Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

Old 13-12-2012, 17:15
4troy7
Forum Member

New single from The Saturday's which will also be there first single in the US http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQqI-GkQxrE
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-12-2012, 17:35
tangsman
Forum Member

Fookin' awful.
tangsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:42
Tyyleer
Forum Member

This song is awful!! WHY do they insist on releasing awful, bland songs recently!? And Sean Paul on this song is just so pointless and makes it even worse.

They need to go back to their pop songs, Ego, Up, Higher or even their dancey stuff like All Fired Up.
Tyyleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:43
kryskrys
Forum Member

The chorus is very catchy, but it's definitely not one of my favourite Saturdays songs. It sounds a bit like a demo and it doesn't really go anywhere.

And I hope there's a Sean Paul-free version, I can't stand his voice.
kryskrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:46
Forum Member

The chorus is very catchy,.
IMO thats the best part of the song. The rest of it is quite bland. I wish they would go back to doing songs like Higher again. As their last few singles bar the ballad last year have all been dance pop. I have liked them but they should go back to the Higher sound.
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:48
Shadow2009
Forum Member

It's grew on me loads but Sean Paul is so unneccessary.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:50
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

The U.S won't like this. It's got a European dance sound to it.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:52
troy4783
Forum Member

Tbh if this era does not go well for them I can seem them splitting up/ being dropped I think Little Mix have kind of taken there spot now.
troy4783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 18:20
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

The U.S won't like this. It's got a European dance sound to it.
Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris are currently climbing the US charts.

The Way I Are, Maneater, Starships, Poker Face, We Found Love, On the Floor, I Gotta Feeling, My Love, Party Rock Anthem, Give Me Everything, Disturbia, Hot N Cold, Till the World Ends, Forever, Love in This Club, and countless other songs that have been massive hits there recently have a European dance sound to them. I'm pretty sure that's why The Saturdays have released a song like this for there. In 2003 it would've been a bad idea, but not now.
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 18:46
Pierson
Forum Member

IMO thats the best part of the song. The rest of it is quite bland. I wish they would go back to doing songs like Higher again. As their last few singles bar the ballad last year have all been dance pop. I have liked them but they should go back to the Higher sound.
Songs like Higher only come every so often. If they had another song like Higher, you can bet that they'd release it.

Tbh if this era does not go well for them I can seem them splitting up/ being dropped I think Little Mix have kind of taken there spot now.
Never going to happen. The Saturdays brand is worth millions to the label, it's not just about music sales.
Pierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 19:19
Mr_Eye
Forum Member

Why are they even still trying. They have had 0 big hit singles and 0 hit albums.
Mr_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 19:25
Zack06
Forum Member

Cheap sounding and boring. They have no real star quality and I think they will just flop in the US like JLS with such a bad song. They should stop and actually try and get hold of some quality material for once instead of rushing everything in an attempt for success.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 19:49
chuck_wippl
Forum Member

Give it up already, jeez!

Said it once and I'll say it again, if Rochelle and Frankie weren't in the group, they'd have been dropped aaaaaaages ago.

Someone high up at their label or whatever was, and still is, under the illusion that these Sclub8 rejects have a huge pulling power

If it hasn't happened in almost 6 years, then just accept that it's just NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Move on. Spend your money more wisely elsewhere on a new venture/girl group.
chuck_wippl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:10
Dion_Oldridge
Forum Member

I really liked the 2nd Adventure remix that leaked a few months ago and I wish this was more like that! I don't think that this is a bad song but they should have upped the tempo as it currently feels a bit slow and boring.
Dion_Oldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:15
3 $pirit
Forum Member

They need to take a break and try and write/get some better material as its getting worse. This sounds really uninspired and quite dull.
3 $pirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:32
Makson
Forum Member

Such a wishy washy song. Pull the fingers out of yer asses, ladies!
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:34
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Oh why don't they just go now? There's barely a place for them in the charts anymore (if ever there was). They've been successful on a mediocre level and that is all. They've never had a stompin' great amazing hit that defined their career.
tracystapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:41
Shadow2009
Forum Member

So much Saturdays hate.
Old 13-12-2012, 22:03
Chem
Forum Member

So much Saturdays hate.
There is. I kinda like it good luck to them
Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:05
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

It's alright, but I wish they would go back to their Chasing Lights sound. This new song sounds rather generic.
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:32
Stally
Forum Member

I guess the songs okay, but it shouldn't be released in the US imo as it doesn't sound like a killer hit song.
Stally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:01
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Give it up already, jeez!

Said it once and I'll say it again, if Rochelle and Frankie weren't in the group, they'd have been dropped aaaaaaages ago.

Someone high up at their label or whatever was, and still is, under the illusion that these Sclub8 rejects have a huge pulling power

If it hasn't happened in almost 6 years, then just accept that it's just NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Move on. Spend your money more wisely elsewhere on a new venture/girl group.
To be brutally fair they've had eleven top ten singles and their first two tours sold out (even if they were theatres) and their arena tour was a success (profit wise). Their first album was platinum and they had a summer EP sell 200K in 2010 which is pretty good going. Their last album bombed but other artists like Alexandra Burke, Tulisa, Cover Drive, Dappy, Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, Ke$ha etc sold less with their albums (and half of them don't have the numerous top ten singles to fall back on).
Old 13-12-2012, 23:12
kryskrys
Forum Member

I guess the songs okay, but it shouldn't be released in the US imo as it doesn't sound like a killer hit song.
Yeah it's a pretty weak song to debut with in the US. They need to do what Cher Lloyd did with Want U Back and start out with their strongest song. I think Ego would be a good choice.
kryskrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:25
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

When they first started out they had so much potential. With "If This Is Love" and "Issues" things were going really well and they were starting to become popular and I'd even go as far as to say they were getting a bit of respect...they were different and didn't seem like every other girlband. Then though, they released that god awful comic relief single and it all went down hill from there with them releasing pop/dance tracks. They've had so many chances to sort themselves out, but it's just the same old crap.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:31
Chem
Forum Member

When they first started out they had so much potential. With "If This Is Love" and "Issues" things were going really well and they were starting to become popular and I'd even go as far as to say they were getting a bit of respect...they were different and didn't seem like every other girlband. Then though, they released that god awful comic relief single and it all went down hill from there with them releasing pop/dance tracks. They've had so many chances to sort themselves out, but it's just the same old crap.
Loves those songs by them then you had Up, Work, Ego, etc.. I brought their first album and its still so good. I still like them but I really not that much into the dance pop that they tend to do, Its not their thought, I just think that everyone was doing it and it all got a bit boring.
Chem is offline   Reply With Quote