Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

This week is Phil Collinson's last week on Corrie

Old 19-12-2012, 15:43
Pyramidbread
Forum Member

Source: https://twitter.com/Cath_Tyldesley/s...23893774888960

So I guess that Stuart starts when production begins again after Christmas? Which means we'll probably see his first episodes in Feb/March.
Pyramidbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-12-2012, 15:56
Scrabbler
Forum Member

I bet the likes of Kim and Anthony are already preparing to kiss the ass of their new ep
Scrabbler is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 15:59
jude007
Forum Member

Poor Poor Corrie for having got that useless producer from Emmerdale.
jude007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 16:14
RobInnes
Forum Member

I'll miss phil collinson - overall his corrie time has been very enjoyable with some great new characters and stories
RobInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 16:18
bornfree
Forum Member

Source: https://twitter.com/Cath_Tyldesley/s...23893774888960

So I guess that Stuart starts when production begins again after Christmas? Which means we'll probably see his first episodes in Feb/March.
Lets see how many characters he culls for short term gains.
bornfree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 16:19
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

I'll miss phil collinson - overall his corrie time has been very enjoyable with some great new characters and stories
Yes I agree with that. Looking back overall, Corrie has been pretty good, as evidenced by the ratings, which consistently show it to be the most watched soap.

(Not sure how long that will last once SB takes over).
Oldnjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 16:32
rayofsunshine
Forum Member

I'm always curious as to how these sorts of transitions run. Presumably, any arcs or storylines that Phil was mid-development of, he would have to liase with Stuart and either hope that Stuart agreed with the vision and continued them, or Stuart would change the direction!

I do wonder Phil and Stuart think similarly re the street or if we are going to see any noticeable changes
rayofsunshine is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 17:15
lionkingonstage
Forum Member

Stuart will be better suited for Corrie as its an urban soap!

When does Kate Oates take over?
She's suited for Emmerdale as she worked on the Archers! I'm looking forward to her era
lionkingonstage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 17:17
RobInnes
Forum Member

Well, there's three long running storylines going at the minute, the domestic violence (though this looks ready to come to an end within the next couple of months), the surrogacy and Marcus and Maria. Anything else will be over within the next few weeks and then Blackburn's reign will be begin and we'll be watching his stuff from around the end of February I imagine.
Old 19-12-2012, 17:20
Mattehhhftw
Forum Member

Bryan Kirkwood is an example of being good in one soap and rubbish in another.

Stuart might work well with Corrie We should at least give him a chance, despite him ruining Emmerdale from what I've read.
Mattehhhftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 17:34
Pyramidbread
Forum Member

Stuart will be better suited for Corrie as its an urban soap!

When does Kate Oates take over?
She's suited for Emmerdale as she worked on the Archers! I'm looking forward to her era
Stuart is presumably leaving Emmerdale this week too. So, Kate should begin in January.

Phil started off really well at Corrie, but the past year or so has been terrible. Carla has also been ruined, which is a shame. I think Stuart might work well for Corrie.
Old 19-12-2012, 17:37
Vivs High Heels
Forum Member

I would say it's a great thing for Corrie as I think it's been crap under Collinson but then I remember its gaining Stuart Blackbrun.
Vivs High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 17:49
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

I wonder if any long standing characters get killed offscreen by Blackburn.
Joe_Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 17:55
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

Stuart is presumably leaving Emmerdale this week too. So, Kate should begin in January.

