Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Little Mix--Best female vocal group?

Old 13-12-2012, 20:12
ashtray88
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultcA5Cr1aI

After En Vogue... I think possibly. I haven't heard female harmonies that good for a while.
ashtray88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-12-2012, 20:22
AdzPower
Forum Member

No way, both the Sugababes and The Saturdays' harmonies are superior. Checking out their live lounges will show that.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:25
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3BikGUCQEA
royllsroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:32
Forum Member

Yep.

BY FAR the best girlgroup the UK has had in years!

No way, both the Sugababes and The Saturdays' harmonies are superior. Checking out their live lounges will show that.
I like The Saturdays but really?!
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:32
shaunnashines
Forum Member

Controversial statement lol

They improved so much since XF...considering their voices are very different. I remember during XF everyone said Perrie was the strongest and the others were average
...but right now Jade is the strongest imo.

Lauryn Hill/Lumidee mash up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIIWtrl-WA
DNA (Live Lounge) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4KVIyanqJU
shaunnashines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:46
ashtray88
Forum Member

Well those groups are by no means bad, but Little Mix are just so good getting their voices in sync with each other.

I remember during XF everyone said Perrie was the strongest and the others were average
...but right now Jade is the strongest imo.
I personally think Perrie is still the strongest singer but Jade is very very good, and in the video I posted she conveys so much emotion with her voice.
ashtray88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:47
troy4783
Forum Member

The Saturdays harmonies are so weak Little Mix harmonies are much stronger imo.
troy4783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:55
4troy7
Forum Member

This is a big statement but in terms of UK girl groups out atm I would say either Little Mix or Stooshe are the best vocally I think Stooshe are better indiviual singers but Little Mix's have tighter harmonies.
4troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:45
Chem
Forum Member

I don't think they are the best but their harmonies are really good. So is Stooshe's
Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:09
Mattehhhftw
Forum Member

They are great! I love them and so happy they're doing well Hope it keeps up and that they cement themselves in music history!
Mattehhhftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:11
Transponster
Forum Member

Stooshe are all far stronger vocalists individually
Transponster is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:32
CM PRANK
Inactive Member

there rubbish even bananarama where far beter singers
CM PRANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:12
Clancey83
Forum Member

I would agree that they are the best female vocal group around at the moment and the best group to come out of the X Factor. They harmonise their voices really well and yet individually they can all sing. That's rare in any pop band these days.
Clancey83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:39
AdzPower
Forum Member

Yep.

BY FAR the best girlgroup the UK has had in years!

I like The Saturdays but really?!
Yeah, I truley believe that, their performance of Winter Wonderland from the live lounge was fantastic, beautiful harmonies.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:47
Forum Member

Yeah, I truley believe that, their performance of Winter Wonderland from the live lounge was fantastic, beautiful harmonies.
Thats only one performance though IMO all of the Sats Live Lounges have been good. I loved when they did the IDAD/Buzzin mash last year!

I could name lots of great Little Mix peformances not just one tho
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:59
wise-up
Forum Member

This is a big statement but in terms of UK girl groups out atm I would say either Little Mix or Stooshe are the best vocally I think Stooshe are better indiviual singers but Little Mix's have tighter harmonies.
Agree with this although little mixs voices are getting stronget, If you compare their performance of Big girls dont cry at judges houses to that sbtv performance, there is a huge difference.
wise-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 00:19
marcusgv
Forum Member

I think harmony wise Little Mix could compete with any of the groups mentioned, certainly superior to The Saturdays and Girls Aloud.

I would like to see them put a simple acoustic or accapella song on the next album.
marcusgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 00:30
ItsRyanYall
Forum Member

I agree with this statement completely. They outsang GA at Children in Need. It was actually embarrassing.
ItsRyanYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 00:44
CM PRANK
Inactive Member

I agree with this statement completely. They outsang GA at Children in Need. It was actually embarrassing.
nicola alone destroyed evrey member of lm
Old 14-12-2012, 00:47
nooneoo
Forum Member

I certainly won't say they are the best female vocal group after En Vogue (even though I'm a fan), but they are definitely one of the best we've had in the UK. Personally I think LM and Stooshe are the strongest female vocal groups that's around atm, both groups have tight harmonies and individually are all good singers.

As for who's the best vocalist in the group, I think Perrie is still the strongest, but she's been so hit and miss lately (but that might have something to do with her tonsils). In terms of versatility I think Jade is the most versatile, and has the most pleasant recording voice. Maybe she can do a Zayn and become the best vocalist in the group in the near future, who knows.
nooneoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 00:47
blueface2222
Forum Member

Girls Aloud are very good actually bar Cheryl...vocally. Nadine, Sarah and Nicola are very good singers and Kim is much better than she started. Cheryl's not as good as she should be but it doesn't really matter as her success has shown.

I admit Little Mix where VERY good on CIN with Change Your Life - a great song. But....

Their album quite literally stinks sorry. I tried listening to it and bar from the first 3 songs i was very impressed, and with Girls Aloud that never happened. They make the best Girl band albums period. Even the Saturdays make better albums than LM. Maybe its vocally good...but most of it was poor.
blueface2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 00:52
nooneoo
Forum Member

Girls Aloud are very good actually bar Cheryl...vocally. Nadine, Sarah and Nicola are very good singers and Kim is much better than she started. Cheryl's not as good as she should be but it doesn't really matter as her success has shown.

I admit Little Mix where VERY good on CIN with Change Your Life - a great song. But....

Their album quite literally stinks sorry. I tried listening to it and bar from the first 3 songs i was very impressed, and with Girls Aloud that never happened. They make the best Girl band albums period. Even the Saturdays make better albums than LM. Maybe its vocally good...but most of it was poor.
I think that's down to personal taste tbh. Personally I've never liked any the Sats songs and the only GA songs I've liked are The Promise and Something New. I prefer the old school sound that LM and Stooshe are aiming for, so to me they produce (much) better albums than GA and the Sats.
nooneoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 01:09
CM PRANK
Inactive Member

i agree about chery not a great singer. nicola for me is the best her solo on beautiful cause you love me is super the ga hit factory is stronger than anything lm can do i gaurantee little mix wont get near making 23 singles
Old 14-12-2012, 08:44
shaunnashines
Forum Member

That's definitely one of their best vocals to date! They material to show harmonies off imo.

I agree about Stooshe they can really sing too.
shaunnashines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 11:23
troy4783
Forum Member

The thing with Cheryl though although she does not have the best voice she is a great dancer/performer and she has that star quality that the other girls in Girls aloud don't have I think she shines more when she is solo.
troy4783 is offline   Reply With Quote