions, words come cheap and actions speak louder than words might just come into play here. Here to stay hey - Hilarious.
Yes, isn't it hilarious just how Rylan is going to succeed despite such surety he can't by some? Against all odds. I'll truly find a use for this smile:

And then I'll be happily using the following smilie:

I heartily agree with this: Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

Yet many have flourished. I envision Rylan Clark thriving in his career and wish him well.

btw, I despise all the smilies used by DS, but, hey, I'll use them in an effort to communicate with those who enjoy them.
Floh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:20
claireglasgow
Forum Member

see, this is exactly why i never liked rylan. apart from his obvious lack of talent, he is only interested in being famous - he doesnt actually care how he does it.

as evidenced in the fact he is like geri halliwell and has tried every reality show in the book in order to get his ugly mug on tv . its not about being a singer, its not about making music or being a recording artist. he just wants to be famous. throw shit at a wall enough times eventually something will stick.

im sorry, but he just about epitomises what is wrong with shows like this - encouraging young people to just seek out fame and money - doesnt matter if youre talented, doesnt matter if youre an idiot, as long as youre on tv youll make more money in a year than a junior doctor. jedward et al - the same.

if he was really serious about music or being a singer he would be concentrating on a music career and being taken seriously.
claireglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:41
INFJ
Forum Member

Oh boy, I registered that as CBeebies at first! Really couldn't see him presenting Show me Show me, or Something Special with Justin!
It would certainly liven it up for us mums who are forced to watch these shows! Would rather Rylan to Justin any day! Shame it isn't true.
INFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:45
Treewatcher
Forum Member

Good for our Rylan! I'm so pleased for him - and he's someone who should be on our TVs 24/7 just to annoy his detractors! I think Rylan is definitely succeeding in show-biz because of all that charisma he has. So what if he wants to be famous - it's not a crime.
Treewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:50
Starry Eyed
Inactive Member

At least, unlike that cretin Louis Spence, Rylan is likeable. I can see why he's being bombarded with offers...however he should be careful when it comes to overexposure. He is a novelty, I don't think he'd be so amusing to watch if he was in our faces all the time.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote