Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jan 13 season starts

Old 26-12-2012, 20:21
ninjablossom
Forum Member

I can't see this else where so if theres a thread apologies.
Is there anything starting in Jan? Everything I read seems to state Spring

Last year didn't we have GOT, Spartacus and Mad Men? or am I making this up?
ninjablossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-12-2012, 21:02
Sallyjr
Forum Member

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
Sallyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 21:58
ninjablossom
Forum Member

thanks I was looking for the US start dates if anyone knows them.
Old 26-12-2012, 22:09
MoreTears
Forum Member

thanks I was looking for the US start dates if anyone knows them.

Jan. 8 -- Justified

Jan. 11 -- Banshee

Jan. 13 -- Shameless, Californication, House Of Lies

Jan.21 -- The Following

Jan. 25 -- Spartacus: War Of The Damned

Jan. 30 -- The Americans

Those are the ones I know about, anyway.
MoreTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 23:22
platelet
Forum Member

www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/1-2013
New starters in green
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 00:09
ninjablossom
Forum Member

thats fab - thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 09:03
zwixxx
Forum Member

re: Banshee - just caught ep1 and am very much impressed - probably helped by me not knowing a jot about the show beforehand -
Spoiler
zwixxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:37
MoreTears
Forum Member

re: Banshee - just caught ep1 and am very much impressed - probably helped by me not knowing a jot about the show beforehand -
Spoiler
You watched the show without having first sought out some information on it? I can't imagine undertaking to watch anything that way, especially something that has to be looked up on the internet.
MoreTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 16:52
zwixxx
Forum Member

You watched the show without having first sought out some information on it? I can't imagine undertaking to watch anything that way, especially something that has to be looked up on the internet.
Only CSINY and Fringe come out Sat Morn so I was open to trying something new, and it's a Cinemax show from the creator of True Blood which was enough to give it a go. - though to be honest I didn't see the TB connection until the final credits. - Saw their Strike Back show so new the kinda thing the channel does and fingers-crossed that this would have a similar feel.

AND within ~5mins you get that Motorcyclist thing that was so I knew I was in for the rest of the show.

I do love trying out a new show/movie without ANY info and discovering it'sa gem. Methinks there is a "market" for a bare-minimalism approach to reviews/descriptions of tvshows and movies - giving you just enough to conclude if it is a yay or nah withouth giving ANYFIN away about plot twists and the like. I can sorta get that by watching trailers without the sound but methinks someone out there could do it better.
Old 13-01-2013, 05:34
jaimesw
Forum Member

I knew nothing about Banshee either, saw it and thought I'd give it a watch as I had nothing better to do, was pleasantly surprised and will probably start to watch it every week now.
jaimesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 07:33
zwixxx
Forum Member

:internethighfive:
Old 13-01-2013, 11:22
007Fusion
Forum Member

Thanks for this. It reminded me of some shows which had slipped off my list, like the 'Transporter' series, which premiered without my knowledge.
007Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 11:53
platelet
Forum Member

Thanks for this. It reminded me of some shows which had slipped off my list, like the 'Transporter' series, which premiered without my knowledge.
It's an excellent site, and well worth setting an account up on so you can flag "your" shows and filter it to just your interest

I use the .ics feed in a calendar widget on my phone so I've got the weeks up and coming shows at a glance.

This page lists all the new inclusions, which I check occasionally. That was where I heard about Banshee for instance, and added it to my watch list.

Shows are added "by request" so the site is not definitive but I've yet to find something I watch that isn't on the list.
Old 13-01-2013, 13:06
zwixxx
Forum Member

^ just had a look at that site and (after a completely unthorough possibly flawed try) I must say I'm not impressed by the calendar option - the one that shows you what of your fav-shows are on on a specific day. Much prefer the way tvrage dot come does it = they do it in downward list form rather than this across type of affair like how calendars are. Also when you enlarge the screen to see things better (my eyes ain't wot they used to be) days go off the screen, but with tvrage's schedule nothing is lost, just made bigger - but it's horses for courses as the saying goes.

what I got today from tvrage -> http://i49.tinypic.com/10glp52.jpg
Old 13-01-2013, 13:13
silentNate
Forum Member

The Following looks awesome and it's great to see Kevin Williamson still working in TV... can't wait!!!
silentNate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 13:25
platelet
Forum Member

^ just had a look at that site and (after a completely unthorough possibly flawed try) I must say I'm not impressed by the calendar option - the one that shows you what of your fav-shows are on on a specific day. Much prefer the way tvrage dot come does it = they do it in downward list form rather than this across type of affair like how calendars are. Also when you enlarge the screen to see things better (my eyes ain't wot they used to be) days go off the screen, but with tvrage's schedule nothing is lost, just made bigger - but it's horses for courses as the saying goes.

what I got today from tvrage -> http://i49.tinypic.com/10glp52.jpg
Yeah, valid comments, and little point in switching if TV rage gives you all you need anyway, but if you do still want to play...

There are half a dozen flavours of setting on the calendar, that may make it easier to read.

there's also a downward "next airing" view that is simpler and zoom friendly:
http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/next-airing
Old 13-01-2013, 14:20
zwixxx
Forum Member

- just one thing though, it doesn't appear to have a discussion forum.
Old 13-01-2013, 14:29
platelet
Forum Member

- just one thing though, it doesn't appear to have a discussion forum.
Ah well, for that we have here
Old 13-01-2013, 14:43
zwixxx
Forum Member

Ah well, for that we have here
Doh!!
Old 14-01-2013, 19:20
LostFool
Forum Member

Good to have House of Lies back. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I really enjoy it - mind you, I'd watch Kristen Bell read the phone book.
LostFool is offline   Reply With Quote