Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Old 05-12-2013, 19:54
killthedirector
Forum Member

First Trailer.

Can't wait for this. Not sure what to think of rhino though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC5jDtpG78c
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-12-2013, 19:58
MrSuper
Forum Member

I think the trailer looks pretty fantastic.

Surprised there isn't more of Jamie Foxx as Electro. I thought he was the main big bad but judging by the trailer it seems to be Harry Osborne aka the Green Goblin. I do think they have far too many diferrent characters in this, isn't Rhino also supposed to appear too?
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 20:02
KMKYWAP
Forum Member

The Amazing CGI-Man.
KMKYWAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 20:03
KMKYWAP
Forum Member

Surprised there isn't more of Jamie Foxx as Electro. I thought he was the main big bad but judging by the trailer it seems to be Harry Osborne aka the Green Goblin. I do think they have far too many diferrent characters in this, isn't Rhino also supposed to appear too?
Did you not watch the trailer?
Old 05-12-2013, 20:05
MrSuper
Forum Member

Did you not watch the trailer?
Clearly not as close as you if i didn't recognise the character.
Old 05-12-2013, 20:13
KMKYWAP
Forum Member

Clearly not as close as you if i didn't recognise the character.
21 seconds in.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...psc567add4.png
Old 05-12-2013, 20:14
Karis
Forum Member

Loved the trailer (loved the first movie)

Can't wait for summer now!
Karis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 20:15
((((Dingo))))
Forum Member

It's looking promising, I like the way they're delving more into oscorp being the facilitators of evil, as well as expanding on peters parents deaths.
It's good that they're deviating from the original trilogy, that was the problem many people had with the first one.

Btw did anyone catch Doc Ocs mechanical arms in the glass case?

Jaime Fox is the main vilan, it seems like they're setting up Harry Osborne for either the climax of the film or the next one.
I think it's been confirmed somewhere that Rhino isn't in the movie a lot, he's very much a smaller villian.

Trailer breakdown by the director and some of the cast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxvTjKDJCE
((((Dingo)))) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 20:25
Stansfield
Forum Member

Thought that was a big metal robot thing.

Great Trailer.

Out 18th April...
Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 20:47
KMKYWAP
Forum Member

Thought that was a big metal robot thing.
That just happens to be in the shape of a Rhino.

Old 05-12-2013, 22:22
MrSuper
Forum Member

Thanks. Had no idea that was Rhino! Pmsl!
Old 05-12-2013, 22:28
007Fusion
Forum Member

It's looking promising, I like the way they're delving more into oscorp being the facilitators of evil, as well as expanding on peters parents deaths.
It's good that they're deviating from the original trilogy, that was the problem many people had with the first one.

Btw did anyone catch Doc Ocs mechanical arms in the glass case?

Jaime Fox is the main vilan, it seems like they're setting up Harry Osborne for either the climax of the film or the next one.
I think it's been confirmed somewhere that Rhino isn't in the movie a lot, he's very much a smaller villian.

Trailer breakdown by the director and some of the cast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxvTjKDJCE
If the Rhino becomes a mutant later on in the film (maybe via Oscorp) he could set up scorpion for the next film.
007Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 23:10
Palmerwho
Forum Member

Fantastic trailer, the only worry is as others have mentioned a possible villain 'overload'.

Did anyone else spot the Vulture wings and Doc Ock arms in the Osborne vault? A version of the Sinister Six anyone?
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 23:14
kippeh
Forum Member

Spidey suit much better. The big white eyes are very comic-like.
kippeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 00:17
Motthus
Forum Member

It looks ok but I hope its better than the first film which I found very average!

That trailer does give a lot away especially about the story behind Peter parents which I think would have been better leaving for a suprise in the film!

I get the feeling that Rhino will just be at the start of the film in a minor role.Then Electro as the main villian but with the whole Osborne story being in the back ground through out the film before it becomes the main focus at the end which will lead into the third film!
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:59
Motthus
Forum Member

The Super Bowl trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 is online.Its quite long and does show a lot of the film however Im still not that excited about it!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:25
Naa_KwaKai
Inactive Member

The Super Bowl trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 is online.Its quite long and does show a lot of the film however Im still not that excited about it!
It looks like the type of trailer a fan makes after the movie has already been released on DVD. Major plot details given away. Having said that I look forward to seeing the movie in Imax 3D.
Naa_KwaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:39
Tomsm
Forum Member

I do not know about you, but I film a decade ago much better.
And not just because the main character, but also because of its atmosphere.
Tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 19:10
Motthus
Forum Member

I don't like this studio trend of showing so much in the trailers though!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:53
Snowyface
Forum Member

Can not WAIT to see Dane Dehaan, love him as an actor and was so happy when he was announced as Harry.

Also can't wait for Electro, looks very cool!
Snowyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:20
whedon247
Forum Member

a great example of a reboot being a great decision

amazing spiderman wa smuch better than raimis original and marc webbs follow up looks like it could be the best of all 5.
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45
Naa_KwaKai
Inactive Member

a great example of a reboot being a great decision

amazing spiderman wa smuch better than raimis original and marc webbs follow up looks like it could be the best of all 5.
Actually it's a great example of a reboot being a direct result of a couple of suits who desperately needed to retain the rights to their properties. Marvel cleverly put it in their contract with Sony that they must use Spiderman within a certain time period otherwise the rights will return to Marvel.
Old 08-02-2014, 15:11
stripedcat
Forum Member

Actually it's a great example of a reboot being a direct result of a couple of suits who desperately needed to retain the rights to their properties. Marvel cleverly put it in their contract with Sony that they must use Spiderman within a certain time period otherwise the rights will return to Marvel.

Yep - that's about. Raimi's Spiderman had so much better atmosphere - and I think a lot better understanding of Spiderman's journey into becoming a hero and accepting responsibility. There was admittedly the flawed third film - but it still stand heads and shoulders int terms of storyline and characterisation compared to the reboot.

The reboot whilst not bad in terms of a film, just seems to miss the verve and zest of the earlier films. It's well made, and they seemed to have made the CGI Spiderman much better looking in the effects department - but it as I mentioned, it does feel lacking in comparison.
stripedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 15:45
Naa_KwaKai
Inactive Member

Yep - that's about. Raimi's Spiderman had so much better atmosphere - and I think a lot better understanding of Spiderman's journey into becoming a hero and accepting responsibility. There was admittedly the flawed third film - but it still stand heads and shoulders int terms of storyline and characterisation compared to the reboot.

The reboot whilst not bad in terms of a film, just seems to miss the verve and zest of the earlier films. It's well made, and they seemed to have made the CGI Spiderman much better looking in the effects department - but it as I mentioned, it does feel lacking in comparison.
Oh no, don't get me wrong - Amazing Spiderman may be a cynical reboot (remake?) but it's by far better than anything Raimi did. It always makes me laugh when people say the third Spiderman is the worst - I found it to be the most tolerable. Andrew Garfield's Spiderman is more true to the character. I'm thinking Amazing Spiderman 2 is going to be the defining moment for the franchise.
Old 08-02-2014, 15:48
Syntax Error
Forum Member

First Trailer.

Can't wait for this. Not sure what to think of rhino though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC5jDtpG78c
The trailer does look fantastic.

I can't wait to see it.
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote