Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition: What's the diffrence?

Old 28-12-2012, 18:10
TV King

I already have the Original Grand Turismo 5 which I brought at work on release day but I would like to know the following?

What is the diffrence between the original Grand Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition?

And is it worth me buying Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition if I already have the original Grand Turismo 5?
TV King is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-12-2012, 19:03
gother
Forum Member

you get all the dlc with acadamy edition. You could trade your copy of gt5 towards gt5 acadamy edition. You can pick it up new these days for £15.
gother is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:16
MartinImber
Forum Member

All the patches as well
MartinImber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:42
TV King

Thank you both for your very kind help.

I might actually buy Grand Turismo 5 Acadamy Edition if as you say it includes all the DLC content.

I won't be able to trade in my copy of the original Grand Turismo 5 as I stupidly bind the case it came in but it does not matter as at the time the game only cost me under £1 because I had lots of Tesco club card vouchers and my 10% staff discount.

I will probably just give it to my brother who only just recently brought him self a second hand fat PS3 off a relative.

Does anyone know what DLC is included in Grand Turismo 5 Acadamy Edition?
Old 30-12-2012, 10:17
TV King

Does anyone know what DLC is included in Grand Turismo 5 Acadamy Edition?

I would really appreciate the very kind help.
Old 30-12-2012, 10:28
OMTT
Forum Member

It is all the DLC that's been released http://m.uk.playstation.com/news/detail/item520041/
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:32
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

Does this help?

The game has been re-mastered from the original to include all functionality updates since launch as well as bonus DLC – including more than 30 extra vehicles and 3 new courses plus paint packs and racing gear. The game will also include a special new Nissan GT-R driven in the Nürburgring 24H race by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi with team-mate Lucas Ordoñez, the first GT Academy winner.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:52
TV King

Thank you for the very kind help.

I will deffenatly be buying Grand Turismo 5 Acadamy Edition.

Thanks again.
Old 21-01-2013, 11:49
TV King

I brought Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition and used the code provided in the box to download the DLC content.

But yesterday I went in to Game Data Utility and saw Grand Turismo 5 which had a date going back to November last year so I thought that this was linked to my old original copy of Grand Turismo 5 which I brought on launch day so I deleted it.

But now when I try and play Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition
I am asked if I want to install a new update and install the game to the HDD to reduce loading times.

When I eventually get on to the game and go to arcade mode the DLC content is not there any more which is new tracks and cars that I downloaded using the code that was provided in the box.

When I go to Save Data Utility (PS3) Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition is on there and says that my current car is Toyota 86 GT'12 which is one of the DLC cars.

So is there for me to be able to redownload the Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition DLC?
Old 21-01-2013, 12:06
OMTT
Forum Member

Go into the store where you download demos etc & on the left hand side near the bottom, you'll see a link for downloaded items & you'll be able to download the content again from the list
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 18:21
TV King

Thank you OMTT for your very kind help. When I Finnish work I will go and download them again. Thanks once again.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20
Hotbird
Forum Member

Just to clarify all the DLC for this game comes through a code in the box and is Not on the disc?

So a preowned purchase is a no no if I want the DLC.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 22:20
steven123
Forum Member

Just to clarify all the DLC for this game comes through a code in the box and is Not on the disc?

So a preowned purchase is a no no if I want the DLC.
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'd really like to know the answer to this too, as I want to get all the DLC for GT5 but totting it all up on the store it actually costs a fair bit so was thinking of picking up a cheap used copy of GT5 academy on eBay as a sneaky way of getting all the GT5 DLC on the cheap while selling my old GT5 for a few quid but if it is a single use code I can't see that working
steven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 23:32
Conroy
Forum Member

You can buy it brand new for under £13, why buy it used?
Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote