Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cher Lloyds two songs and album flying up US iTunes!

Old 26-12-2012, 15:20
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

Yesterday:
Oath - 59
Want U Back - 60
Sticks & Stone - 91

Today:
Oath - 46
Want U Back - 38
Sticks & Stone - 31

Wow! She is doing really well!
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-12-2012, 15:22
Barry_Clarke
Forum Member

Why has it went up really quickly, is it family members have been buying it as like a xmas present for their children i.e. cher's main appeal is the teen market ?
Barry_Clarke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 15:35
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

I noticed this too! Oath has always been hovering around the very bottom of the iTunes (top 100) chart even when she did the X Factor Performance and WUB hasn't been in the charts for ages but the past few days they've both started shooting up the charts! Maybe they're on a US TV advert?
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 15:41
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

Why has it went up really quickly, is it family members have been buying it as like a xmas present for their children i.e. cher's main appeal is the teen market ?
Well i thought that too, but then surely Rihanna, Katy Perry and Kesha would be the ones getting the boost, rather than Cher?

Sticks & Stones is above Rihanna's new album and Kesha's new album on itunes.
Old 26-12-2012, 15:42
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

I noticed this too! Oath has always been hovering around the very bottom of the iTunes (top 100) chart even when she did the X Factor Performance and WUB hasn't been in the charts for ages but the past few days they've both started shooting up the charts! Maybe they're on a US TV advert?
That's what i was thinking, because they started climbing a few days ago.
Old 26-12-2012, 16:40
rombod
Forum Member

It's a Legend Lloyd christmas, y'all! WUB is coming for that double platinum certification, Oath is thirsting after gold, the album is smashing through that 100k sales barrier.

Put out a Search & Rescue on your faves' careers. Thus far no luck.
rombod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 18:16
tj hazuki
Forum Member

Christmas iTunes gift card effect.

All the teens are buying Taylor Swift, Bieber, One Direction, etc
tj hazuki is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 20:02
Pimlico_Pass
Forum Member

Cher who?
Pimlico_Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 20:48
rombod
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

Finished fourth in 2010...

Third ever UK X-Factor export to achieve a top 10 album in the US and have a single go platinum, soon to be double platinum...

Releaser of the iconic Pink Diamond perfume whose sails exceeded predictions by 500%...

The Guardian newspaper's pick for best number 1 of 2011 and the acclaimed Mercury Music Prize...

Third biggest international success in the history of X Factor UK...

It's cute that you're on the X Factor forum and you don't know who she is... premature dementia is so adorable...
rombod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 21:03
supersnake
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

Third ever UK X-Factor export to achieve a top 10 album in the US and have a single go platinum, soon to be double platinum...

Releaser of the iconic Pink Diamond perfume whose sails exceeded predictions by 500%...

The Guardian newspaper's pick for best number 1 of 2011 and the acclaimed Mercury Music Prize...

It's cute that you're on the X Factor forum and you don't know who she is... premature dementia is so adorable...
and the award for the best comeback goes to
supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 21:04
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

Your replies are epic.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 22:21
Fatfeatheryowl
Forum Member

Your replies are epic.
So is her record deal ... I'll get me coat...
Fatfeatheryowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 22:37
paperplanes_
Forum Member

I'm not a huge fan but she's definitely done well for herself. She and one direction are possibly the most successful X Factor acts.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 22:47
LeonalewisJfan
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

Great reply! lmao he must be speechless, completely owned
LeonalewisJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 23:22
Bax1999
Forum Member

Id ask why but we all know the americans.
Bax1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 23:24
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

oras appeal only lasted for a day
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 01:31
outof thepark
Forum Member

I am pleased for cher that she beginning to make an impact in the US she seems to be working really hard and thats always a good thing
She was given a rough ride in the UK..and personally i dont think youth excuses everything but neither does her youth and image at the time on the x factor make her a bad person.
Does that make sense
outof thepark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 02:07
Dave0893
Forum Member

I'm not a huge fan but she's definitely done well for herself. She and one direction are possibly the most successful X Factor acts.
One Direction probably are, but Cher is nowhere near their sales or that of Leona's, she has had one hit so far in the US, so it is to early to say that.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 04:20
Antonio_Villela
Forum Member

One Direction probably are, but Cher is nowhere near their sales or that of Leona's, she has had one hit so far in the US, so it is to early to say that.
1 - 1D
2 - Leona
3 - Cher
Antonio_Villela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 05:11
vash1221
Forum Member

Niiice boost
vash1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 18:12
Fatfeatheryowl
Forum Member

I suppose this is all Xmas vouchers causing this boost and doubtless it's all a bit short term and will be gone in a few days. After all is said and done WUB is over seven months old and is at 36 now on us itunes and Oath (which has never really flown well) is at 50 even after these boosts as of this afternoon.

That said its a scary insight into the size of the American market and how you can sell some big absolute numbers when you realise were these on UK iTunes right now they'd be 4 and 5 respectively (source digitalsalesdata.com) and combined they are outselling James Arthur's total right now this hour at no 1.

Playing with numbers on one specific afternoon, I know, but it's keeping the bean counters happy I suppose.
Fatfeatheryowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 18:14
RyAn_?
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

BOOM.

Late entry for reply of the year
RyAn_? is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 19:16
Michelle32
Forum Member

Cher Lloyd...

Behind 1D and one hit wonder Leona Lewis - not much to shout about there.

Album not sold that much either given the market size.
Michelle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:44
vash1221
Forum Member

Cher's laughing all the way

I wonder if Swagger Jagger would get re-released but in America...
vash1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:57
LeonalewisJfan
Forum Member

Behind 1D and one hit wonder Leona Lewis - not much to shout about there.

Album not sold that much either given the market size.
Leonas had more than one hit
LeonalewisJfan is offline   Reply With Quote