DS Forums

Strictly Confidential tour

Old 07-12-2012, 22:01
StrictlySC4
Forum Member

This is Craig's tour not the official SCD one. That is advertised here:
http://www.strictlycomedancinglive.com/home/
Lots more pros and looks much better.
I completely agree that the judging has been very biased towards Lisa. What on earth were they thinking last week to mark her so high after all the errors she made? Anyone else would have been criticised and marked no more than 4 by Craig and maybe 5 by the others.
StrictlySC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-12-2012, 22:14
Bonnie96
Forum Member

Stranger and stranger - Artem partnering Lisa?

Whatever next? Natalie Lowe in a film as Grace Kelly? [OK I'll go along with that one]
lol - aye me too!!
Bonnie96 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:19
pabird
Forum Member

Craig should immediately be removed from the judging panel at least until Lisa leaves the show .

corruption is the only description of lasts weeks marking and then the announcement that they are to tour together in his show
pabird is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:25
TerryM22
Forum Member

Craig should immediately be removed from the judging panel at least until Lisa leaves the show .

corruption is the only description of lasts weeks marking and then the announcement that they are to tour together in his show
This all seems a bit extreme to me.
TerryM22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:25
Monkseal
Forum Member

Whether Lisa goes now, or in two weeks, and whether Craig scores her high or low has no real commercial effect on this tour whatsoever. It's in summer of next year for Christ's sake. By that point, all but the hardcore will have forgotten whether he gave her a 6 or a 7 or an 8 for her pigging quickstep. In fact most viewers don't even know now. Sane ones anyway.
Monkseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:29
TerryM22
Forum Member

Whether Lisa goes now, or in two weeks, and whether Craig scores her high or low has no real commercial effect on this tour whatsoever. It's in summer of next year for Christ's sake. By that point, all but the hardcore will have forgotten whether he gave her a 6 or a 7 or an 8 for her pigging quickstep. In fact most viewers don't even know now. Sane ones anyway.
What you say does make sense to me.
Old 07-12-2012, 22:31
Tipi
Forum Member

Exactly!!!
Tipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:36
SaraV1308
Forum Member

Monkseal - why are you always so rational!?
Is it one of your special talents?!
SaraV1308 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 22:44
henrywilliams58
Forum Member

How much does four or five extra weeks television exposure enhance a brand six months down the line? Would Lisa have the same commercial brand if she had left a month ago? Saying she got to the (semi) final rather than round five will make a difference to sales.

Anyway FWIW I have extended my analysis to all the dancers comparing Craig's score for all the dancers with the average of the other three.

Only for Lisa has Craig scored higher than the other judges averaged. Coincidence? Maybe. But especially compare his relative scores for her versus his scores for the other crap to middling dancers. He has over-marked Lisa by about 1.5 per show.

Code:
	Craig	Other Average	Craig below Others
Denise & James	8.1	8.2	0.1
Kim & Pasha	7.8	7.9	0.1
Louis & Flavia	6.9	8.0	1.1
Dani & Vincent	7.4	7.8	0.4
Lisa & Robin	7.3	7.1	-0.2
Nicky & Karen	5.7	7.0	1.3
Michael & Nat	5.6	6.6	1.0
Colin & Krist	5.6	6.4	0.8
Vic & Brendan	5.3	6.3	1.0
Fern & Artem	5.2	5.9	0.7
Richard & Erin	4.9	5.9	1.0
Sid & Ola	4.5	5.4	0.9
John & Aliona	4	4.8	0.8
Jerry & Anton	3	5.0	2.0
henrywilliams58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 23:00
Monkseal
Forum Member

How much does four or five extra weeks television exposure enhance a brand six months down the line? Would Lisa have the same commercial brand if she had left a month ago? Saying she got to the (semi) final rather than round five will make a difference to sales.
Lisa was a viable commercial commodity from the second she came out and blew away a very lacklustre week 1, where nobody else really stood out, with her cha cha, which 90% of people loved at the time, and which is probably still overall the biggest talking point of the series, especially with casual fans, so far. And that was nothing to do with Craig. From that point on she was more or less guaranteed Top 5/6 at least, even if they gave her Widdy scores and called her a fatty rum-pum-pum who dances with her face more than any other part of her body. In fact probably especially so. She'd still be here regardless of whether Craig had given her 2s or 9s.

