Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

James Arthur continues to make a fool of himself on Twitter

Old 28-12-2012, 20:29
_elly001
Forum Member

@JamesArthur23: Can't wait to show some of these f***ing pessimists how wrong they are in there comments made about me.. How much do they know about music?!

Hmm, so anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of a basic guy with basic vocals and basic abilities that somehow managed to win an entertainment show that can't guarantee any long term success doesn't know anything about music?

Well, I guess I and many others are musically clueless. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways, Mr Arthur.
_elly001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-12-2012, 20:36
my name is joe
Forum Member

sentences with the wrong their/there/they're variation in them are incomprehensible to me....what's he trying to say
my name is joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:36
JustArun
Forum Member

LOL I'm guessing he's read DS lately.
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:38
diamond1
Forum Member

I can see the point he's trying to make but he has such a nasty, angry, aggressive, confrontational way of putting things

plus he comes across egotistical, entitled and rude ... he seems as rough as a badger's a*se and not particularly nice
diamond1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:40
Last Request
Inactive Member

James has completely let his nice guy mask slip now. Let's see how his fans try to defend his actions this time round.
Last Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:46
_elly001
Forum Member

I can see the point he's trying to make but he has such a nasty, angry, aggressive, confrontational way of putting things

plus he comes across egotistica, entitledl and rude ... he seems as rough as a badger's a*se and not particularly nice
Exactly. If he'd said 'wait for my music before you judge my abilities', fair enough. But his implication here, that anyone who 'hates' on him doesn't know anything about music, is utterly false and self-centred.
Old 28-12-2012, 20:49
String9
Forum Member

@JamesArthur23: Can't wait to show some of these f***ing pessimists how wrong they are in there comments made about me.. How much do they know about music?!

Hmm, so anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of a basic guy with basic vocals and basic abilities that somehow managed to win an entertainment show that can't guarantee any long term success doesn't know anything about music?

Well, I guess I and many others are musically clueless. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways, Mr Arthur.

As you said a few weeks ago, if Aiden Grimshaw can flop, you see no reason why James shouldn't. You can't blame him if you don't understand him.

Also this is his personal twitter, why have a go at him for expressing his feelings? Seems a bit strange to follow tweets from someone you loathe so much.
String9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:54
JustArun
Forum Member

As you said a few weeks ago, if Aiden Grimshaw can flop, you see no reason why James shouldn't. You can't blame him if you don't understand him.

Also this is his personal twitter, why have a go at him for expressing his feelings? Seems a bit strange to follow tweets from someone you loathe so much.
No, but it shows him unprofessional he is. There are artists who get so much more hatred than he does yet they do not resort to something as unprofessional as writing statuses.

He could have gone about it another way, a simple 'I'll prove you all wrong...' would have been enough. He has to remember that he is now someone who's in the public's eye and believe it or not some of the younger generation may look up to him...
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 20:57
_elly001
Forum Member

I don't follow him, someone in my twitter who liked him when me was on the show commented on what a dick he was being, so I took all of 5 seconds to click and read the tweet in question. Equally, I could ask you why you bother to come into a clearly negative thread if you like him.

And why bring Aiden into this? What does he have to do with anything?
Old 28-12-2012, 20:58
Microkorg
Forum Member

Bloke's a prick
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 21:04
staceyxxx23
Forum Member

He's right though, people should give him a chance before they make ridiculous comments.
staceyxxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 21:11
LoveBug.
Forum Member

He's gassed himself up to ridiculous levels.
LoveBug. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 21:15
_elly001
Forum Member

He's right though, people should give him a chance before they make ridiculous comments.
Big difference between asking for a chance and putting people down because they don't happen to like what you've done so far.
Old 28-12-2012, 21:29
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Just give it a year. He'll have disappeared by X Factor 2013.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 21:53
*Liya*
Forum Member

There are many rude tweets, attacking him personally...some people lash out and speak their mind on their twitter.

I don't really see what he has done wrong here. I like people who let their feelings out instead of worrying about how they may look to others. Just because he's now famous....doesn't mean that he should take abuse and say nothing back....
*Liya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:02
ESTK
Forum Member

No, he's the one who has to prove something, until he does please go with criticism and don't act like diva. I'm starting to dislike this guy more and more

There are many rude tweets, attacking him personally...some people lash out and speak their mind on their twitter.
Like to any other artist nowadays.
ESTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:26
beatingchastard
Forum Member

I must admit it is nice to see an artist being honest on twitter rather than the fake rubbish management teams usually post
beatingchastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:36
ESTK
Forum Member

how is not answering back anything is being dishonest? It's called professionalism
ESTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:25
grimtales1
Forum Member

There's a way of showing he's a better person than people who he thinks misjudged him - if he said "I'll prove you all wrong and then you judge me" fair enough, but implying he's better than anyone else, and anyone who doesnt like him or his voice/music or whatever, "doesnt know anything about music", he's just shown himself to be a graceless cock.
He delivers his points in a rude and nasty way
I don't like him.
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:32
BobbyMcGee
Forum Member

Erm have you not heard some of the bile some of you lot throw out on here? He has said nothing different than what this forum does.
BobbyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:34
Stormwave UK
Forum Member

Wow, I don't like his music, so I mustn't have a clue. After all, I like classical music, am a pianist and a drummer, I did GCSE music. I've got around 20,000 MP3s, pretty much all legal.

I think it might be the other way around.
Stormwave UK is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:34
BobbyMcGee
Forum Member

And think about the reason why he had to tweet that in the first place..
BobbyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:35
Stormwave UK
Forum Member

And think about the reason why he had to tweet that in the first place..
Because he's arrogant and can't tolerate critics?
Stormwave UK is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:40
grimtales1
Forum Member

Since he is now "famous" he should conduct himself with dignity and grace, he's not exactly endearing is he? Comes across as an arrogant tosser imo.
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:45
Crabbie123
Forum Member

He seems hyper sensitive - he is going to have to develop a thick skin very quickly, if he wants to survive in the music industry.

Anyone know what he was responding to?
Crabbie123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote