Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

"Strictly’s Kimberley Walsh more popular than Cheryl Cole" - Will Simon Sign Kimbles?

Old 24-12-2012, 12:51
TerryM22
Forum Member

"Strictly’s Kimberley Walsh more popular than Cheryl Cole" - Will Simon Sign Kimbles?

"Strictly Come Dancing is set to ensure that Kimberley Walsh becomes the biggest star in Girls Aloud.

Sources told a Sunday newspaper that they believe that the 31-year-old is set to be more popular than Cheryl Cole.

Pundits have said that they reckon Walsh is set to make millions in lucrative entertainment deals. "

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/20732...t-cheryl-cole/

Do you think that Kimberley is likely to be the most successful of this years celebrities following this years series of Strictly Come Dancing?
TerryM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-12-2012, 12:56
gamestats
Forum Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gamestats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 12:57
bornfree
Forum Member

"Strictly Come Dancing is set to ensure that Kimberley Walsh becomes the biggest star in Girls Aloud.

Sources told a Sunday newspaper that they believe that the 31-year-old is set to be more popular than Cheryl Cole.

Pundits have said that they reckon Walsh is set to make millions in lucrative entertainment deals. "

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/20732...t-cheryl-cole/

Do you think that Kimberley is likely to be the most successful of this years celebrities following this years series of Strictly Come Dancing?
Although I didnt support her, I think she is an astute young woman who has made sure that she doesnt fizzle out. Like us normal mortals, she works hard to enhance her career prospects. I expect strictly was like a CPD(Career Prospect Development) for her. And yes it would be nice to see her be more popular than the least talented Cheryl Cole. And Kimberley can sing live, which is a must for an actress/entertainer/singer.
bornfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 13:18
TerryM22
Forum Member

Although I didnt support her, I think she is an astute young woman who has made sure that she doesnt fizzle out. Like us normal mortals, she works hard to enhance her career prospects. I expect strictly was like a CPD(Career Prospect Development) for her. And yes it would be nice to see her be more popular than the least talented Cheryl Cole. And Kimberley can sing live, which is a must for an actress/entertainer/singer.
I don't think Kimberley will fizzle out either bornfree, she is the more genuine & talented of the two as you say, Strictly could be the springboard into Showbizz for her
Old 24-12-2012, 14:01
TerryM22
Forum Member

Kimberley deserves all the success that will come her way, she is an absolute delight

" Kimberley Walsh inundated with job offers after sizzling performance on Strictly Come Dancing "

" Kimberley Walsh might have lost out to Louis Smith in last night’s Strictly Come Dancing final, but she sure set the ballroom on fire with her sizzling routines and is now reported to have been flooded with job offers. "

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/23/kimber...ncing-3328095/
Old 24-12-2012, 16:56
TerryM22
Forum Member

It sounds like you have had your Christmas dinner early gamestats, I hope that you are a Kimberley fan too, Merry Christmas
Old 24-12-2012, 17:00
madetomeasure
Forum Member

Kimberley is streets ahead of Cheryl for the likeability factor. She'd down to earth, friendly, polite and I believed Pasha when he said she was a genuine person. I can't abide the girl group though and it shows Kimberley on her own is far more effective.
madetomeasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 17:06
dancefever
Forum Member

I do think that kimberely is the most talented out of all of girls aloud, she's done musical theatre which is one of the hardest things you can do in showbiz. She can sing, act and now dance like a pro. I also think she's the best singer in the band ( I also think she's the most beautiful ).
dancefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 03:03
lucy mane
Forum Member

She wants a career in the West End.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-west-end.html

Strictly has helped a lot of past contestants in that field.
lucy mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 22:22
TerryM22
Forum Member

Thank you for the link to Kimberley in The Sun lucy, I think it would be fabulous to see Kimberley back in The West End, she is very talented
Old 27-12-2012, 22:29
Old Bloke
Forum Member

You know what? I think she's going to be a big star!
Old Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 23:14
bornfree
Forum Member

No if won't maybe Kim is just a little too nice! He much preferes ruthless ones like Ms Cole
bornfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 23:26
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

You know what? I think she's going to be a big star!
Hope so.

There's something very likeable about her and she has talent.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 01:08
Cressida
Forum Member

I think the world is Kimberley' oyster whatever she decides to do.
Cressida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 06:45
Neil_Staton
Forum Member

100% agree.

Although I do find these "I hate cheryl cole" threads hilarious.
Neil_Staton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 07:02
jjackson42
Forum Member

/And yet another fantasy thread from Terry!!! *sigh*
jjackson42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 07:56
Tissy
Forum Member

I do think that kimberely is the most talented out of all of girls aloud, she's done musical theatre which is one of the hardest things you can do in showbiz. She can sing, act and now dance like a pro. I also think she's the best singer in the band ( I also think she's the most beautiful ).
Big fan then ?

I`ve always thought Nadine and Nicola were by far the best singers however having decent singing voices is no indication of future success as Cheryl Cole has proved.
Tissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 08:39
tpau21
Inactive Member

Hope she does become bigger and better. Kimble FTW
tpau21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 11:48
Steve9214
Forum Member

She has already done Shrek, maybe not an established actress enough to create a new role in a show, but she would certainly guarantee "bums on seats" in any touring production of a big West End show.

Unfortunately, Stricty is a quality brand so she has to be careful not to slip into the "Zeleb" category by doing too many more reality shows.

The Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief would really be the only other Reality-type telly she should do.
No Big Brother - no Jungle
Needs to get a lottery show gig maybe.
Pair her with someone like Harry Judd as co-presenters - then they both get a chance with less risk as both sets of fans would probably tune in and boost ratings.
Steve9214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 11:48
Skyrah
Forum Member

I didn't dislike Cheryl Cole at first, but being forced fed Cheryl in the tabloids and on TV 24/7 made me dislike her immensely.

If Simon gets his claws in Kimberley, I fear she will end up like Cheryl.
Skyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 13:06
CravenHaven
Forum Member

How about Kimbers signs Syco instead. She says "eff off, tosser" in a few hand movements.
Kimberley is all set for a west end run, from the back all you can see is lips and teeth.
CravenHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 19:55
lechatnoir
Forum Member

To be fair to Terry, there are a lot of people on the internet who like to pretend Cheryl is no longer popular despite evidence to the contrary (and for the record I have no particularly strong opinion on Cheryl one way or the other)

Big fan then ?

I`ve always thought Nadine and Nicola were by far the best singers however having decent singing voices is no indication of future success as Cheryl Cole has proved.
I always thought Nadine was the best singer and it was a toss up between Cheryl and Kimberley for worst.

But of course talent isn't always the most vital ingredient in the pop industry and Cheryl perhaps has the most important qualities; she's the most beautiful one and has the most star quality. It's not as though any of them are really, really talented though. Cheryl wasn't rising to the forefront at the expense of an Adele or Florence Welch so as somebody neutral towards Girls Aloud I can't see it as anything to get worked up over.

She has already done Shrek, maybe not an established actress enough to create a new role in a show, but she would certainly guarantee "bums on seats" in any touring production of a big West End show.

Unfortunately, Stricty is a quality brand so she has to be careful not to slip into the "Zeleb" category by doing too many more reality shows.

The Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief would really be the only other Reality-type telly she should do.
No Big Brother - no Jungle
Needs to get a lottery show gig maybe.
Pair her with someone like Harry Judd as co-presenters - then they both get a chance with less risk as both sets of fans would probably tune in and boost ratings.
Really?!? They'd be be the dullest presenting duo on Television!

But Kimberley strikes me as far too sensible to believe TV presenting would play to her strengths. I doubt it will happen.

That Mirror article just read as PR bluff. I doubt anything reported there was accurate, but Strictly should definitely help her obtain another West End role and maybe help with her album sales too. Without it that album would have sunk faster than Aliona's face when she's given another duffer next year!
lechatnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:24
Servalan
Forum Member

LOL!

I hardly think Simon Cowell's first thoughts will be with Kimerbley right now. His mind is more likely to be on how to turn around his ailing flagship show in the UK, which (thankfully) the British public appear to be tiring of ... *high-fives Martin Gore*
Servalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 00:19
JohnCurry
Forum Member

she sure set the ballroom on fire with her sizzling routines and is now reported to have been flooded with job offers. "
I believe that is called a mixed metaphor.
JohnCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 01:44
TerryM22
Forum Member

LOL!

I hardly think Simon Cowell's first thoughts will be with Kimerbley right now. His mind is more likely to be on how to turn around his ailing flagship show in the UK, which (thankfully) the British public appear to be tiring of ... *high-fives Martin Gore*
Kimberley could just be the girl Simon is looking for to turn around his flagship show in the UK, after her success on Strictly she is flying high Servalan