Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Can any current Football Sims be played with Joystick?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53
jazzydrury3
Forum Member

My dad wants to buy me a Football simulation game for Christmas.

I have Cerebral Palsy, and for rhat reason I can only control a joystick, I cant use joypads or anything, as ive only got one working hand and cant hold the joypad even, so it has to be a PC game, and not any other consule.

Dad bought me FIFA 12 and PES 12 last year, I found fifa was impossible, the dvd rom only saw the light of day about 2 times, as I got frustrated, I now PES I could control if he wane

Are this years titles suitable, for a joystick, or if not this years or last years, is there a further back version I could get of any football simulation game, I can play using a joystick.

I enjoy my FM13, would FIFA manager be a good title for him to get me, if he insited on getting me a football game, or would it not get played so often as I have FM13, is there any upsides on Fifa Manager that FM13 doesn't have, or would FIFA manager just end up sitting in its case
jazzydrury3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-12-2012, 19:51
jamie-m
Forum Member

Not sure on any games but One Switch (click here) sell adapted controllers - including some adapted for one handed use and others that are used by your head, mouth or eyes if that is any help
jamie-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 21:23
Davonator
Forum Member

Op you may want to give a charity called Specialeffect a call, they adapt games and controllers to suit the needs of disabled gamers. Perhaps they could help you play your management sims in a way that is convenient for you

http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/
Davonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47
jazzydrury3
Forum Member

Hey thanks for replying ill look into that, I realise im in the minority, but I think its a shame, that when Microsoft and Sony, make the Xbox's and PlayStations, all ability's aren't looked into, why should disabled people, have to make a further expense so they can play games.

I realise that the joypads give users more fun, but games makers please allow the ability to use a joystick, so its fair.
jazzydrury3 is offline   Reply With Quote