Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Old 22-09-2013, 05:13
Stigid
Forum Member

Yesterday a source said: “Michael has held talks about going on to I’m A Celeb and is definitely up for it.

Michael thinks people will see a different side to him and he likes an adventure.

His brother lives in Australia and he has spent a lot of time Down Under in the past few years.

“There is a lot of money on the table for Michael and it couldn’t come at a better time because the court case has left him skint.

But one of the main conditions laid down by producers is that he needs to show he is able to cope without a drink.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/m...ebrity-2292013
Stigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:36
whatever54
Forum Member

I saw that article earlier and found it interesting. I hadn't thought of the interference of ITV before but it almost sounds like he has to do it, 2 birds 1 stone I guess (rehab & ratings). Personally I think he has been through enough without having to eat awful things & all the rest IAC entails. If he wants to do it fair enough but I hope he isn't forced into it as that would seem like blackmail.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 06:28
soulboy77
Forum Member

Blackmailed into earning £500k for a few weeks work!
soulboy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:17
Cantona07
Forum Member

This leaves a bad taste (no pun intended). I fully endorse the idea that he was cleared in a court of law and should be allowed to return to a normal life but if he is offered things like this it is PURELY because of his court case and thats not right. He shouldnt be cashing in on what happened on one hand and then be expected to have a clean slate on the other.
Cantona07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:46
earthling13
Forum Member

If this is true I just don't understand why they would throw money around like this just to produce a few minutes (after you take out the ads, A&D, the phone numbers and the task ) selected highlights each night Surely the viewer deserves more? I think it's time it was boycotted. Don't watch but it you do don't phone and they'd have to rethink the whole thing.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:48
real world
Forum Member

This leaves a bad taste (no pun intended). I fully endorse the idea that he was cleared in a court of law and should be allowed to return to a normal life but if he is offered things like this it is PURELY because of his court case and thats not right. He shouldnt be cashing in on what happened on one hand and then be expected to have a clean slate on the other.
He has his legal fees to pay though, which he wouldn't needed to have even thought about if he hadn't been wrongly accused. So to me it's fair enough.
real world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:51
Cantona07
Forum Member

He has his legal fees to pay though, which he wouldn't needed to have even thought about if he hadn't been wrongly accused. So to me it's fair enough.
Its not "fair enough" at all, he is trading on the back of his accusations. How can he legitimately say "I want to move on and put it all behind me" and then take a chunky offer based on the innuendo that will inevitably follow him?

Go back to Corrie and get on with it. Dont exploit your new found notoriety.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:23
Stigid
Forum Member

I am under the impression he is effectively being forced by ITV to do Celebrity, to boost ratings.

And it may indeed help remove him from a supply of booze, and detox him, ready for Coronation Street.
Stigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:27
Cantona07
Forum Member

If thats the case then they all deserve each other.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:35
Benry_Gale
Forum Member

Its not "fair enough" at all, he is trading on the back of his accusations. How can he legitimately say "I want to move on and put it all behind me" and then take a chunky offer based on the innuendo that will inevitably follow him?

And then who should be paying his legal fees? Is he not entitled to earn some extra cash to pay them off, since it's a false accusation that's made him have to pay them in the first place? The IAC offer wouldn't even be on the table had he not been dragged through this mess.
Benry_Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:44
real world
Forum Member

If you were in his position, wrongly accused with thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and someone offers to pay a substantial amount which you could use to pay them off.

He has been dragged through the gutter and had to open up his personal life to everyone.

He deserves every penny.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:46
2shy2007
Forum Member

Poor bloke, he is falsely accused then has to pay half a million because of it.
2shy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:47
Cantona07
Forum Member

And then who should be paying his legal fees? Is he not entitled to earn some extra cash to pay them off, since it's a false accusation that's made him have to pay them in the first place? The IAC offer wouldn't even be on the table had he not been dragged through this mess.
No he isn't. His legal fees are not for us to concern ourselves.

He is not entitled to earn some "extra cash" on the back of being involved in a very complex case of child abuse.

