Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Mario Galaxy

Old 03-12-2012, 13:11
Robertfitz
Forum Member

Yes I'm miles behind times I know. I've never been a Wii guy, but with the U coming out I thought I'd have a blast through the big name Wii games

Mario Galaxy is amazing BUT

The most annoying end to a game ever. Congratulations you've completed it, your reward? Play through the whole game again getting every star as Luigi. Then only after that do you get the secret level. So frustrating -_-
Robertfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-12-2012, 13:22
lordOfTime
Forum Member

Want a medal?

The ending is no different to say Mario Kart Mirror mode with going through the tracks in reverse. I don't play games for rewards, I play cos it's fun.
lordOfTime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:31
Scrubber
Forum Member

The galaxy games are far from amazing, they're alright.

Hope they get back to earth for the next 3D Mario game.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:34
Matt D
Forum Member

I still haven't played Mario Galaxy, despite having bought it on release five years ago

I think Mario 64's ending was the Princess giving Mario a cake... A CAKE AFTER ALL THAT?! LOL.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 22:38
Scrubber
Forum Member

I still haven't played Mario Galaxy, despite having bought it on release five years ago

I think Mario 64's ending was the Princess giving Mario a cake... A CAKE AFTER ALL THAT?! LOL.
Probably got their freak on after the cameras stopped rolling.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:42
Nostlagic
Forum Member

The most annoying end to a game ever. Congratulations you've completed it, your reward? Play through the whole game again getting every star as Luigi. Then only after that do you get the secret level. So frustrating -_-
LOL i completed the story a while ago, but only very recently got round to collecting all 120 stars. I think i'll save playing as Luigi when i want to replay it all again in a couple of years!
Nostlagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:45
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

It's strange but it took me a while to warm to Mario Galaxy, not so much with Galaxy 2 though. When I got into them and fully appreciated them they were among the best platformers I've ever played. Nothing else out there like them!
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:17
Benllech
Forum Member

Going to try gettin into this game again.
Benllech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 23:49
NoseyLouie
Forum Member

Want a medal?

The ending is no different to say Mario Kart Mirror mode with going through the tracks in reverse. I don't play games for rewards, I play cos it's fun.
Lol I know I had to teach my eldest daughter (again) that games are for fun not to covet a virtual driving licence (my youngest 4 now, while farting about with the game and the Miis deleted her licence after she basically completed it)

Mario Galaxy was too hard for us after a certain point, mianly that underwater world bit..gaahh! kids got bored, and one of the wiimotes pointer function went/broke. Still have the game though.

Best bit is Rosalina and her story time

It is a pretty looking game graphic wise though Apart from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the ps2
NoseyLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58
lordOfTime
Forum Member

The Wii Remote pointer thing going was one of the things that put me off the Wii. I'm a sucker for the good old days of Wired controllers, just put the cartridge in, turn on the system and off you go.

Completed Galaxy before I finished with the Wii but I don't think I'll ever finish Galaxy 2, sadly
lordOfTime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote