Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Glee Sky 1 pace (No umarked spoilers)

Old 31-12-2012, 11:08
LudwigVonDrake
Forum Member

Couldn't find the old thread, so I thought I better start a new one for the few of us that still watch at UK pace.

Don't forget, 8pm January 6th, Sky 1.

And, I'm not against spoilers per se, so long as they're hidden.
LudwigVonDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43
Englishspinner
Forum Member

Couldn't find the old thread, so I thought I better start a new one for the few of us that still watch at UK pace.

Don't forget, 8pm January 6th, Sky 1.

And, I'm not against spoilers per se, so long as they're hidden.
Thanks for the heads up, though the gleefest on Sky 1 at lunchtimes at the moment is a pretty big clue, too. Jeez some of those Series 3 episodes played back to back are pretty icky, though unless my Skyplus is playing up they've missed the gay teen sex First Time ep, The morals of the nation are safe with Sky, then.
Englishspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 18:38
LudwigVonDrake
Forum Member

Its not like you saw anything with that episode, but no doubt they are hedging their bets and avoiding the inevitable complaint from someone who gets their pants in a bunch over it.
Old 02-01-2013, 20:07
jenilou88
Forum Member

Thanks for the heads up, though the gleefest on Sky 1 at lunchtimes at the moment is a pretty big clue, too. Jeez some of those Series 3 episodes played back to back are pretty icky, though unless my Skyplus is playing up they've missed the gay teen sex First Time ep, The morals of the nation are safe with Sky, then.
Yeah, that episode never makes the lunchtime repeats, nor does On My Way.
jenilou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 20:49
Anti Static
Forum Member

I noticed in today's repeat, in the scene where Sam and Mercedes go to see Emma about their mutual attraction for each other and she gives them one of her pamphlets to look at, the shot of the pamphlet title had been cut. If memory serves me right it was something like 'When you already have a boyfriend but still act like a ho'. Seems like Sky thought that was a bit too spicy for daytime TV.
Anti Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 22:20
misslibertine
Forum Member

The one where Rachel and Finn / Kurt and Blaine first sleep together? I've definitely seen it this past week, but a couple of episodes were shown at like 1am so perhaps it was one of the ones shown then.
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 18:20
Gizmo210688
Forum Member

Yeah, a few of the Season 3 episodes could be classed as being a little bit too risque for daytime TV. Particularly the episodes that deal with (spoilers just in case people haven't caught up).

Spoiler

Having watched through all of Season 3 thanks to getting the box set for Christmas, I enjoyed it a lot more second time round (the stop start scheduling on Sky1 in order to keep it in line with episode air dates in the US probably didn't help matters either).

Very much looking forward to Season 4 tonight though. Managed to avoid spoilers from Facebook, Twitter and the web in general.
Gizmo210688 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 20:05
LudwigVonDrake
Forum Member

Well that was a promising enough start. Quite like the new additions, Marley (and her mum) and Rachel's new roommate.
Old 06-01-2013, 20:16
MrEdgarFinchley
Forum Member

Well that was a promising enough start. Quite like the new additions, Marley (and her mum) and Rachel's new roommate.
Much better than I feared, though I'm expecting Kate Hudson will annoy me almost to Paltrow levels in a couple of weeks..

Not sure what Kitty does, other than be a charmless version of Quinn. Why does Wade/Unique's need for expression involve dressing up as an elderly woman extra in Dynasty circa 1985? I'm sure these will all be answered in due course.
MrEdgarFinchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 21:02
LudwigVonDrake
Forum Member

^Not a huge fan of Wade myself either. And Kitty, well I guess she's becoming the defacto bully/villain - especially as Sue is now with baby. BTW anyone think that was a throwaway scene. Just one mention and then nothing after.
Old 06-01-2013, 21:25
Anti Static
Forum Member

Am I the only one who liked Jake? Ok, I know we're going to have the runaround for an episode or two, just like we did with Puck, before Jake comes to his senses and joins the ND, but since he seems to have a crush on Marley already it shouldn't take too long.

