Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

how does the wii u remote connect to the wii u?

Old 29-12-2012, 21:09
Keiō Line
Inactive Member

Is there anyway to boost the signal?

Loving the streaming of netflix to the device, but if only it could reach the other room.
Keiō Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 18:21
technoflare
Forum Member

I believe it is a kind of Wifi signal but not exactly the same as normal Wifi. I have looked high and low for an answer on boosting signal to no avail as yet. I have tried to move my unit so improve things, best to have it away from walls and other obstructions but this has had limited results. I would hope that a solution comes out eventually...
technoflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 02:31
WellHiddenMark
Forum Member

I thought it was Bluetooth rather than wifi. The functionality of the Wii U controller would suggest it is at least v3.0 but possibly v.4.0
WellHiddenMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:42
Davonator
Forum Member

It's Bluetooth.
Davonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 13:22
frankie_baby
Forum Member

Its not, its a customised version of Wi-Fi direct

There has been hints that some sort of signal extender may be possible in the future, but we'll probably be waiting a long time (if ever)
frankie_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 13:55
brobinso
Forum Member

It's definitely wi-fi but uses a different frequency than standard wireless routers to try and avoid conflicts.
The range on mine is pretty poor, only get about 2 metres reliably so I really hope there's a software update coming to improve this.
brobinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 15:34
frankie_baby
Forum Member

It's definitely wi-fi but uses a different frequency than standard wireless routers to try and avoid conflicts.
The range on mine is pretty poor, only get about 2 metres reliably so I really hope there's a software update coming to improve this.
thats pretty screwed up, do you have your wii u in a lead cabinet or something?
frankie_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 22:27
OMTT
Forum Member

5GHz wifi according to this http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=s722281
OMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 02:58
geordielady
Forum Member

The range on ours is at least 30 feet.
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 10:25
brobinso
Forum Member

thats pretty screwed up, do you have your wii u in a lead cabinet or something?
Hardly! On a TV cabinet with AV receiver, PS3, NAS, Freeview Box, Wireless Router, and TV. Sofa is about 1.5m away and sometimes if I put my hand in between the controller and console it will lose connection
brobinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 10:44
SimonB79
Forum Member

Hardly! On a TV cabinet with AV receiver, PS3, NAS, Freeview Box, Wireless Router, and TV. Sofa is about 1.5m away and sometimes if I put my hand in between the controller and console it will lose connection
My Wiiu is in a spare upstairs bedroom & i play it in the living room downstairs (using the gamepad) without any problems whatsoever ... Maybe ya machine is faulty?
SimonB79 is online now   Reply With Quote