Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What was your last album/artist/single obsession?

Old 30-12-2012, 04:16
PencilBreath
Forum Member

You know I mean that track/album what ever that you just couldn't stop listening to over & over for like weeks?

Me = 16 Bit Lolitas.

(^Totally suitable for work^)

Happy new year!!!
PencilBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-12-2012, 09:39
Robertfitz
Forum Member

I had a really unhealthy obsession with Jessie J when I first discovered her on Youtube. Her voice just sent me into a state of awe every time I heard her sing. This was long before she released anything and I always used to show her off to people saying 'this girls guna be huge'. When she did release Who You Are I could not stop playing it

Then she threw away her integrity with domino/laserlight and I lost respect for her. Js
Robertfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:08
sjp07
Forum Member

I had a really unhealthy obsession with Jessie J when I first discovered her on Youtube. Her voice just sent me into a state of awe every time I heard her sing. This was long before she released anything and I always used to show her off to people saying 'this girls guna be huge'. When she did release Who You Are I could not stop playing it

Then she threw away her integrity with domino/laserlight and I lost respect for her. Js
She threw away her integrity with two songs from a repack? One of which was written while she had a broken foot and was heavily borrowed from the late, great Whitney Houston. Did you not listen to my shadow? Second best song on the album IMO and that was also a part of the repack. How can two songs make you give up on somebody? If her second album is full of that, then I'd get it, but a repack? Come on, now.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:13
sjp07
Forum Member

Anyway, I currently have an unhealthy obsession with Daley's mix tape. I have had it for a couple months now and all of the songs are already in my to 25 most played. I listen to it at least twice a day. It's just so darn good. I listened to Sara Ramirez's EP nonstop when it came out, and I think that's about it for my super unhealthy obsessions. Oh, and 5 down and Without You by Jessie J have been played numerous times this year. Daley's mix tape has to be the biggest, though.
Old 30-12-2012, 10:16
Robertfitz
Forum Member

She threw away her integrity with two songs from a repack? One of which was written while she had a broken foot and was heavily borrowed from the late, great Whitney Houston. Did you not listen to my shadow? Second best song on the album IMO and that was also a part of the repack. How can two songs make you give up on somebody? If her second album is full of that, then I'd get it, but a repack? Come on, now.
I was just stating my opinion. I didn't say I was giving up on her, I said I lost respect for her
Old 30-12-2012, 10:19
Robertfitz
Forum Member

Without You by Jessie J
Now that is something I can agree with. First time I heard it, it genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Her leaked stuff tends to be better then her actual album material
Old 30-12-2012, 10:20
MissMusique
Forum Member

I've been playing Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds so much over the past few weeks - I only discovered it in November but since then I think I've learnt all the words now and watched several of her performances on youtube! Love this album
MissMusique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:20
sjp07
Forum Member

I was just stating my opinion. I didn't say I was giving up on her, I said I lost respect for her
I got it. You aren't the first to say it. The way I see it, it's just two songs. People praise artists up and down who have mostly filler albums. That was a pretty solid album and the songs people criticized most were ironically her biggest hits.
Old 30-12-2012, 10:23
sjp07
Forum Member

Now that is something I can agree with. First time I heard it, it genuinely brought a tear to my eye. Her leaked stuff tends to be better then her actual album material
Probably because those songs were all years old barr domino and Laserlight, whereas a few of the leaked ones were newer and actually showed her as a decent songwriter. The original version of Big White Room was also better and less repetitive before she changed the lyrics. I saw a video of her singing it a long time ago, I'm sure it's still on YouTube somewhere.

EDIT

Btw, have you seen this? From when she was still trying to be an MC and singer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfjo...9RccBOouxAhMDw
Old 30-12-2012, 10:40
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

Ellie Goulidng been a huge fan since i first heard he rin 09 and have had a long standing love with her debut album but nits been surpassed by her second album Halcyon and i'm just totally obsessed with her she's just briliant.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:44
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Lady Gaga in 2009. As soon as I heard 'Just Dance' I loved it, and of course 'Poker Face'.

I still love her and her music but her fanbase is so big now that it's sort of changed the "feel" of her making her way onto the scene etc.
tracystapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:54
lolly-licker
Forum Member

I can listen to Ed Sheeran's + over and over again, but September 2011 I didn't have it off for about a month
Birdy's Birdy was good for repeat listening (great for wallowing after break ups btw ) and Emeli Sandé too. But no, Ed Sheeran.
lolly-licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:35
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

The second I heard 'Hollywood' by Marina & The Diamonds I knew I would love her. I played The Family Jewels for a long time and by the time I was getting sick of it, Radioactive came out and the Electra Heart campaign started. Then the circle started all over again.
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:37
LilNikki1987
Forum Member

I have a few albums I'm hooked on right now:

The Killers- Battle Born
Alicia Keys- Girl On Fire
Florence + The Machine- Lungs/Ceremonials
Paloma Faith- Fall To Grace/Do You Want The Truth
P!nk- The Truth About Love

Nikki
LilNikki1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:59
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

My last/current obsessions are Cece Frey, Cassadee Pope and Ke$ha.

But my all time obsessions/who I stan for are Rihanna, Cher Lloyd, Little Mix, Beyonce, Rita Ora and Vince Kidd.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:08
Robertfitz
Forum Member

Probably because those songs were all years old barr domino and Laserlight, whereas a few of the leaked ones were newer and actually showed her as a decent songwriter. The original version of Big White Room was also better and less repetitive before she changed the lyrics. I saw a video of her singing it a long time ago, I'm sure it's still on YouTube somewhere.

EDIT

Btw, have you seen this? From when she was still trying to be an MC and singer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfjo...9RccBOouxAhMDw
Omg. I always class myself as a huge Jessie J fan. Any unreleased leaked material and any pre record contract changes I normally know of. But I've never seen that! That rap is amazing. Is their a full version at all?
Old 30-12-2012, 12:46
FanFromHolland
Forum Member

Right now it's Ke$ha and Loreen
FanFromHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:53
_BollyKnickers_
Forum Member

Lana del Rey - Ride
_BollyKnickers_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:04
PopularCulture
Forum Member

I'm pretty picky but the last songs to make a huge impact on me were paparazzi by lady g and remedy by little boots
PopularCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:41
Cake Or Death
Forum Member

Currently bit obsessed with Le Tigre's debut album - excellent punky, feminist pop.
Disappointed I missed out on them while they were around.

Deceptacon
Cake Or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:54
pinkbigbrother
Forum Member

Stooshe- When Love Me was released I listened to them singing an accapella version of Black Heart and I loved their voices. Then months later I started watching/listening to them on youtube and ended up loving them and their songs and I went to their tour earlier this month.
pinkbigbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 14:14
Rose-Addict
Forum Member

Leona Lewis - Glassheart (album)
Rose-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 14:41
lovelife7292
Forum Member

Album = Lianne La Havas - Is Your Love Big Enough. Every song is so listenable and she has one of the best voices of the last decade
Single = Imagine Dragons - Radioactive. Epic song, cannot wait for their album
Artist/Act = Alicia Keys. After purchasing her latest album Girl On Fire i have listened to pratically her whole back catalogue, from Fallin' to Another Way To Die
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 15:30
little-monster
Forum Member

Lana Del Rey has been my obsession since October 2011 and it continues to grow.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 15:33
thierrynadal
Forum Member

Bigbang- The song Bad boy got me into them and i haven't looked back since.
thierrynadal is offline   Reply With Quote