Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Four in a Bed. New series!!

Closed Thread
Old 21-01-2013, 17:21
nick202
Forum Member

I might have a fryup for dindins
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:22
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

If Gatwick is anything like Heathrow, planes stop flying around 11pm and dont start up again until around 6.30am, so it was hardly all night!
Old 21-01-2013, 17:23
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

I might have a fryup for dindins
I want a fry up EVERY NIGHT after watching this show
Old 21-01-2013, 17:23
nick202
Forum Member

I can't bear it when people use the word 'unorganised' when they mean 'disorganised' - one of my pernickety pet hates!
Old 21-01-2013, 17:24
habby
Forum Member

What do they expect to see on Heathrows flight path?

Its like Fawlty Towers where the guest asks where Torquay is!
nick202
Forum Member

I want a fry up EVERY NIGHT after watching this show
Indeed.
nuttytigger
Forum Member

If Gatwick is anything like Heathrow, planes stop flying around 11pm and dont start up again until around 6.30am, so it was hardly all night!
BG when you went on holiday, did you use the sky lounge thingy in Gatwick?
Old 21-01-2013, 17:26
Hypnoali
Forum Member

I wouldn't necessarily take my own shampoo to a posh b&b, you expect it. Not very good at taking criticism these two.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:26
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

BG when you went on holiday, did you use the sky lounge thingy in Gatwick?
No

I tried to talk my way in but they were having NONE of it. I had even upgraded to Premium Class on Thomson but nope...the silly girl got really faffy with me so I didnt bother.

e2a: By Sky Lounge did you mean the posh bit?
Old 21-01-2013, 17:28
SolarSail
Forum Member

I thought it looked lovely today, but a few things let him down.
Breakfast being one of the major issues, which was odd given that there was someone in chef's whites in the kitchen

We had friends to stay at the weekend and I went over all the bedding with a sticky roller to make sure there were no hairs.
I think 4inaB is getting to me
Old 21-01-2013, 17:29
nuttytigger
Forum Member

No

I tried to talk my way in but they were having NONE of it. I had even upgraded to Premium Class on Thomson but nope...the silly girl got really faffy with me so I didnt bother.

I dunno, in Glasgow airport its called Skyy Lounge, and if you pay an amount you can go to it, free drinks, wifi, snacks etc. We are flying from Gatwick in September, so was wondering what it was like, or if we're better off going to McDonalds lol.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:30
Sentenza
Forum Member

I wouldn't necessarily take my own shampoo to a posh b&b, you expect it. Not very good at taking criticism these two.
I havent needed shampoo since 97 just a buffer cloth.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:31
Sentenza
Forum Member

No

She knew riff raff when she saw it.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:33
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

I dunno, in Glasgow airport its called Skyy Lounge, and if you pay an amount you can go to it, free drinks, wifi, snacks etc. We are flying from Gatwick in September, so was wondering what it was like, or if we're better off going to McDonalds lol.

Oh I know the one you mean.....I did look at these but for the amount of time we were there waiting for our flight (2 hours), I wanted to get breakfast and go shopping so we didnt bother - we had free drinks on our flight to wanted to pace ourselves

She knew riff raff when she saw it.
Shurrup you. She clearly didnt know what she was talking about
Old 21-01-2013, 17:35
Hypnoali
Forum Member

I thought it looked lovely today, but a few things let him down.
Breakfast being one of the major issues, which was odd given that there was someone in chef's whites in the kitchen

We had friends to stay at the weekend and I went over all the bedding with a sticky roller to make sure there were no hairs.
I think 4inaB is getting to me
My dog's hair resists the stickiest sticky roller. I took one with me when I took him to a b&b where he wasn't allowed on the bed & failed miserably to remove the evidence :-s
Old 21-01-2013, 17:36
nuttytigger
Forum Member

Oh I know the one you mean.....I did look at these but for the amount of time we were there waiting for our flight (2 hours), I wanted to get breakfast and go shopping so we didnt bother - we had free drinks on our flight to wanted to pace ourselves
I think we probably wont bother tbh. Our hotel is beside a 24hr McDs and we can check in the night before so I think we only need to be there about 1hr before?
Old 21-01-2013, 17:45
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Evening

Looks nice but points off for breakfast. You'd think he could learn to poach/ scramble eggs.
Poached eggs are my downfall...
Old 21-01-2013, 17:48
fiveinabed
Forum Member

It's probably all in the edit, but it seems weird asking how you want your eggs, when there's only one option, and not asking whether you want brown or white toast, and tea or coffee, etc.
Old 21-01-2013, 17:58
SolarSail
Forum Member

My dog's hair resists the stickiest sticky roller. I took one with me when I took him to a b&b where he wasn't allowed on the bed & failed miserably to remove the evidence :-s
We have a black cat.
He very rarely wanders out of the breakfast room to anywhere else in the house and he doesn't get on any of the furniture at all, but never-the-less, I do seem to find hairs on the linen.

I think it's from when I've put a towel down by the door in bad weather and washed it in the machine, despite the fact that I run the machine on an empty rinse after washing anything he's been in contact with.

I can tell you how many layers I peeled off the roller this weekend for just two lots of king sized linens

Back to the programme - am looking forward to the rest of this week.

Habby, I did find the guest house on various booking sites, but something flashed up with a unique url, however, it redirected to an advertising site, not the guest house one.
Old 21-01-2013, 18:00
MRSgotobed
Forum Member

Er, I'll have a cream egg please

We only do fried. Pfft, what a daftie.

Lovely place, didn't come together.
Old 21-01-2013, 18:23
rhumble
Forum Member

PMSL.......The best question ever...."How do you want your eggs?",,,,"er poached please" "sorry we only do fried"
Brilliant
Old 21-01-2013, 18:40
Purple Orchid
Forum Member

I'm still puzzled over Alfie washing his face in the loo from last week & now I'll spend this week wondering why they only offered fried eggs but still asked how the guests wanted their eggs...
Old 21-01-2013, 18:48
SolarSail
Forum Member

He said didn't he, that they were only offering fried eggs but he just wanted to know if they wanted them runny yolk or turned over and fried both sides.

Because it's essentially self catering and the units all have kitchenettes Ben would've been better off leaving everyone with some eggs, some nice ham, cheese and croissants or something like that.
Old 21-01-2013, 18:49
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

PMSL.......The best question ever...."How do you want your eggs?",,,,"er poached please" "sorry we only do fried"
Brilliant
That has to be the quote of the series I think for me.....
Old 21-01-2013, 18:51
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

I'm still puzzled over Alfie washing his face in the loo from last week & now I'll spend this week wondering why they only offered fried eggs but still asked how the guests wanted their eggs...
I still dont know why he washed his face in the loo...it was bizaare!

Closed Thread