Although speaking of "Widdy scores", isn't she his other cash cow currently? And didn't they mark her bottom of the leaderboard nigh on every week? And what effect did that have on her "commercial appeal"?
Monkseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 23:48
CravenHaven
Forum Member

No wonder Lisa received the judge comments with wide eyed amazement. It was indeed unbelievable.
The rest of Strictly is a fairyland anyway.
CravenHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 23:52
TerryM22
Forum Member

No wonder Lisa received the judge comments with wide eyed amazement. It was indeed unbelievable.
I think that all of Lisa's comments and marks have been deserved.
Old 07-12-2012, 23:54
Pashulty
Forum Member

Pashulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 00:49
Wobbly Cobblers
Forum Member

The tickets are available now though so the revenue stream begins now so it has a significant commercial effect.
Wobbly Cobblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:04
tangoqueen
Forum Member

I LOVE the word 'pigging'

In a good way
tangoqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:42
shrew
Forum Member

Lisa was a viable commercial commodity from the second she came out and blew away a very lacklustre week 1, where nobody else really stood out, with her cha cha, which 90% of people loved at the time, and which is probably still overall the biggest talking point of the series, especially with casual fans, so far. And that was nothing to do with Craig. From that point on she was more or less guaranteed Top 5/6 at least, even if they gave her Widdy scores and called her a fatty rum-pum-pum who dances with her face more than any other part of her body. In fact probably especially so. She'd still be here regardless of whether Craig had given her 2s or 9s.

Although speaking of "Widdy scores", isn't she his other cash cow currently? And didn't they mark her bottom of the leaderboard nigh on every week? And what effect did that have on her "commercial appeal"?
Just stop speaking sense! Don't you know where you are!!!!???!!!!

<shakes Monkseal by the shoulders>

C'mon guys - it's not like it's the Olympics, World Cup* or Eurovision now is it!

*choose a sport... any sport.
shrew is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:46
j4Rose
Forum Member

I LOVE the word 'pigging'

In a good way
and "cash cow".

Don't forget, Lisa has a "hhhhhuuuuugggggeeeee personality" and she's "larger than life".
j4Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:26
katie_p
Forum Member

Perhaps people are jumping too quickly on the 'Craig has Lisa on his tour and therefore he is marking her highly' bandwagon.

Isn't it equally plausible that Craig rates Lisa (and marks her accordingly) and therefore wants her on his tour?
katie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30
j4Rose
Forum Member

Perhaps people are jumping too quickly on the 'Craig has Lisa on his tour and therefore he is marking her highly' bandwagon.

Isn't it equally plausible that Craig rates Lisa (and marks her accordingly) and therefore wants her on his tour?
If he rates her as a dancer, then he really does need to retire.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35
TerryM22
Forum Member

I think you are right katie, I think that Craig does mark Lisa fairly.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50
henrywilliams58
Forum Member

Errr.. No. Not for dancing anyway.
henrywilliams58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17
fridgesoup
Forum Member

Yep, I think - inexplicably - he really rates what she beings to the show. Not technique, obviously, but all the other stuff they've all trotted out ad nauseum. Craig has funny taste - he loves doing panto with Widdy, after all.

Trying to work out what Lisa could bring to his new production, other than bums on seats (though I'm in the group put off by her inclusion), I can only imagine it's as 'inspiration'. Look! Dancing is for everyone! Yada, yada.
fridgesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22
j4Rose
Forum Member

Yep, I think - inexplicably - he really rates what she beings to the show. Not technique, obviously, but all the other stuff they've all trotted out ad nauseum. Craig has funny taste - he loves doing panto with Widdy, after all.

Trying to work out what Lisa could bring to his new production, other than bums on seats (though I'm in the group put off by her inclusion), I can only imagine it's as 'inspiration'. Look! Dancing is for everyone! Yada, yada.
Can Craig actually dance himself? I remember Katya making a negative remark about a Cha Cha he did? He also did a Charleston at some point and I wasn't impressed.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23
TerryM22
Forum Member

Monkseal - why are you always so rational!?
Is it one of your special talents?!
It is a good talent to posses.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31
LisaC
Forum Member

Errr.. No. Not for dancing anyway.
If you watch his face while she's dancing, in the glimpses we've had, he has a Face like thunder. He knows how bad she is, he's just found a way to make her useful.
LisaC is offline   Reply With Quote