He is entitled to go back to the life he had prior to the case.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:50
Cantona07
Forum Member

If you were in his position, wrongly accused with thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and someone offers to pay a substantial amount which you could use to pay them off.

He has been dragged through the gutter and had to open up his personal life to everyone.

He deserves every penny.
No he doesn't at all.

He may deserve compensation or to not have to pay these fees. That is a totally different argument.

He doesnt "deserve" to have his profile raised on the back of going to court for being accused of having sex with a small child.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:51
2shy2007
Forum Member

No he doesn't at all.

He may deserve compensation or to not have to pay these fees. That is a totally different argument.

He doesnt "deserve" to have his profile raised on the back of going to court for having sex with a small child.

Of course he does, he needs the money because he was falsely accused, he has to get that quickly , so doing something like Im a celeb is the best way to do it, he can then pay off the debt and put it all behind him and move on.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:51
real world
Forum Member

No he isn't. His legal fees are not for us to concern ourselves.

He is not entitled to earn some "extra cash" on the back of being involved in a very complex case of child abuse.

He is entitled to go back to the life he had prior to the case.
What utter garbage, why should he have to pay for something he didn't do?
Old 22-09-2013, 08:53
2shy2007
Forum Member

In an ideal world he would not have to pay a penny and the other side would cover his fees, but life is cruel and he needs to do this to get back on track.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:56
Cantona07
Forum Member

Im not arguing whether he should pay or not. That is a totally separate issue.

Im saying that his new found celebrity status on the back of this court case shouldnt pay for anything or line his pockets. What he does with the money isnt relevant.
Old 22-09-2013, 09:00
Ber
Forum Member

I am under the impression he is effectively being forced by ITV to do Celebrity, to boost ratings.

And it may indeed help remove him from a supply of booze, and detox him, ready for Coronation Street.
I thinks its also a way for ITV to gauge public reaction to him before deciding if he can come back 'properly' or just as a glorified extra until they can get rid properly.

Personally I think it too soon for him to be doing a reality programme.
Ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:31
TrishaS
Forum Member

In an ideal world he would not have to pay a penny and the other side would cover his fees, but life is cruel and he needs to do this to get back on track.

BIB, I thought that was the way it worked

Also agree with Ber, I think he will be making a bad move doing celeb and it might go horribly wrong
TrishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:47
i4u
Forum Member

BUT...according to this he's been thrown a lifeline and is set to secure a six figure sum for sitting opposite Piers Morgan...mmmm maybe the jungle is more inviting.

Plus...

Corrie scriptwriters are now working on a storyline to explain his return.
i4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:51
zx50
Forum Member

I wonder if the producers would have asked him to go on their show had this court case with him never happened? Daft question, I know. I suppose the producers look for celebrities who will have something to talk about while in there, whether it be a scandal or whatever.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:55
zx50
Forum Member

That's a hell of a lot of money for appearing on Piers Morgan's show. He'll have made a fortune from what happened with this court case by the time he's appeared on everything.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:05
Green_Stamp
Inactive Member

Yesterday a source said: “Michael has held talks about going on to I’m A Celeb and is definitely up for it.

Michael thinks people will see a different side to him
and he likes an adventure.

His brother lives in Australia and he has spent a lot of time Down Under in the past few years.

“There is a lot of money on the table for Michael and it couldn’t come at a better time because the court case has left him skint.

But one of the main conditions laid down by producers is that he needs to show he is able to cope without a drink.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/m...ebrity-2292013
Why does this complete and utter crap always get thrown around when celebs do these crappy reality TV shows?
Green_Stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:08
The Prumeister
Forum Member

He was found not guilty in a court of law and that's good enough for me. He is a celebrity so he has just as much right as any other celebrities to appear on the show; indeed some of the 'celebrities' they find are very tenuous.

The man has been through hell and if I was in his situation I would want to make as much money as I could to pay legal fees etc. I doubt he'll be able to talk about the case per se on the show anyway.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote