University 7 6.36%
Unemployed 11 10.00%
Less than 6k 2 1.82%
6-12k 8 7.27%
12-20k 14 12.73%
20-30k 31 28.18%
30-50k 18 16.36%
50k+ 14 12.73%
Voters: 110. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 22-12-2012, 13:51
The_One
Forum Member

Annual net income, the amount that you take home after tax/ni/pension etc.

Theres no need to reply if you dont want to... some people dont like stating their income. Just tick a relevant category, no one can see which you ticked.

Im just curious what kind of money you people are getting? Interesting to see the ratio between those who are hard done by and those who are minted.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-12-2012, 13:57
He4rt
Forum Member

After taxes and my pension about 24.5k But I'm due a review for a pay rise in February next year.

(edit: Just took a look at my finances and i took home just under 20k last year, less than i thought)
He4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 14:07
thomas2400
Forum Member

I'll openly admit i'm unemployed, no point in looking for a job until the New Year now anyway

I was a student until earlier this year which paid for my Replacement PS3, 3DS (twice), PS Vita (and a replacement) and a Laptop

but since this summer when i finished uni, i've been unemployed and i've had no problem getting any games that i've wanted

I'd say it's a very broken system and even though i get jobseekers i hugely disagree with and would overhaul the system more than the tories have, without a Job i should not have all these gaming perks but i do
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 14:08
TheG-Man
Forum Member

Get just under 20k a year, double it if you wanna include my wifes income too.
TheG-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 14:16
The_One
Forum Member

Im aged 31, electrician. At my previous job, over 2 years ago i was getting 16k +pension.

Now the same job, different company, recently had a tiny pay rise, im now on: (no pension yet)
20k no overtime
25-28k with overtime, this is what im getting.
Though its not exactly overtime as i still work 40 hours/week, i work permanent nights so my hourly rate is increased by 1.25, and i work sundays-thursdays so i get double pay for the first 8 hours.

Might be getting a tiny pay rise early 2013, just inflation i think.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 14:58
mred2000
Forum Member

I was a student until earlier this year which paid for my Replacement PS3, 3DS (twice), PS Vita (and a replacement) and a Laptop
Hopefully not paid for with taxpayers money! I'm sure they were needed for your studies, though
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 15:43
Davonator
Forum Member

Interesting.

As this is on gaming board though I suppose the real relevance is what your gaming purchasing ability is.

I earn waaay more than I did when I was about 19 (i'm 28 now). However in those days I was living at home with no real responsibilities, so 90% of my income could go on luxuries like video games. Now despite earning much more it's tied up in rent, bills, transport and other dull adult stuff. So despite being wealthier now, in real terms my 19 year old self was a lot richer in his game purchasing ability if that makes sense.
Davonator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 15:45
kendoguk
Forum Member

Didn't realise ds users were so rich I'm lucky to earn 10k a year so what I buy I make sure I like
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 18:46
blitzben85
Forum Member

16k + pension and buy 3/4 new games per year, 5 tops.
blitzben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 18:51
Lackadaisical
Inactive Member

Pimp.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 21:59
PhoenixRises
Forum Member

I'll openly admit i'm unemployed, no point in looking for a job until the New Year now anyway

but since this summer when i finished uni, i've been unemployed and i've had no problem getting any games that i've wanted

I'd say it's a very broken system and even though i get jobseekers i hugely disagree with and would overhaul the system more than the tories have, without a Job i should not have all these gaming perks but i do
I guess you don't have any other financial commitments? Because when I was unemployed I really struggled to make ends meet and I definitely didn't buy computer games, nor any other form of entertainment. The money went on bills and that was it.

Also how did being a student pay for all those electronics?
PhoenixRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:05
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

I guess you don't have any other financial commitments? Because when I was unemployed I really struggled to make ends meet and I definitely didn't buy computer games, nor any other form of entertainment. The money went on bills and that was it.

Also how did being a student pay for all those electronics?
maybe his student loan or jobseekers, when you live with your parents, you have no bills..

gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:10
PhoenixRises
Forum Member

maybe his student loan or jobseekers, when you live with your parents, you have no bills..

