Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Matt Smith - attractive or not?

Old 24-12-2012, 00:08
steampunk13
Forum Member

I don't fancy him, and have never really liked Doctor Who (don't judge me... I don't hate it... I just don't watch it) but I do find Matt Smith wierdly attractive... is that normal?

I'll hold my hands up and admit David Tennant was/is sexy as hell... but Matt Smith has a more.... I dunno something else about him. My mam thinks I am crazy, I'm just wondering if I am alone in my thoughts haha.
steampunk13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-12-2012, 03:21
Sophie ~Oohie~
Forum Member

Didn't think so much before, but he's a bit alright in the recent trailers and prequel things. No that's weird isn't it?
Sophie ~Oohie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 14:05
Rubydoll
Forum Member

He has got something definetly not conventionally attractive but something there,plus with aging there comes that little bit more, confident but not a big ego etc. l would liked to have seen him on stage actually, seen more of the package in one go live.
Rubydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:43
flashgordon1952
Inactive Member

NO ! but i like his female sidekicks.
flashgordon1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 23:09
Darth Gaydar
Forum Member

He's my type of guy, I love him
Darth Gaydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 23:20
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

I think hes gorgeous.
SillyBillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 00:27
SULLA
Forum Member

He's rather strange
SULLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 01:00
Cadiva
Forum Member

Does nothing for me at all but I like him as the Doctor as a character.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 11:00
elven62
Forum Member

Short answer ? Oh yes!

Best Doctor ever in my opinion..not always served by best scripts but defo a class act. Seems like a nice person in real life too.
elven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 20:28
union_jak
Forum Member

Sone people are very fickle. I find it hard to believe people would look twice at the guy before he became famous, now he's conveniently attractive.
union_jak is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 20:28
comdydave2win
Inactive Member

bah gis not
comdydave2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 20:37
Darth Gaydar
Forum Member

Sone people are very fickle. I find it hard to believe people would look twice at the guy before he became famous, now he's conveniently attractive.
I would fancy him even if he wasn't famous. I really is my type of man
Darth Gaydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 20:57
RobInnes
Forum Member

Matt smith is beautiful. That is all.
RobInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 21:00
Kavanaugh
Forum Member

Oh, highly so. He pushes all my geekboi-love buttons and then some ... I do like a flaily angular fellow with independently controlled limbs who blushes.

He's brilliant, beautiful, and I wish I had one of him for my very own!
Kavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 21:01
Cadiva
Forum Member

Have to say he definitely had his moments in tonight's Christmas special but I do only like him when he's in the Doctor guise.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 21:03
haphash
Forum Member

He's very attractive. Unusual looking but sexier than DT IMO.
haphash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 01:36
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

He is my favourite doctor by a landslide...so i wil back him anyway...but i always loved the unconventional beauty in people and he ticks the boxes...he is epic and very charming
Josh Pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 12:49
steampunk13
Forum Member

You're point is flawed - How many celebrities could you claim to have fancied or found conveniently attractive before you knew them from being in some form of Media?

It's not that he is conveniently attractive all of a sudden because of the fame - I mean his profile has raised since being on TV that is all. Not many people knew him before Doctor Who, his fan base has just expanded... so naturally more people will find him attractive.

And from a photographers/artists pov he seems to have something about him I would love to draw or photograph. And if it wasn't for the fame I wouldn't have known him before. As I said in my original post, I don't fancy him - there is just something about him I find attractive and admirable. There is a difference.
Old 26-12-2012, 18:59
union_jak
Forum Member

Your point is flawed - How many celebrities could you claim to have fancied or found conveniently attractive before you knew them from being in some form of Media?

It's not that he is conveniently attractive all of a sudden because of the fame - I mean his profile has raised since being on TV that is all. Not many people knew him before Doctor Who, his fan base has just expanded... so naturally more people will find him attractive.

And from a photographers/artists pov he seems to have something about him I would love to draw or photograph. And if it wasn't for the fame I wouldn't have known him before. As I said in my original post, I don't fancy him - there is just something about him I find attractive and admirable. There is a difference.
My point isn't flawed because it's a strong personal belief of mine that status has nothing to do with how I view peoples looks. I can go on the train or walk through shops and find various people attractive. Likewise there's a huge range of famous people I consider unattractive and no amount of fame will change my opinion on them. Ugly is ugly regardless of money or celebrity status.

Matt Smith isn't ugly, he's just no more attractive than the average guy. By your argument I could upload a photo of myself, gain an online fanbase and be considered attractive. If only it was that easy...
union_jak is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 19:11
bugloss
Forum Member

when he was announced as the new Doctor, one of the papers said he may turn out to be good, but he'll be a merchandising flop as he'll never end up on as many bedroom walls as David Tennant, and i thought

you're nuts. He looks sensational
bugloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 02:04
steampunk13
Forum Member

My point isn't flawed because it's a strong personal belief of mine that status has nothing to do with how I view peoples looks. I can go on the train or walk through shops and find various people attractive. Likewise there's a huge range of famous people I consider unattractive and no amount of fame will change my opinion on them. Ugly is ugly regardless of money or celebrity status.

Matt Smith isn't ugly, he's just no more attractive than the average guy. By your argument I could upload a photo of myself, gain an online fanbase and be considered attractive. If only it was that easy...
Fame or 'status' doesn't mean anything to me either, and I bet it doesn't for most people. You shouldn't tarnish everyone as being 'fickle' just because you consider someone average looking when others may find them attractive. Not everyone fancies or dislikes someone for all the same reasons.

And yes you could upload a photo, get a fanbase and be considered attractive - but doesn't mean EVERYONE will think the same. Some people may think 'oh my god where have you been all my life' others might think exactly like you have about Matt Smith. It doesn't mean anybody is better than the other though just by looks or fame. It's also down to how you are.

You could be the most famous person in the world and also be one of the most hated - and again be one of the most unknown people in the world and loved by everyone because it's all down to personality really, not looks, not money, not fame - being real, genuine and honest as a person. Look at Justin Beiber, Katie Price and Jeremy Kyle - all well known names with lots of money and fame to their name, but none of them are too popular.
Old 27-12-2012, 13:25
Ashenpimento
Forum Member

nope - not at all! David Tennant was the sexiest ever Dr Who
Ashenpimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 16:38
MizManiac
Forum Member

He is my favourite doctor by a landslide...so i wil back him anyway...but i always loved the unconventional beauty in people and he ticks the boxes...he is epic and very charming
Well said!
MizManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 17:04
Firegazer
Forum Member

I have a man-crush on him, is that bad? :S
Firegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 19:19
PokeyOaks
Forum Member

Like anyone he'll be top totty to some and a cold fish to others. I have noticed however, that he looks extremely woofy when upside down.
PokeyOaks is offline   Reply With Quote