DS Forums

Hillsborough Charity Single - Official Music Video

Old 04-12-2012, 20:11
Barry_Clarke
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Williams.html

Beautiful song, could be a real contender for xmas number 1
Barry_Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-12-2012, 20:14
Unigal07
Inactive Member

Yep just seen this online

It's beautiful, and a lovely ending to the video. I hope it does well, I'll be buying it when it's out without a doubt.
Unigal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:16
HandsClean
Forum Member

FFS the first chance in like 10 years to have a proper festive #1 and a charity song is released the same week. I'd pay money for people not to make charity singles but I'd never buy some crap song just because it's for charity.
HandsClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:20
Unigal07
Inactive Member

FFS the first chance in like 10 years to have a proper festive #1 and a charity song is released the same week. I'd pay money for people not to make charity singles but I'd never buy some crap song just because it's for charity.
You're pathetic. What does the Christmas Number 1 mean to anybody? Nothing. It's just one day/week in the charts and it has no effect on any of the general public.

But for these families, who have been lied to for 23 years after losing their loved ones, who had their good names smeared in the press, whose loved ones could have been saved would benefit hugely from this single selling a lot.

Perhaps think of the cause behind it before you slate a charity single? This single means a great deal to a lot of people.
Old 04-12-2012, 20:26
HandsClean
Forum Member

You're pathetic. What does the Christmas Number 1 mean to anybody? Nothing. It's just one day/week in the charts and it has no effect on any of the general public.

But for these families, who have been lied to for 23 years after losing their loved ones, who had their good names smeared in the press, whose loved ones could have been saved would benefit hugely from this single selling a lot.

Perhaps think of the cause behind it before you slate a charity single? This single means a great deal to a lot of people.
I have nothing against charities, i donate myself to a few but it's a stupid song people will claim is dreadful for eternity. Why buy it :/ Why not just donate money instead of buying drivel.
HandsClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:30
Unigal07
Inactive Member

I have nothing against charities, i donate myself to a few but it's a stupid song people will claim is dreadful for eternity. Why buy it :/ Why not just donate money instead of buying drivel.
What's dreadful about He Ain't Heavy? I certainly don't think it's drivel. Many people will donate, but singles like this help issues reach other people. Don't listen to it if it gets to you so much.
Old 04-12-2012, 22:31
Clarkie66
Forum Member

I really wasn't expecting to like it but it was really good. I wish they'd have a subtitled version of videos like this so I'd know who all the singers are. The beardy man in the red and white jumper was great and I don't know who he is and I always realise how much I like Robbie's voice in things like this (though this may not be a common view)

I think the video has been sensitively done and it was a lovely touch to have the boys in Liverpool and Everton strips at the end but nothing else too upsetting or intrusive.
Clarkie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02
Caltonfan
Forum Member

Good video and a great cause no matter which football team you support

Much rather this be Christmas number 1 than some xfactor nonsense
Caltonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21
Domestiques
Inactive Member

Musically there is nothing worse than an ensemble charity single, this isnt an exception, turgid awful shite.
Domestiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:23
Abriel
Forum Member

I really wasn't expecting to like it but it was really good. I wish they'd have a subtitled version of videos like this so I'd know who all the singers are. The beardy man in the red and white jumper was great and I don't know who he is and I always realise how much I like Robbie's voice in things like this (though this may not be a common view)

I think the video has been sensitively done and it was a lovely touch to have the boys in Liverpool and Everton strips at the end but nothing else too upsetting or intrusive.
this tells you who's sings what
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-watch-1472224
Abriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:25
Nicola37
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Williams.html

Beautiful song, could be a real contender for xmas number 1
Its far more than a 'contender' for Christmas Number One, its virtually a nailed on certainty, like Military Wives last year, nothing else will come close, and is the outright bookies fave.

Pre Orders passed 100k sometime last week. I find it amusing when people say if as expected Chris Maloney wins XF atleast he can count on the 'people of Liverpool' to buy his single. Not with this out he can't!

Love the single, some big names on it, many of the past which will draw older people to it than you've got Robbie, Paloma Faith and weirdly - Andy from Lawson who starts the song.

It's more than just 'any old charity song' its something that people care deeply about and is rightly expected to shift huge numbers.
Nicola37 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 18:45
BadKid95
Forum Member

I really enjoyed that and for a great cause
BadKid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:13
Corky Duke
Forum Member

Musically there is nothing worse than an ensemble charity single, this isnt an exception, turgid awful shite.
As oppose to what, would be interesting to hear what musical tastes you have.
Corky Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04
Mallaha
Forum Member

For what it is, I think it's actually quite listenable.
Mallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 11:42
fruitloop27
Forum Member

Thanks, that helped. I thought the girl with her mouth very close to the mic was Katy B at first. Very surprised to see it was Eliza Doolittle.

What a lovely cover version- made me teary-eyed.
fruitloop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 12:42
MJS
Forum Member

See it's out to-day. I actually liked it so when I go shopping I'll buy it. Hope it gets the #1 spot next week.
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 13:08
Dandem
Forum Member

Personally think Rebecca Ferguson stole the show with this record. Very impressed when she came in for her bit.
Dandem is offline   Reply With Quote