Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The return of The Fratellis

Old 18-12-2012, 22:58
OrdinaryMorning
Forum Member

Anybody else a fan?

I loved their 2008 album 'Here We Stand', moreso than the first album. I was so dissapointed by the lead single though 'Mistress Mabel' which is my least favourite song (after 'Jesus Stole My Baby').

Anyway, loving the fact that the band have come together again and have played a few gigs earlier this year, the two new songs they performed are really good.

It's a shame Jon has cancelled his upcoming second album though and his debut album 'Psycho Jukebox' was excellent, i loved 'Magic and Mayhem', 'Oh Shangrai La', 'Daddy Won't Pay Your Bills', 'Santo Domingo' and 'Give My Heart Back Maguire'. I hope 'Bright Night Flowers' ends up getting relased in some way.

Can't wait for them to release their new album in 2013.
OrdinaryMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-12-2012, 00:01
hunky
Inactive Member

Costello Music was great. Have never heard the follow-up.
hunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 07:37
nikproffitt
Forum Member

A failed side project and solo album by Jon is probably the reason they are getting back together.

They are also touring this year, already got a ticket for the Birmingham show. Prefered Costello Music although that wasn't perfect, will wait and see what the new stuff is like, when they were around originally guitar music was popular but not any more so may be interesting.....
nikproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 11:29
misslibertine
Forum Member

I bought 'Costello Music' I think, only heard 'Mistress Mabel' from the follow-up. Rapidly lost interest then.
misslibertine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 11:49
lovelife7292
Forum Member

i love Costello Music <3 Henrietta, Chelsea Dagger, Whistle For The Choir, Vince the Loveable Stoner etc - i thought Here We Stand was disappointing, though i did like Mistress Mabel, My Friend John and Look Out Sunshine
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 12:53
paperplanes_
Forum Member

I absolutely loved their first album!
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote