Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sinister

Old 16-12-2012, 20:40
nittynattynoo
Forum Member

Sorry If there is another thread on this fillm.. couldn't find one

I'm not normally a wuss with horror films but got 30 minutes into this and just felt really uneasy and had to switch it off

have read the full synopsis on IMDB now so not sure whether its worth me watching it in full....

anyone else seen the film
nittynattynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-12-2012, 20:57
Hutchy_Muse
Forum Member

I've seen it. Read a review on it and someone put it perfectly; it's a psychological horror- not a jump one. Sure there's the odd jump scene but I get the feeling the writers wanted people to be scared AFTER they left the cinema. For example a small bit that I barely noticed when watching but freaked me out for days;

Spoiler

I hate horror movies, not because I'm scared of them but usually I find them predictable and craply made, however I did enjoy Sinister in the sense it made me uneasy- what you want from a flick!
Hutchy_Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 21:10
helen292
Forum Member

I think you should watch it!

I saw it at the cinema and wasn't too scared by it at the time, but then for days afterwards certain parts of it kept replaying in my mind. It had the same effect on my friend; we both think it's one of those films that kind of drags you in so you're watching it quite acceptingly at the time, and it's only afterwards that you think, "Jesus, that was actually horrendous!"
helen292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 21:16
nittynattynoo
Forum Member

perhaps I will give it another try during the day! don't think it helped last night that I was probably a bit tired so probably made me feel more edgy than I normally would be! I got as far as him just about to start watching the second film... I just shouted at my hubby no turn it off turn it off! wuss!
nittynattynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 14:25
Toy_Hero
Forum Member

I do think you should give it another chance. I really enjoyed this movie. Probably one of the best horrors of 2012 for me. I do think it gets a little more disturbing as the movie goes on but to be fair I liked that. It really added to the tension so I didn't get bored with any of it.

I'll put this bit in spoilers incase you don't wanna know. It doesn't really spoil the movie, it's just something I wish they had went along with

Spoiler
Toy_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:35
MacLovin
Forum Member

I thought it was total shite.
MacLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 02:29
biggebruv
Forum Member

I thought it was total shite.
Plus 1
Spoiler

I wanted to like it i really did but i just didt big letdown for me same as all the other crap we have been getting lately
biggebruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 16:43
Section9
Forum Member

I really liked it. I'm not one for horror films but Ethan Hawke was a big draw for me as I really like his work. I thought the structure of the film was very well thought out and it kept me guessing throughout. Well worth watching if you ask me
Section9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 19:32
Syntax Error
Forum Member

I enjoyed Sinister.

It surprised me as it wasn't predictable & I thought the ending was great.
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 17:46
Orangemaid
Forum Member

I enjoyed Sinister.

It surprised me as it wasn't predictable & I thought the ending was great.
me too

also i was scared too

Spoiler
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 18:08
Muttley76
Forum Member

I liked Sinister, it's a slightly different twist on the "found footage" genre and has some very decent performances from it's core cast. Does go a bit off the boil towards the end, but overall very creepy and effective.
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote