Options

well did the reveal make the shagger Sl worth it?

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
Imo jesus no that was auwful crap I really thought EE would pull it off for the reveal at least but it all just felt meh and very forgetable

Stax was a SL were the reveal made it worth it as it became an iconic EE moment but everything here just meh lame stuff at least its over now I really do hope EE returns to form next year

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ha..Derek lighting up his cigar in the pub..i any realised that when i heard the radio, they were laughing at it :D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Nope.

I have enjoyed the fall out but hated every minute of the storyline.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    No, not at all. I honestly couldn't stop laughing through today's episode, and I wasn't the only person. It was hilarious. It's one of my favorite comedy episodes, but I don't think it was supposed to be hilarious.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it didnt make up for months of Kat acting as if she shagged all the mystery shaggers, the shadows, hand, notes, presents, etc it was an awful SL.

I loved the Stax reveal.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Imo jesus no that was auwful crap I really thought EE would pull it off for the reveal at least but it all just felt meh and very forgetable

Stax was a SL were the reveal made it worth it as it became an iconic EE moment but everything here just meh lame stuff at least its over now I really do hope EE returns to form next year

No todays epp proved to be a let down,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And it was so laughable the whole pub standing there looking at them as if it was a play or something sure its happened before but never that long the crowd in the pub watched all this for what 5 -8 mins
    It was all so panto and well crap lol
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,361
    Forum Member
    No because it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference as to who was shagging Kat.
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it difficult to understand a lot of what you have said. Could you possibly rephrase using less abbreviation and a little punctuation.

I have absolutely no idea what Meh, Stax or SL mean.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I quite enjoyed the episode, far from meh imo. Dragged on a bit long I thought, so possibly not worth all the wait but still good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it difficult to understand a lot of what you have said. Could you possibly rephrase using less abbreviation and a little punctuation.

Meh is used when someone doesn't care for something/indifferent.

SL means storyline.

Stax refers to Stacey and Max/their affair storyline.

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way. The last couple of episodes were good but nothing can excuse the rancid excuse for a storyline we had to endure for the last 6 months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. The last couple of episodes were good but nothing can excuse the rancid excuse for a storyline we had to endure for the last 6 months.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought the reveal was really good and the subsequent Kat/Derek scenes gave me an insight into how this has happened and made me feel a little sorry for kat.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reveal was very good especially Shane Richies performance, but the SL dragged on for far too long and was poorly executed.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say yes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually thought the reveal was really good and the subsequent Kat/Derek scenes gave me an insight into how this has happened and made me feel a little sorry for kat.

A little sorry really

Remember how this whole crap started kat swanning around making flirty remarks to the whole team
    Then her walking into the backroom where her little shag happened there was no mind games going on there whatsoever ir was all her
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just from the comments on EE threads on DS alone (cos I didn't watch it) I'd say no. Who would believe the Derek would be a hearts and flowers kinda guy? No way on this earth was this storyline even a teeny bit believable. How much better it would have been to find out it was Jack and see Kat and Sharon at one anothers throats!
  • Options
    dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    A little sorry really

Remember how this whole crap started kat swanning around making flirty remarks to the whole team
    Then her walking into the backroom where her little shag happened there was no mind games going on there whatsoever ir was all her

Oh yeah for the duration of the initial 3 month affair Kat was well up for it. She lied to Alfie when she said it was all Derek, she was much up for it as him. And Derek said that to her himself last night. However, since Alfie found about the affair she hasnt been unfaithful and has been trying to put her marriage back on track, but she has still bought a lot of it on herself. I find it hard to feel completely sorry for her. She also shagged Derek twice at the Vic under Alfie's nose whilst he slept upstairs, I would be suprised if that didn't come out to Alfie at some point.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know we are not supposed to comment on grammar, spelling and punctuation, but as an English teacher I have some sympathy with you. The lack of capital letters for proper nouns and appropriate punctuation to break up sentences into understandable clauses is a valid point.

I know fora are often fast-paced and people are typing quickly, but good grammar and punctuation should be second nature and done without thinking, rather than missed out completely with the excuse of "but it's a forum, it doesn't matter". I don't text using text-speak either - I always use whole words and complete sentences! I can't help it - that is how I speak, so that is how I write and type. It's easier to write and type how I speak normally when I am typing quickly... which is rather worrying if people who are typing with such awful grammar and punctuation errors are also typing as they they speak/write normally because if they are maybe they need a few literacy lessons!

I don't mean to sound like a spelling/grammar/punctuation snob, but too often these days too many people use excuses of "it doesn't matter any more" or "it's ok in this context" to justify themselves. If you write/speak/type correctly all the time you can be confident that you will do so in every situation, both formal and informal, which will mean you always come across as a literate, mature person who can express themselves appropriately. I always tell my students to write as if they were writing the most important covering letter for the job they want most in the world. Would you just 'make do' and make excuses then? No - and neither would the person reading it make excuses for you!

There is nothing wrong with high expectations - in fact, that is what is wrong with current thinking as regards language, that expectations are not constant. And look where it's left us to the outside world - a long way down the list!

I don't care if people call me a pedant, and I completely understand where Paulie is coming from. Not everyone who goes on a forum is 'au fait' with the 'lingo', but if we all speak English on an English forum then there can be no confusion. Acronyms (such as 'imho' or 'tptb' are ok as long as people know where to go to look up a translation), but urban 'slang' such as 'meh' means nothing to many people. Even my teenage children don't talk like that, even among their own friends when they are typing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little sorry really

Admittedly I wasn't sorry for Kat until last night. Then seeing her in such a fragile state and the way Derek was controlling her yes I did feel a little sorry for her though I admit this situation is her own fault even if Derek didn't help matters by refusing to let Kat go.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I know we are not supposed to comment on grammar, spelling and punctuation, but as an English teacher I have some sympathy with you. The lack of capital letters for proper nouns and appropriate punctuation to break up sentences into understandable clauses is a valid point.

I know fora are often fast-paced and people are typing quickly, but good grammar and punctuation should be second nature and done without thinking, rather than missed out completely with the excuse of "but it's a forum, it doesn't matter". I don't text using text-speak either - I always use whole words and complete sentences! I can't help it - that is how I speak, so that is how I write and type. It's easier to write and type how I speak normally when I am typing quickly... which is rather worrying if people who are typing with such awful grammar and punctuation errors are also typing as they they speak/write normally because if they are maybe they need a few literacy lessons!

I don't mean to sound like a spelling/grammar/punctuation snob, but too often these days too many people use excuses of "it doesn't matter any more" or "it's ok in this context" to justify themselves. If you write/speak/type correctly all the time you can be confident that you will do so in every situation, both formal and informal, which will mean you always come across as a literate, mature person who can express themselves appropriately. I always tell my students to write as if they were writing the most important covering letter for the job they want most in the world. Would you just 'make do' and make excuses then? No - and neither would the person reading it make excuses for you!

There is nothing wrong with high expectations - in fact, that is what is wrong with current thinking as regards language, that expectations are not constant. And look where it's left us to the outside world - a long way down the list!

I don't care if people call me a pedant, and I completely understand where Paulie is coming from. Not everyone who goes on a forum is 'au fait' with the 'lingo', but if we all speak English on an English forum then there can be no confusion. Acronyms (such as 'imho' or 'tptb' are ok as long as people know where to go to look up a translation, but urban 'slang' such as 'meh' means nothing to many people. Even my teenage children don't talk like that, even among their own friends when they are typing!

This is completely OT, and I'm sorry to the rest of the thread-goers, but as an English teacher surely you're already aware that languages evolve? This is simply an evolution of language and there's no point in standing in its way. And I say that as someone who hates abbreviations and text speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    Just from the comments on EE threads on DS alone (cos I didn't watch it) I'd say no. Who would believe the Derek would be a hearts and flowers kinda guy? No way on this earth was this storyline even a teeny bit believable. How much better it would have been to find out it was Jack and see Kat and Sharon at one anothers throats!

I thought it made a nice change really to have the woman being married rather than the man and for there not to be a catfight between two women - that has already been done with tthe Max/Stacey storyline. Okay the mystery element though it got people talking and added a new dimension because it has not yet been done inthe context of an affair prevented us seeing the build up with Kat and Derek but the stuff with the flower petals/candles does give Derek a bit more depth rather than him being one dimensional. If he was using Kat to get revenge on Alfie, Derek would have let Kat freeze to death on the street but he didn't which makes me think that he does have feelings for Kat however warped and twisted though his controlling and manipulation really is unforgivable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it made a nice change really to have the woman being married rather than the man and for there not to be a catfight between two women - that has already been done with tthe Max/Stacey storyline. Okay the mystery element though it got people talking and added a new dimension because it has not yet been done inthe context of an affair prevented us seeing the build up with Kat and Derek but the stuff with the flower petals/candles does give Derek a bit more depth rather than him being one dimensional. If he was using Kat to get revenge on Alfie, Derek would have let Kat freeze to death on the street but he didn't which makes me think that he does have feelings for Kat however warped and twisted though his controlling and manipulation really is unforgivable.

After all that in the end it does not matter as hes dead in 2 eps time anyways lol so she might aswell have been shagging the vics curtains lol
  • Options
    Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it lasted 1 month maybe it would have been acceptable, it was way too dragged, just like every other storyline nowadays, its best just watching the christmas episode every year and all the storylines will be revealed rather than watching through hours and hours of rubbish build up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After all that in the end it does not matter as hes dead in 2 eps time anyways lol so she might aswell have been shagging the vics curtains lol

It's a bit disappoiinting that he dies so soon as the character of Derek was getting interesting to watch. Oh well.