Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebrities for 2013?

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 00:57
StigOfTheKrump
Forum Member

Please don't start off again... its still a couple of months to the actual show... everyone will have loads to argue about then...
Two months to the day, in fact, if it follows the same dates as last year.

And we're only five weeks odd away from the launch show!
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-08-2013, 00:58
kp2ni
Forum Member

Dave and Simon did a comedy sketch with Robin and Kristina on their tour where they were dancing the tango. He look about the right height for Kristina if I am remember right. Wouldn't be surprised by the rumour as he seemed to love dancing in the sketch.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00
Pashulty
Forum Member

Two months to the day, in fact, if it follows the same dates as last year.

And we're only five weeks odd away from the launch show!

Excited.com..
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10
StigOfTheKrump
Forum Member

That's reminded me - have we heard anything more about the supposed 'action girls' Anneka and Jet? I couldn't image those two, Teri and Fiona in the same line-up, so one or two will have to go. That's a shame because I thought Anneka would be an interesting watch.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12
*Topaz*
Forum Member

Dave and Simon did a comedy sketch with Robin and Kristina on their tour where they were dancing the tango. He look about the right height for Kristina if I am remember right. Wouldn't be surprised by the rumour as he seemed to love dancing in the sketch.
Kristina also appeared when they had a day time show on the BBC a while back - it was quite a long time ago but I think I remember she cooked a Russian dish on the show.

Edit I've just found it she cooked Borscht on the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bt6zb

The height difference doesn't look too bad actually.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

That's reminded me - have we heard anything more about the supposed 'action girls' Anneka and Jet? I couldn't image those two, Teri and Fiona in the same line-up, so one or two will have to go. That's a shame because I thought Anneka would be an interesting watch.
Anneka, Jet and Dick & Dom all seemed to have been dropped in the rumour stakes!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

One last name I want to throw in the ring before bed- Michelle Mone.

She told the Sun she wants to do it (three days ago) and a businessperson/ entrepreneur would be new ground for the show.

Hope to wake up tomorrow to one or two new rumours
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37
Pashulty
Forum Member

Kristina also appeared when they had a day time show on the BBC a while back - it was quite a long time ago but I think I remember she cooked a Russian dish on the show.

Edit I've just found it she cooked Borscht on the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bt6zb

The height difference doesn't look too bad actually.
Thanks for the clip Topaz!!!... Height wise they look very compatible and I am sure that together they would have loads of fun!! I now want to see them together....
Off topic... will really need to make an effort to try and learn to make this dish...
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40
*Topaz*
Forum Member

Thanks for the clip Topaz!!!... Height wise they look very compatible and I am sure that together they would have loads of fun!! I now want to see them together....
Off topic... will really need to make an effort to try and learn to make this dish...
Lol Pashulty you'd do anything to woo Pasha
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47
jake lyle
Forum Member

Tony Jacklin (who?!) sign up.

Just Googled Tony- it's my sporting ignorance, not his name recognition, that made me never hear of him. He's nearly 70 and a CBE.
He was v famous 30 years ago
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48
Pashulty
Forum Member

Lol Pashulty you'd do anything to woo Pasha
If I thought it would work at all, I bl***y well would!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01
pothuthic
Forum Member

I would call Tony a golf player rather than a golfer as such, as he's never qualified in golf
pothuthic is online now Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44
mgiuda
Forum Member

Who will be the Chelsee Healey and Dani Harmer of this season? ... The short cute young girl that is revealed last minute and CAN dance
mgiuda is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05
cwickham
Forum Member

I would have thought that she'll likely be due to film for Doctor Who in and around the September-December period, and has other roles in the pipeline is enough to deny her appearance.
Doctor Who isn't scheduled to start filming its next series until January 2014, although they will be filming the Christmas special around September/October time (and I think that'd be far more of an impediment than filming for something like Waterloo Road). She's currently filming the BBC's adaptation of Death Comes to Pemberley, which I assume will be out of the way before DW. It'd be possible - just up to whether or not she'd want to do it given the career trajectory of most other former Who stars.

But I do think they'd want to go for somebody from DW in the 50th Anniversary year (particularly with the anniversary show itself on a Saturday), and they'll probably be pushing for a female winner this series too...
Old 04-08-2013, 05:50
*Topaz*
Forum Member

I would call Tony a golf player rather than a golfer as such, as he's never qualified in golf
Actually why don't you call him a footballer, hockey player or a tennis player as well? They all play with a ball right, so there's hardly any difference is there?

