Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Who Is The Love Of Sharon's Life?

View Poll Results: Who is the love of Sharon's life?
Phil 14 9.86%
Grant 17 11.97%
Dennis 104 73.24%
Tom 6 4.23%
Ian 1 0.70%
Voters: 142. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 18-12-2012, 18:07
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Ok, so it's always being discussed about who Phil loves, but who is the true love of Sharon's life?

Phil? Her knight in shining armour, the man who's always there to help her?

Grant? Even after Phil was ready to risk everything for her, she still went back to Grant.

Dennis? Shannis had (and still has) so many fans, She's even had his child.

Tom? The old school friend, who she stood by when he was dying.

Ian? They had a teenage relationship, and have been friends for years, are there feelings beneath the friendship?
IzzyInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:08
OhWhenTheSaints
Forum Member

Ok, so it's always being discussed about who Phil loves, but who is the true love of Sharon's life?

Phil? Her knight in shining armour, the man who's always there to help her?

Grant? Even after Phil was ready to risk everything for her, she still went back to Grant.

Dennis? Shannis had (and still has) so many fans, She's even had his child.

Tom? The old school friend, who she stood by when he was dying.

Ian? They had a teenage relationship, and have been friends for years, are there feelings beneath the friendship?
Don't think they did.

Also - Phil.
OhWhenTheSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Poll added
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Don't think they did.

Also - Phil.
They did go out for a while when teenagers

I thought I'd add him in, they've been friends for a long time
Old 18-12-2012, 18:10
felixrex
Forum Member

Phyliss
felixrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 18:10
OhWhenTheSaints
Forum Member

They did go out for a while when teenagers

I thought I'd add him in, they've been friends for a long time
When somebody (can't remember who) asked if she was an Ex of Ian's she denied it. I don't recall it ever being mentioned that they were together
OhWhenTheSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 18:13
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

When somebody (can't remember who) asked if she was an Ex of Ian's she denied it. I don't recall it ever being mentioned that they were together
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Watts

A teenage romance with Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) in 1986 ends when Sharon realises she prefers a more experienced man
Old 18-12-2012, 18:14
Broken_Arrow
Forum Member

Haha at Ian

Grant was her first proper love and there will always be something special between them. But he killed their love and she got over him. He didn't get over her but that's another story. Dennis is the love of her life. They had a long hard journey to happiness but it was short lived due to tragedy. She's still not over him 7 years later. Sharon is the love of Phil's life but he's not the love of hers.
Broken_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 18:17
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Haha at Ian

Grant was her first proper love and there will always be something special between them. But he killed their love and she got over him. He didn't get over her but that's another story. Dennis is the love of her life. They had a long hard journey to happiness but it was short lived due to tragedy. She's still not over him 7 years later. Sharon is the love of Phil's life but he's not the love of hers.
I thought I'd put in someone different, with the writers in EE atm, who knows it could happen

For me, it's a toss up between Dennis and Phil. Like you said, she got over Grant, though he's never moved on from her.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:19
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

No votes for Ian?

Phil's in the lead atm!
Old 18-12-2012, 18:19
AngelicPrincess
Forum Member

For me its a toss up between Grant or Dennis. I think she loves Phil just not as much as the others.
AngelicPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 18:21
Kirk Angel
Forum Member

What about Roly?
Kirk Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
doormouse1
Forum Member

Phil.

The look on Sharon's face when Phil broke off the 'fake' engagement spoke volumes.
doormouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

I think it's amazing that, just one character, has so many different relationships, with such huge fan followings; Phil, Grant, Dennis and Tom (to a lesser extent)!
Old 18-12-2012, 18:22
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Old 18-12-2012, 18:26
AngelicPrincess
Forum Member

I think it's amazing that, just one character, has so many different relationships, with such huge fan followings; Phil, Grant, Dennis and Tom (to a lesser extent)!
Whatever people think of Letitia as a actress she generates amazing chemistry with her male leads. Most couples have one ship and that's it. Bradley/Stacey, Max/Tanya etc. Sharon has had so many and loads had huge followings. Hell even Wicksy/Sharon had a huge fanbase back in the day. It is what she does best and probably why Sharon's stories often involve men. Because of Letitia's talent in this respect.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:27
Hankshaw
Forum Member

The priest.
Hankshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 18:28
Broken_Arrow
Forum Member

So many important things seem to have revolved around Sharon. She's always been one of the most interesting characters to me which is why I'm shocked she hasn't been given much to do since she returned.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:28
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

Whatever people think of Letitia as a actress she generates amazing chemistry with her male leads. Most couples have one ship and that's it. Bradley/Stacey, Max/Tanya etc. Sharon has had so many and loads had huge followings. Hell even Wicksy/Sharon had a huge fanbase back in the day. It is what she does best and probably why Sharon's stories often involve men. Because of Letitia's talent in this respect.
Exactly!

All 'ships' have a pretty even following as well, not one is far, far away the more popular. I nearly added Wicksy, but I didn't
Old 18-12-2012, 18:29
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

So many important things seem to have revolved around Sharon. She's always been one of the most interesting characters to me which is why I'm shocked she hasn't been given much to do since she returned.
True. She's obviously interesting to other people as well, wasn't she rated the most loved EE character, ever in a poll?
Old 18-12-2012, 18:31
Broken_Arrow
Forum Member

True. She's obviously interesting to other people as well, wasn't she rated the most loved EE character, ever in a poll?
I don't know but she's the most loved character by the male population of Walford it seems
Old 18-12-2012, 18:33
AngelicPrincess
Forum Member

I don't know but she's the most loved character by the male population of Walford it seems
And half of them fall in love with her. It seems you date Sharon you destined to fall in love with her.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:33
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

From Wikipedia:

Sharon has been dubbed one of the "most popular" characters in EastEnders.

Television critic Matt Bayliss, who once wrote storylines for EastEnders, suggested in 2010 that what made Sharon an interesting, classic, female character was that her psychology was laid bare; viewers could see how her troubled upbringing contributed to the mistakes she made and the low self-esteem she had in latter life.

In a 2007 poll carried out by Inside Soap, Sharon, who was then on a hiatus from EastEnders, was voted the character that readers most wanted to see return.

She also topped a 2001 poll examining 1000 television viewers' opinions of business owners. Sharon was named Britain's dream boss, topping the poll of soap star employers from the UK's two most popular serials, Coronation Street and EastEnders.

In a NTL poll in 2003, one third of viewers picked Sharon's comeback in 2001 as their favourite

And in a Radio Times poll of over 5,000 people in 2004, 21% chose Sharon as the soap character they were most pleased to see return.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:34
IzzyInTheHouse
Forum Member

And half of them fall in love with her. It seems you date Sharon you destined to fall in love with her.
Only Ian and Wicksy have avoided this curse ..... so far
Old 18-12-2012, 18:34
Dr K Noisewater
Forum Member

I don't think its any of them. The love of Sharon life was always Den! Not in romantic way but he was big love of her life though. She idolised him and worshiped the ground he walked on. When he returned from the dead in 2003 Sharon (in her 30s at the time) reverted back to a little girl with her daddy.

The second big love of Sharon's life was Dennis - purely because he reminded her so much of Den being his biological son and sharing a lot of his personality traits.

She did love both Phil and Grant once but i think she's well and truly over both of them now (even if they aren't over her). Tom - she was fond of but they weren't together long enough for her to have fallen that badly for him he died just a few months into their relationship. And Ian - i think she cares a lot for Ian as a friend but its definitely not love.
Dr K Noisewater is online now   Reply With Quote