Phil started off really well at Corrie, but the past year or so has been terrible. Carla has also been ruined, which is a shame. I think Stuart might work well for Corrie.
Maybe this is why they do change producers every few years or so. It must be hard for them not to get 'stale' eventually and run out of ideas. Maybe it's not a bad thing, (although I'm reserving judgement on SB going to Corrie and just keeping fingers firmly crossed).
Oldnjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 18:12
NathanJohnson
Forum Member

Hope so, Rita is someone who needs to leave.
NathanJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 20:35
Imonfire
Inactive Member

I can't wait until PC has gone. His work has mainly been terrible since the tram crash with the odd glimmer of hope shining through (no pun intended).
Imonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 20:46
Pyramidbread
Forum Member

I assume you are refering to Viv and Terry? That happened in Gavin Blyth's reign
Old 19-12-2012, 22:07
Nostlagic
Forum Member

I assume you are refering to Viv and Terry? That happened in Gavin Blyth's reign
That restores my faith a little bit more
Nostlagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 22:25
Doctor Bench
Forum Member

Meh. His time as producer has been pretty mediocre overall; no great loss imo. Only downside of his absence is that Stuart Blackburn is up next. Let's hope he doesn't totally blow this one.
Doctor Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 22:56
big dan
Forum Member

Collinson and Blackburn seem to have a pretty similar style imo.

Yes, he may have his own idea of directions for characters to go in. However I think from a behind-the-scenes perspective the tone, type of stories and the way they're told probably won't change all that much.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 00:32
RobInnes
Forum Member

Tonight makes me sad about this news. At least he's leaving on a high point - and not an exploding rovers return in sight.
Old 20-12-2012, 00:44
Agent F
Forum Member

I don't particularly agree that this 'past year or so has been terrible' - I've suffered through terrible Corrie (even to the point where I just had to stop watching for 6 months it had got so bad), so I'm pretty certain this year hasn't been that bad IMO.

Looking back on the year we had Becky's exit, Lewis's return and Audrey's diemma, the fantastic Tyrone and Kirsty storyline, Frank's murder, Peter/Carla/Leanne... now I agree not all of this will have been to everyone's taste but I've largely enjoyed it. A few duds - the surrogate story has been misjudged IMO - but nothing so bad that I'd stop watching.

He's maintained the sense of community and quite a few characters have been developed well. Highlights for me are Eva and Kylie who have come on leaps and bounds this year. I'm crossing my fingers 2013 will both be their year as they are great characters.

I haven't watched Emmerdale in a while so I don't really know how bad SB is but I for one am gutted Phil's going. The show was in the pits before he arrived and he's done such a fantastic job. But on the other hand I do think long-running soaps need a change at the top every couple of years so it was probably the right time for him to move on. I just hope and pray Blackburn doesn't mess things up - Corrie under Phil has produced episodes like tonight's, like Carla's rape and I really hope that sort of ambitious storytelling remains as it was sadly absent before he joined the show.
Agent F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 00:48
RobInnes
Forum Member

I don't particularly agree that this 'past year or so has been terrible' - I've suffered through terrible Corrie (even to the point where I just had to stop watching for 6 months it had got so bad), so I'm pretty certain this year hasn't been that bad IMO.

Looking back on the year we had Becky's exit, Lewis's return and Audrey's diemma, the fantastic Tyrone and Kirsty storyline, Frank's murder, Peter/Carla/Leanne... now I agree not all of this will have been to everyone's taste but I've largely enjoyed it. A few duds - the surrogate story has been misjudged IMO - but nothing so bad that I'd stop watching.

He's maintained the sense of community and quite a few characters have been developed well. Highlights for me are Eva and Kylie who have come on leaps and bounds this year. I'm crossing my fingers 2013 will both be their year as they are great characters.

I haven't watched Emmerdale in a while so I don't really know how bad SB is but I for one am gutted Phil's going. The show was in the pits before he arrived and he's done such a fantastic job. But on the other hand I do think long-running soaps need a change at the top every couple of years so it was probably the right time for him to move on. I just hope and pray Blackburn doesn't mess things up - Corrie under Phil has produced episodes like tonight's, like Carla's rape and I really hope that sort of ambitious storytelling remains as it was sadly absent before he joined the show.
And Xin. Don't forget Xin.
Old 20-12-2012, 01:08
priscilla
Forum Member

This. Also Dennis, Ken and Emily.
priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 01:09
Agent F
Forum Member

This. Also Dennis, Ken and Emily.
No, no, no and no.
Agent F is offline   Reply With Quote