Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Django Unchained

Old 17-12-2012, 11:45
Jamesdawn
Inactive Member

Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.
Jamesdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-12-2012, 12:36
arlen2411
Forum Member

I've just saw a trailer in the cinema. Looks to be a quite good movie, if someone likes westerns in current edition (sex, explosions etc).
arlen2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 13:32
JCR
Forum Member

I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.
That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 14:18
Delboy219
Forum Member

Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.
A film about slavery, with Jamie Foxx playing Django, and you assume Leo is playing a hero? LOL.
Delboy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 05:04
Jamesdawn
Inactive Member

That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django.
Dont be shame, he is a good actor. I am sure in this movie we will see him in a new avatar.
Jamesdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 10:26
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

They cancelled the premiere last night because of the Conneticut shootings.
TOONARMY12 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 10:56
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23
Starry Eyed
Inactive Member

I can't wait to see it. Tarantino is my God, and I adore DiCaprio as well.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 19:18
EVILSPEAK
Forum Member

Can you say "For Your Consideration"?
EVILSPEAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 22:47
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Can you say "For Your Consideration"?
I certainly can
Old 06-01-2013, 00:25
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Well now. It appears i don't hate westerns any more
Old 06-01-2013, 00:29
The Terminator
Inactive Member

It gets my vote.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 00:47
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

It's not at the level of pulp fiction or (for me personally) jackie brown, but it's infinitely better than the steaming great pile of shite that was 'inglorious basterds'.

i loved the exchange ..

Spoiler

Laughed out loud at that one
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20
chloeb
Forum Member

Brilliant to see Don Johnson in a mainstream movie at last. Only a small role, but good to see.
chloeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 15:33
icicletusk
Forum Member

Christoph Waltz was amazing and kind of over shadowed what I thought would be Leo as the best performance in the movie. Fantastic film.
icicletusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 17:46
Scooterwolf
Forum Member

Superb film, 2hrs 45min flew by.

I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.
Scooterwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 18:41
CJClarke
Forum Member

I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.
It was (he's called John Jarratt). I believe QT has previously said that he's a fan of Jarratt's performance in Wolf Creek.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 12:38
rachelright
Forum Member

One thing about this film that is mentioned in this interview with Kerry Washington - Usually Tarantino has strong woman in his films but this time the main female character is more damsel in distress - Which is kind of refreshing really for a Tarantino Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJT3...ture=youtu.be#
rachelright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 12:48
treme
Inactive Member

Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.
What didn't you like about Basterds? I thought it was good. Ticked all the Tarantino boxes for me anyway.
treme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 06:49
Lady Spice
Forum Member

Saw this yesterday.

I also saw Ingolrious Basterds last week.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.
Lady Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 00:35
ninz39
Forum Member

Saw this yesterday.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.
Yes I have to agree, I enjoyed the film but I thought it was a cross between a spaghetti western and blazing saddles and given the bloody violence of a qt film...
ninz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 17:18
rachelright
Forum Member

It does have some sort of message to it though, well kind of about slavery, as Samuel L Jackson discusses in this interview and has in others as well....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlB2eyKDAM
rachelright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 17:26
JEFF62
Forum Member

Saw this yesterday.

You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.
JEFF62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 19:04
stripedcat
Forum Member

It has got mostly positive reviews(I am planning on seeing it next week). Mark Kermode gave it a sort of mixed review, he said it was too long and QT's cameo went down like a lead balloon.

Of QT's past output I liked : Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown(okay, but perhaps a change of pace for QT) and Inglorious B@stards(a bit overlong and why do you need Samuel L. Jackson doing a voiceover in a WW2 movie).

I didn't like both Kill Bills. I haven't seen Deathproof.
stripedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 21:11
Lady Spice
Forum Member

You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.
I think the reason I never watched either of the Kill Bills is basically down to the titles. The gratuitous violence in Tarantino movies is actually the thing that puts me off his films, so when it's all like right there in the title, it makes me want to steer clear.

I've never heard anything about either film to tell me that they are not just complete gore-fests, but I might give them a go one day.
Lady Spice is offline   Reply With Quote