I had financial commitments when I lived at my parents - firstly I had keep, then there was food, car insurance, petrol, car maintenance. This is why I asked about not having financial commitments
PhoenixRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:12
Speedloafer
Forum Member

You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy scamming the system and they do have bills to pay.
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:14
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

Me and hubby make 40 k maybe a bit more...
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:16
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy they do have bills to pay.
i work 50 hours a week, run a home, pay a mortgage, get two kids ready for school, buy school uniform, run a car and still get a bit of gaming in as well...

maybe mr thomas could come a work with me for a week...
Old 22-12-2012, 22:17
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

Me and hubby make 40 k maybe a bit more...
not so shabby, and i bet your kids get most of it, like me

Old 22-12-2012, 22:18
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

not so shabby, and i bet your kids get most of it, like me

Yep kids are expensive accessories
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:18
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

I had financial commitments when I lived at my parents - firstly I had keep, then there was food, car insurance, petrol, car maintenance. This is why I asked about not having financial commitments
of course
Old 22-12-2012, 22:22
Speedloafer
Forum Member

i work 50 hours a week, run a home, pay a mortgage, get two kids ready for school, buy school uniform, run a car and still get a bit of gaming in as well...

maybe mr thomas could come a work with me for a week...
Too busy playing the Wii U he didn't buy himself in the house he doesn't own, eating the food that he didn't buy etc etc
Old 22-12-2012, 22:23
thomas2400
Forum Member

You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy they do have bills to pay.
So three days before christmas i should be out and about trying to get a job? what do you think the changes are i would get a job on sunday or monday, no employers will be taking on until the new year now, as they start to get of the temp christmas staff, so i'm not really cheating anyone by not looking for a job for a week

Just because some of my jobseekers goes on games doesn't mean that it all goes on games, i still pay my mum money to let me live at home, i pay towards the food and bills also

I said i had no problem getting the games i wanted but what i didn't mention is how many games i have bought since being on jobseekers and not that many have been paid for directly by the jobseekers, most have been bought by selling games i know longer want

Don't get me wrong i will be trying to get a job after the festive period, as broken as the current system is, i'd still end up with more money from a job, not to mention the fact i would feel much better about myself
Old 22-12-2012, 22:27
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

Too busy playing the Wii U he didn't buy himself in the house he doesn't own, eating the food that he didn't buy etc etc
if i was unemployed and lived with my parents i would feel a boot up the rear pronto..

not new consoles

that really grinds my gears
Old 22-12-2012, 22:29
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

So three days before christmas i should be out and about trying to get a job? what do you think the changes are i would get a job on sunday or monday, no employers will be taking on until the new year now, as they start to get of the temp christmas staff, so i'm not really cheating anyone by not looking for a job for a week

Just because some of my jobseekers goes on games doesn't mean that it all goes on games, i still pay my mum money to let me live at home, i pay towards the food and bills also

I said i had no problem getting the games i wanted but what i didn't mention is how many games i have bought since being on jobseekers and not that many have been paid for directly by the jobseekers, most have been bought by selling games i know longer want

Don't get me wrong i will be trying to get a job after the festive period, as broken as the current system is, i'd still end up with more money from a job, not to mention the fact i would feel much better about myself
fair enough, so maybe in the future, dont shout your mouth off to people in the real world
Old 22-12-2012, 22:30
thomas2400
Forum Member

Don't pretend to know my life just because you know two details
i'm unemployed and i play games

I sold my Xbox 360 and paid towards getting my WiiU with money i had saved and i had my family all pay a little bit towards it instead of getting me birthday and christmas presents

As i've already stated in another reply, i pay my mum rent, i pay towards food and i pay towards the bills, knowing two details about me means you know **** all

would i of worked 4 weeks of 30 hours each for ****ing free, just so i could get the experience if i didn't want to get a job, no i wouldn't i'd of sat at home all day playing games
Old 22-12-2012, 22:39
Speedloafer
Forum Member

Don't pretend to know my life just because you know two details
i'm unemployed and i play games

I sold my Xbox 360 and paid towards getting my WiiU with money i had saved and i had my family all pay a little bit towards it instead of getting me birthday and christmas presents

As i've already stated in another reply, i pay my mum rent, i pay towards food and i pay towards the bills, knowing two details about me means you know **** all

would i of worked 4 weeks of 30 hours each for ****ing free, just so i could get the experience if i didn't want to get a job, no i wouldn't i'd of sat at home all day playing games
I don't pretend to know your life, your just a silly little boy living at home, that's all I need to know.