I thought the scenes at McKinley and NY went quite well together and didn't jar like I feared they would. Unfortunately I've got a feeling I'm going to tire of Wade/Unique rather quickly. Still, a good start IMHO and my favourite song of the episode was Blaine's version of 'It's Time'

Was there no mention at all about what happened to Rory or did I miss it? Are we just meant to assume his visa story from last season was true?
Anti Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 23:11
geordielady
Forum Member

Could not believe how bad the PQ was on sky1hd, and they call that HD
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:39
Englishspinner
Forum Member

The Good

1. Rachel without Finn is about 1 million percent better.
2. New York State of Mind - for once I really enjoyed Lea's vocals, for some reason I prefer the way she tones down the histrionics and vocal catches when she does girl duets.
3. The new Glee club looks to be more fun than the old one was at times.
4. The traditional season opener on the steps outside - could have done with some blazing pianos though
5. The Jazz Ensemble never graduated, though the pianist seems to have.
6. Thank goodness Kurt's gone to NY - him being back at McKinley was creepy.

The not so good

1. I thought this at the end of S3 - none of the remaining Glee Club seniors (Artie/Kevin excepted) have the acting skills to hold centre stage. Hope some of the newbies will.
2. Sue's baby - enough, already
3. Mr Schu is still a jerk.
4. Nowhere near enough Sugar
5. The enormous Santana-sized gap in the whole show.
Englishspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 14:57
Stansfield
Forum Member

Great start, and Marley reminded me of Katharine McPhee from Smash.

Kate Hudson too I liked.
Could not believe how bad the PQ was on sky1hd, and they call that HD
Didn't notice the PQ but the sound was pumping....very good.
Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 15:12
LudwigVonDrake
Forum Member

5. The Jazz Ensemble never graduated, though the pianist seems to have.
I wonder what happened to the old pianist (n the show).

4. Nowhere near enough Sugar
I have to disagree, there was far too much of her for my taste.

Didn't notice the PQ but the sound was pumping....very good.
Sound was ok, but they still can't seem to get the lip sync during the songs down right. Been the same since the pilot.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11
Madal
Forum Member

Saw it last night (recorded via TIVO) and enjoyed it. Not sure about Kate Hudson, but we will see - Marley and Jake seem to be some good additions. It appears the ND is getting smaller, less storylines in the school since they have got to cover NY.

I think that Sugar has to go, but then there are always characters that I don't like!!
Madal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18
koantemplation
Forum Member

I think that Sugar has to go, but then there are always characters that I don't like!!
Spoiler
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00
PeteIsGod
Forum Member

I don't agree. Characters like Sugar and Joe are needed as background characters and to make up numbers in ND.
PeteIsGod is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:13
misslibertine
Forum Member

I'm another one not in the Wade/Unique fan club, watching The Glee Project he was on removed any chance of me ever liking the character as I really didn't like the actor.

I know Kitty isn't supposed to be a likeable character but neither was Quinn at the beginning and I liked her instantly. So far I'm not taking to Kitty.

And I really miss Santana

But, on the plus side, I liked the Rachel in New York scenes (yes, even Kate Hudson!) and I'm looking forward to seeing her and Kurt together in the city. Marley and Jake seem like they could be good characters, and I'm glad Blaine was voted "the new Rachel"
Old 08-01-2013, 19:46
PeteIsGod
Forum Member

Aw, hell no! Tina should've been the new Rachel. I was fuming that she wasn't. I don't want to see Blaine's constipated singing face during every ND group song.
PeteIsGod is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 21:26
misslibertine
Forum Member

Aw, hell no! Tina should've been the new Rachel. I was fuming that she wasn't. I don't want to see Blaine's constipated singing face during every ND group song.
Aww, I like Blaine
Old 09-01-2013, 15:09
smfan123
Forum Member

I don't agree. Characters like Sugar and Joe are needed as background characters and to make up numbers in ND.
I'm glad they kept Joe, i like him. He may have said/done less than Rory but much more an interesting character

enjoyed this weeks and am glad it was back. I'm gutted Tina isn't the new Rachel either. Rachel and Marley singing New York State Of Mind was amazing
smfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 19:19
Karis
Forum Member

Loved the first episode, way more than I thought I would, as the last two seasons have felt off somehow.

I think this'll be a return to form.
Karis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 21:04
LollyPants
Forum Member

Was Mercedes the only former cast member not mentioned? Or did I just miss it?
LollyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 23:04
misslibertine
Forum Member

Was Mercedes the only former cast member not mentioned? Or did I just miss it?
She was very briefly, didn't someone (Brittany?) mistake Wade for her?