Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Omfg. Just placed a tesco online shop, do i pay them when the come?

Old 02-12-2012, 13:31
tracystapes
Inactive Member

(actually I placed the order Friday) never done it before so tomorrow my online shopping should arrive, do i pay the deliverers or has it been taken out of my account?

I'm freaking out as I have no physical cash in the house (well not the amount it amounted too)
tracystapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-12-2012, 13:34
Junipert
Forum Member

(actually I placed the order Friday) never done it before so tomorrow my online shopping should arrive, do i pay the deliverers or has it been taken out of my account?

I'm freaking out as I have no physical cash in the house (well not the amount it amounted too)
It is taken out from whatever card you used when you ordered.
Junipert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:34
tracystapes
Inactive Member

*phew thanks. I take the goods from the deliverers and shut the door, thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 13:36
RiverChelt
Forum Member

Don't forget to give the delivery driver a 10% tip...!
RiverChelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:36
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Don't forget to give the delivery driver a 10% tip...!
So shall I put 50p on the side and just give it to them or?
Old 02-12-2012, 13:38
mklass
Forum Member

Sorry Tracy but i have to ask, 'did you not realise you used your card to pay when you ordered?' they would not have processed your order without payment and there would be no delivery tomorrow!.....
mklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:38
HarryValley
Forum Member

or what?
HarryValley is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:40
RiverChelt
Forum Member

Have you ordered any snacks or nibbles? I bet a nice Apple Danish would be a nice treat for them and would ensure your next delivery is on time and prevent them from fiddling with your fresh produce.
RiverChelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:41
Jane Doh!
Forum Member

How can you not know you paid with your card?

Honestly ...
Jane Doh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:42
Function
Forum Member

Did you use the codes to knock 20 quid off your bill as a first time user?
Function is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:44
tracystapes
Inactive Member

I'm really confused
Old 02-12-2012, 13:47
Jane Doh!
Forum Member

I'm really confused
About what? You ordered. You paid. You wait for your delivery. A child could do it.
Jane Doh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:48
rickrickricky
Inactive Member

About what? You ordered. You paid. You wait for your delivery. A child could do it.
I suspect one did on Friday.
rickrickricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:52
mklass
Forum Member

Have you ordered any snacks or nibbles? I bet a nice Apple Danish would be a nice treat for them and would ensure your next delivery is on time and prevent them from fiddling with your fresh produce.
mklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:59
Junipert
Forum Member

Tips are not obligatory. I certainly never tip except once at Christmas when the driver was extremely helpful bringing all the shopping into my kitchen but normally I just take them at the door. It is simpler and not all drivers are dog friendly Lol
Junipert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:01
HarryValley
Forum Member

Curiosity's got the better of me.

What have you ordered?

... or don't you know?
Old 02-12-2012, 14:04
geniusgirl
Forum Member

Tips are not obligatory. I certainly never tip except once at Christmas when the driver was extremely helpful bringing all the shopping into my kitchen but normally I just take them at the door. It is simpler and not all drivers are dog friendly Lol
Quite, also they do get paid!
geniusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:24
captainkremmen
Forum Member

You entered your card details, surely?. How can you not know if you have paid by card or not?.
captainkremmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:27
AnthonyS
Forum Member

It will taken out but it never goes off your balance until the day after at least, even the available balance which is pretty stupid.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:28
John259
Forum Member

You should have received an email confirmation of the order, listing the items and the provisional prices. The actual prices will be those applicable on the day of delivery.

If there are any substitutions then the driver should tell you about them and they will be listed at the top of the receipt that the driver gives you. Then you can accept or reject each of them as you wish.

If you supply Tesco with your mobile phone number then they'll send you a text message on the previous day or the day of delivery to say which hour the delivery should occur in, out of the two hour window that you chose when you ordered.

If you used a credit card to pay then on your card operator's web site you'll probably see the money reserved (i.e. your available credit reduced) already, but the actual transaction might not show up until a couple of days after delivery. If you used a debit card it also usually takes two or three days to show up as a transaction, same as using a debit card in a shop often does.
John259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:30
HarryValley
Forum Member

You should have received an email confirmation of the order, listing the items and the provisional prices. The actual prices will be those applicable on the day of delivery.

If there are any substitutions then the driver should tell you about them and they will be listed at the top of the receipt that the driver gives you. Then you can accept or reject each of them as you wish.

If you supply Tesco with your mobile phone number then they'll send you a text message on the previous day or the day of delivery to say which hour the delivery should occur in, out of the two hour window that you chose when you ordered.

If you used a credit card to pay then on your card operator's web site you'll probably see the money reserved (i.e. your available credit reduced) already, but the actual transaction might not show up until a couple of days after delivery. If you used a debit card it also usually takes two or three days to show up as a transaction, same as using a debit card in a shop often does.
Do you work for Tescoids?
Old 02-12-2012, 14:35
John259
Forum Member

Do you work for Tescoids?
No, never have. Just a customer.
John259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:39
Orangemaid
Forum Member

*phew thanks. I take the goods from the deliverers and shut the door, thanks
no thats not how it works

they bring the baskets of food and unload it to your door,,you have to pack it all away yourself..they dont use bags..so make room in your porch for all the shopping as thats where they drop it from, your doorstep lol
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:49
DirtyBarrySpeed
Forum Member

Don't worry about the 50p, but feel free to put a tenner in my paypal account.
DirtyBarrySpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:55
zoepaulpenny
Forum Member

you have to pay before they will deliver, we use on line every week. no way will they deliver without payment been made before hand.
zoepaulpenny is offline   Reply With Quote