Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Favourite Avenger?

Old 30-12-2012, 18:21
RebelScum
Forum Member

Oh boy, where to start...

A guy with a bow who can telepathically communicate with Iron Man (seriously, watch the scene when he's on the rooftop, they have no communications devices yet he is able to talk to Stark...it's really odd)
It's not odd, it's technology. As already mentioned he was wearing an earpiece - something we've seen before, just like in the movie Thor when he was communicating with agent Coulson as Thor attempted to remove the hammer.

A girl with no discernable "powers" (being able to instantly shoot an alien weapon she has never seen before is not really special...how sexist is Marvel that the only female avenger is the weakest one?)
You're saying Whedon is sexist?? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is. Anyway, what makes you think she's the weakest....take away the suit, or the bow and arrow, and she could easy beat both Stark and Hawkeye.

The Impossible Hulk (who miraculously appears, on cue on a motorbike the second he's needed and destroys the entire lore of the character in three seconds by deciding he can "hulk-out" whenever is suits him).
As seen at the end of The Incredible Hulk movie.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-12-2012, 20:23
deano0501

Hawkeye for me! Been a fan of his for many years.

Also a big fan of Ant-Man/Giant Man/YellowJacket or whatever you want to call him.
Ant-Man is now the alter ego of Scott Lang.

While the original, Hank Pym, is now Yellowjacket

Having watched the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes series on DisneyXD, I've found a liking for Dr. Pym too. Especially the episode when he grew to Giant-Man and booted the Abomination away like a football.
deano0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:18
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Hulk for me.I like all of them though except Iron Man.Maybe it's because I've never liked Downey jr.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:51
treme
Inactive Member

Probably Purdey.
treme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:56
gemma-the-husky
Forum Member

my favourite was Tara ...

"boom de ay", Steed said once

Although I think you have a different avengers in mind.
gemma-the-husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 20:29
Snozzcumber
Forum Member

Not really a fan of most comic book movies, but Thor/Chris Hemsworth could smite me with his hammer any time. >_>
Snozzcumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 21:35
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Captain America, because Chris Evans is a likeable guy

Tony Stark is too much of a douche to like. Hulk is boring. Chris Hemsworth has the charisma of a tree, and Scarlett Johanssen is.....well.....Scarlett Johanssen. Great norks, but has the personality of a....I guess another tree.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 21:49
Parthenon
Forum Member

Thor. I liked his film the most and found him the funniest of the lot.

I liked Edward Norton as Hulk... not so sold on Mark Ruffalo. I find Iron Man and Captain America pretty boring, they're comparatively weak and don't add much to the team. Scarlett Johansson is nice to look at but Black Widow didn't impress me.
Parthenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:30
LeonJefferson
Forum Member

I love Thor because Norse mythology is attractive.
LeonJefferson is offline   Reply With Quote