Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2013, 18:24
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

Chill, I was only pointing out how well they have done today.
Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 40)
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-08-2013, 18:25
Tribec
Forum Member

First

It seems that Rooney, Nani and Vidic all scored in a run out this afternoon in a behind closed door friendly with Real Betis. We can make of it what we want, but it's good to see them 3 on the score sheet, even if it's possible that 2 of them might not be here by the start of the season proper.
Old 03-08-2013, 18:30
law10
Inactive Member

There's no way a side like Wigan are going to beat a team full of title-winning, multi-million pound internationals. Never going to happen.
Old 03-08-2013, 18:36
TheMunch
Forum Member

There's no way a side like Wigan are going to beat a team full of title-winning, multi-million pound internationals. Never going to happen.
Is that sarcasm (because of the fact that they beat City in the FA cup final)?
Old 03-08-2013, 18:39
O'Neill
Forum Member

Hopefully David Moyes picks a strong side against Wigan, I know it's only the Community Shield, but still a great chance to win silverware early on.
Old 03-08-2013, 18:50
Flukie
Forum Member

First

It seems that Rooney, Nani and Vidic all scored in a run out this afternoon in a behind closed door friendly with Real Betis. We can make of it what we want, but it's good to see them 3 on the score sheet, even if it's possible that 2 of them might not be here by the start of the season proper.
I bet all 3 wll be there at the start of the season.
And beyond.
Old 03-08-2013, 18:53
Flukie
Forum Member

Hopefully David Moyes picks a strong side against Wigan, I know it's only the Community Shield, but still a great chance to win silverware early on.
Probably the football media will treat Moyes first proper game as if it's the European Cup Final.
Old 03-08-2013, 19:12
kendoguk
Forum Member

Spurs 5-1 Down to Monaco why would bale stay
Old 03-08-2013, 19:12
batdude_uk1
Forum Member

Ohh a shiny new thread!
Old 03-08-2013, 19:15
batdude_uk1
Forum Member

First

Technically I was first!

It always good to see our players getting a good run out, and some match practice, which helps their fitness.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:23
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

Moyes needs to nip Fabregas in the bud and just bid 45 million as a few posters have been saying for the past week - 30-35 million won't do. We need offer them a figure that will seriously tempt them. It does seem like Fabregas is interested from Martino's comments on the BBC article. Hopefully, he will do his part to push the transfer through as I think a lot depends on what he wants to do.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:31
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

Spurs 5-1 Down to Monaco why would bale stay
Seriously? I know it's a just a meaningless friendly, but that's brutal .

It's a bit insane to think that only last season Monaco were playing in the French First Division (Ligue 2) with below average players, and now they have this super-team which is beating the likes of Tottenham comfortably. How fast things can change when you have money on your side .
Old 03-08-2013, 20:47
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

A new thread - poo I have been out all afternoon.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:48
Flukie
Forum Member

It's a bit insane to think that only last season Monaco were playing in the French First Division (Ligue 2) with below average players, and now they have this super-team which is beating the likes of Tottenham comfortably. How fast things can change when you have money on your side .
Result was 5-2.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:54
O'Neill
Forum Member

I agree, if your going to spend to get success then it's best to spend big, it almost guarantees success.
Old 03-08-2013, 21:36
NorthernNinny
Forum Member

A new thread - poo I have been out all afternoon.
Me too. Went to the other OT and sat near 4 blokes dressed as Mel B (from that Avid Merrion show or whatever it was called).

I was seriously impressed,they'd even accessorised with handbags. The big chunky blokey shoes were a bit clumsy looking though.
Old 03-08-2013, 21:58
Tribec
Forum Member

Me too. Went to the other OT and sat near 4 blokes dressed as Mel B (from that Avid Merrion show or whatever it was called).

I was seriously impressed,they'd even accessorised with handbags. The big chunky blokey shoes were a bit clumsy looking though.
I was in Liverpool most of the day, but still managed to get back to be first... Batty, yours is quote...

Wasn't impressed by the traffic jams trying to get into pool, Stevie G has a lot to answer for.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:24
Jamesp84
Forum Member

I was there yesterday, there were some proper sights on display. The daily fancy dress competition was won by a stag party from Birmingham who'd dressed the groom as a horse, and the other 10 or so of them as jockeys They got their photo taken on the outfield at tea.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:25
big brother 9
Forum Member

Woo hoo a new thread
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 03-08-2013, 22:26
Jim De Ville
Forum Member

I agree, if your going to spend to get success then it's best to spend big, it almost guarantees success.
To a degree.

Having said that, despite some success neither Chelsea or City have managed to topple us yet.

It gets you up there, but it doesn't guarantee success.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:38
Jim De Ville
Forum Member

Note to Brendan:

'Bale and Suarez were arguably the two best players, last season'.

Did either win the Golden Boot, or the Premier League title? No, thought not.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:46
NorthernNinny
Forum Member

I was there yesterday, there were some proper sights on display. The daily fancy dress competition was won by a stag party from Birmingham who'd dressed the groom as a horse, and the other 10 or so of them as jockeys They got their photo taken on the outfield at tea.
A 4 man bob sleigh team won the fancy dress today but tbh those blokes near me were good. They got a few wolf whistles too. The blokes dressed as monkeys chasing a bloke dressed as a banana up and down one of the aisles made me laugh.

We were sat near a large group of Aussies. My husband reckoned he saw that ex Aussie cricketer with the big moustache in amongst them. We were sat near where the cameramen/players come onto the field.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:57
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

Result was 5-2.
Thanks.

PSG and Monaco will be dangerous in the Champions League this season. Still, I think if we sort out our midfield - we will be up there with Bayern, Barca and Real.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:59
Jim De Ville
Forum Member

Thanks.

PSG and Monaco will be dangerous in the Champions League this season. Still, I think if we sort out our midfield - we will be up there with Bayern, Barca and Real.
Monaco won't be in the Champions League, this season.
Old 03-08-2013, 23:02
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

Monaco won't be in the Champions League, this season.
Yeah, sorry, I meant "in the coming years" rather than "this season". Monaco have of course just been promoted to Ligue 1. But I do expect to see them competing for the french title along with PSG this season, so no doubt they will join PSG in the CL soon enough.

Closed Thread