Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Old 19-10-2013, 22:23
RandomPeter94
Forum Member

As it says in the title.

I remember reading a couple of posts saying nice things about Cilla, but the only 1000 posts I have seen say she is vile!
RandomPeter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-10-2013, 22:30
Dream_catcher
Forum Member

As it says in the title.

I remember reading a couple of posts saying nice things about Cilla, but the only 1000 posts I have seen say she is vile!
I know what you mean. It's shocked me the amount of people who have said she is not a very nice person and that's putting it mildly. But a lot of these people have actually met her so they can't all be wrong about her.
I have always liked her but have been taken aback about her being a nasty person.
Dream_catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 22:38
Westy2
Forum Member

I'm surprised one of her lackeys hasn't been on here to defend her.

By the way, it would be interesting to hear the old bag herself comment on all of the opinions expressed on DS & elsewhere.

Surely she has a right to reply at least.

Must admit I can't stand her singing personally.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 22:43
Tassium
Forum Member

Famous people who are reported to be "nice" when meeting the public are almost always faking it.

Maybe Ms Black is simply not a person to pretend to like you?
Tassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 22:54
Brighton Bhelle
Inactive Member

Famous people who are reported to be "nice" when meeting the public are almost always faking it.

And you know that for a fact?

There's far too much written about her unpleasant and sometimes downright nasty personality for every story to be wrong.

She owes the public her fame so she could at least be pleasant.
Brighton Bhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 00:20
simmer
Forum Member

I know what you mean. It's shocked me the amount of people who have said she is not a very nice person and that's putting it mildly. But a lot of these people have actually met her so they can't all be wrong about her.
I have always liked her but have been taken aback about her being a nasty person.
this is what i was thinking too.
simmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 10:37
i4u
Forum Member

Most people don't want confrontation and it's likely Cilla Black fans aren't people who get into arguments. Most people have not met her or any celeb, so when people claim thousands of people don't have a good word to say, it's based on hearsay.

In another thread I went through 100 messages of which only 3 or 4 claimed to have direct knowledge of her. Bizarrely some people based their intimate knowledge of a celeb on a forum said to be air crew BUT it seems anyone can join that forum. If someone puts a message on that forum those it automatically make them a pilot or air crew?

Unfortunately on some forums there are people want to spew hatred and close down debate rather than discuss and express opinions.

I can recall a conversation I was involved with among two celebs about a lucrative TV commercial deal for a savoury snack, which for technical reasons the public partly heard. On a certain 'digital' forum contributors deduced a chat about a TV snack was code about certain TV personalities!

It gave the celebs and there team a laugh. Even funnier was I explained the truth on that certain 'digital' forum and people didn't want to believe it. I realised you don't need to plant stories, based on a minimum of information viewers will happily make up their own false scenarios and then treat them as fact.
i4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 11:09
zx50
Forum Member

Then she shouldn't when she's in front of the cameras. Of course though, this would destroy her friendly on-screen image. I'm not slagging her off here, just to say that if you manage to achieve fame, you can't expect to carry on living a normal life.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 11:17
jeff_vader
Forum Member

Met her. And no. Same goes for contemporaries like Brucie, etc. None of them are that nice.

Though...will say I like some of her early singles (Love Of The Loved, It's For You). Not a great voice, but it is what it is and distinctive. And I've seen tapes of some her 70s BBC shows, which seemed a lot of fun.
jeff_vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 12:12
sheila blige
Forum Member

In another thread I went through 100 messages of which only 3 or 4 claimed to have direct knowledge of her. Bizarrely some people based their intimate knowledge of a celeb on a forum said to be air crew BUT it seems anyone can join that forum. If someone puts a message on that forum those it automatically make them a pilot or air crew?

Unfortunately on some forums there are people want to spew hatred and close down debate rather than discuss and express opinions.
Come on! No-one would deliberately join a forum to spew awful things about NICE people.
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 13:02
i4u
Forum Member

Come on! No-one would deliberately join a forum to spew awful things about NICE people.
There are strange people out there and its been shown on Facebook & Twitter some people will roll in behind an accusation just for the fun.

Not the best example, but topical....

Terrified Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has called in police after receiving a string of chilling death threats.

The harassment has seen him bombarded with hate messages via his Facebook and Twitter account.

In February he also received a series of sickening messages on Twitter.

Among the message sent to him, social networkers said they hoped he was “axed in the skull” and “killed”.

And one vile user wrote: “Needs his head cutting off.”
Old 20-10-2013, 13:04
i4u
Forum Member

Met her. And no. Same goes for contemporaries like Brucie, etc. None of them are that nice.
Wots Bruce Springsteen supposed to have done?
Old 20-10-2013, 13:16
zx50
Forum Member

There are strange people out there and its been shown on Facebook & Twitter some people will roll in behind an accusation just for the fun.

Not the best example, but topical....
Any accusation about child abuse can unleash angry emotions from the pitchfork mob. That's the unfortunate thing with the internet, that people can hatefully slate others and stay anonymous.....except in extreme cases, whereby the authorities can locate them.
Old 20-10-2013, 13:18
zx50
Forum Member

Wots Bruce Springsteen supposed to have done?
I'm guessing they were talking about Bruce Forsyth.