I guess these passive aggressive in 'jokes' being made on the thread at my expense by you, Stig and dondfan is because I tried to explain there's a big difference between a food presenter/cook and a chef earlier on in the thread.

Hey ho I suppose that's the way of forums - carry on with it if you so wish - you're only showing yourselves up as petty and unfunny.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52
mgiuda
Forum Member

Doctor Who isn't scheduled to start filming its next series until January 2014, although they will be filming the Christmas special around September/October time (and I think that'd be far more of an impediment than filming for something like Waterloo Road). She's currently filming the BBC's adaptation of Death Comes to Pemberley, which I assume will be out of the way before DW. It'd be possible - just up to whether or not she'd want to do it given the career trajectory of most other former Who stars.

But I do think they'd want to go for somebody from DW in the 50th Anniversary year (particularly with the anniversary show itself on a Saturday), and they'll probably be pushing for a female winner this series too...
I hope so! I'd love to see Jenna!!!
mgiuda is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20
Steve9214
Forum Member

Hoping so but maybe not likely as the filming would take into account the regeneration so would have to be close security, but no reason the pro could not stay around the Dr Who set.

Kristina went to Vancouver while Colin Salmon was filming scenes for Arrow last year, and JLC is hardly likely to be voted out for one poor dance.

However I am thinking either an ex Doctor (Tennant, Davison, McCoy even ??) or a recent companion.
like Arthur Darvill (Rory)

Who will be the Chelsee Healey and Dani Harmer of this season? ... The short cute young girl that is revealed last minute and CAN dance
I am reckoning on either Helen Skelton or the new girl from Blue Peter
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14
KnowAll27
Forum Member

<snip>

*very tenuous guess, named plucked from thin air alert*

Georgia Moffett has appeard in Doctor Who (as a clone of the Doctor), is the daughter of a former Doctor, and is in a relationship with another one..................

Seriously though, I did just make that up. No rumours have informed my guess!

What with it being the 50th in November, and fiven that Doctor Who and SCD always do something for Children In Need, maybe this year they could combine the two? Last year the Newsreader contribution was merged with the Strictly contribution - anything is possible!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25
Steve9214
Forum Member

Emer Kenny - was Zsa Zsa in Eastenders and is in BBC3 comedy Pramface - and Badults (although she may be seeking to regain some credibility after that one !!)

Scarlett Alice Johnson - was Vicky in Eastenders - did Strictly Ice Dancing xmas show - now in Pramface - which is going to have a re-run on BBC1

Anjli Mohindra - was Rani in "Sarah Jane adventures" so another Dr Who connection
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25
dondfan998

Actually why don't you call him a footballer, hockey player or a tennis player as well? They all play with a ball right, so there's hardly any difference is there?

I guess these passive aggressive in 'jokes' being made on the thread at my expense by you, Stig and dondfan is because I tried to explain there's a big difference between a food presenter/cook and a chef earlier on in the thread.

Hey ho I suppose that's the way of forums - carry on with it if you so wish - you're only showing yourselves up as petty and unfunny.
Sorry but why am I being dragged into this again?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40
Steve9214
Forum Member

*Georgia Moffett has appeard in Doctor Who (as a clone of the Doctor), is the daughter of a former Doctor, and is in a relationship with another one..................
Georgia Moffett is currently pregnant / may have just delivered.
She and Tennant are married but extremely private anyway, so probably not one for Strictly this year, even if she was willing to do it.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

Georgia Moffatt was a standby for I'm A Celebrity in 2011 so not adverse to reality.

My tip for a CBBC/ teen friendly star is either Helen Skelton or Dionne Bromfield
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50
Sue_Howarth
Forum Member

Dave Myers is being reported as a replacement for the failed signing of Paul Hollywood.
I think he is a much better prospect. I imagine Paul would be smooth in ballroom and embarrsed dads dancing in latin. Whereas Dave comes over as much more likely to throw himself into without reserve
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53
Jorf68
Forum Member

Somehow I have a gut feeling that Martine McCucheon may show her face this year? This years Dvo equivalent.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55
latinloulou
Forum Member

Dave Myers is being reported as a replacement for the failed signing of Paul Hollywood.
I think he is a much better prospect. I imagine Paul would be smooth in ballroom and embarrsed dads dancing in latin. Whereas Dave comes over as much more likely to throw himself into without reserve
I agree with you, I hope this one is a definite signing.
latinloulou is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  

Closed Thread