Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Alex Cross (2012)

Old 10-12-2012, 21:28
Syntax Error
Forum Member

I've done a search & there appears to be no thread for the latest Alex Cross film.

Has anybody on here seen it?

I saw a few trailers for it & it looked OK, but it's not been well received by the critics, but I am planning to see it so that I can decide whether I like it or not.

Here's hoping that it's worth the money!!!
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-12-2012, 21:36
TheReviewAddict
Forum Member

It just seems wrong to me that Morgan Freeman isn't playing Cross. I haven't seen it but would love to know if others think it's any good
TheReviewAddict is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 21:46
Scooterwolf
Forum Member

I saw it yesterday, didn't expect much as it's been slated by most reviews and has a very low rating on IMDB.

To be honest, it wasn't that bad but it wasn't very good either. It's a 5/10 thriller thats been all seen before, if I was going to compare it with another film i'd probably say it was similar in standard to '16 rounds' plenty of potential but there was no character development.
Scooterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:10
koantemplation
Forum Member

As Scooterwolf said, it isn't bad, but it is nothing special either.

Matthew Fox is good as the villian, but it all feels a little too sterile.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 23:30
007Fusion
Forum Member

It was okay in terms of having all the required parts for a film of its nature; action & suspense. But it really did have a great oppurtunity to explore the characters, especially Micheal Fox's, who was very flawed but not much was given as to how and why he was so driven. I also thought Tyler Perry wasn't conving enough for the part of a dective, that does what's neccessary to get the job done.
007Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 00:58
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Saw it yesterday as well. It was just "ok", but I personally thought Matthew Fox made a terrific villain. He was just the right amount of crazy for me.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10
FortyTwo25
Forum Member

With Guilty Wives behind me and having read all of the Murder club and Zoo on order I am yet to pick up any Alex Cross. The film hasn't had good reviews I may just see it anyway.
FortyTwo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52
Syntax Error
Forum Member

I think I concur with most of the reviews here.

It's a fairly entertaining if unremarkable film.

I thought Matthew Fox was great & carried the film well & it was great to see Jean Reno as always.

It seemed to me that the film was made with one eye on a sequel, which I would welcome, because more meat on the bone is needed.

6/10 from me; decent film, but it's probably better waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray to come out IMO.
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10
The Ambassador
Forum Member

Went to see this last week with a group of friends on the recomendation of one of them who said the film looked fantastic from what she'd seen in the trailer.

I didn't think I'd see another film as bad as Taken 2 this year, I was correct. Alex Cross is even worse. Completely predictable from one scene to the next with absolutely no surprises whatsoever.

Abysmal.
The Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote