Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - A General Discussion Thread

Old 27-01-2013, 20:32
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Did anyone catch the 1992 Movie?

It was on last weekend at 1.10am?

I have to admit, while the series outclasses it by light years, it's not actually that bad.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-01-2013, 21:50
Nikki E.
Forum Member

I have to admit, while the series outclasses it by light years, it's not actually that bad.
Not seen it in a while. But I agree, it really isn't that bad.
Nikki E. is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 22:21
davethorp
Forum Member

On a rewatch of this too having got the DVD's for Christmas. Up to passion in series 2 which contains one of my favourite buffy moments ever when Giles goes psycho and starts wailing on Angelus after he killed Jenny

It's between that and the end of the first episode of series 7 when the first transforms back through all the bads of the previous series for my favourite moment ever anyway
davethorp is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 22:28
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

i've just started rewatching muffy. love it.
EPIC!v
Josh Pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 22:32
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

Typically it definitely is not an "awful film" in fact it is actually quite fun...not seen it in ages but when i was 4/5 i particularly enjoyed it when it was first shown...not seen it in almost a decade however....but it set it all up and if those saw it went into the show they were prepared for a massive surprise and if they didnt...didnt matter anyway hehe!

Overall i think its a decent film....but man i would have loved to have seen what Joss original vision for it was on screen!
Old 27-01-2013, 22:33
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

On a rewatch of this too having got the DVD's for Christmas. Up to passion in series 2 which contains one of my favourite buffy moments ever when Giles goes psycho and starts wailing on Angelus after he killed Jenny

It's between that and the end of the first episode of series 7 when the first transforms back through all the bads of the previous series for my favourite moment ever anyway
ANother aspect i lvoe about the show...its like Iconic-Moment-Per-Minute so many to choose from but those are so damn brilliant!

And yeah goosebumps at the end of Lessons...really did and does feel like "going back to the beginning" fascinating!
Old 28-01-2013, 14:26
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Overall i think its a decent film....but man i would have loved to have seen what Joss original vision for it was on screen!
Me too actually.
Old 28-01-2013, 17:45
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

ALthough they did the graphic novel "The Origin" i do just wonder what it 110% was
Old 28-01-2013, 19:49
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

ALthough they did the graphic novel "The Origin" i do just wonder what it 110% was
I'll have to look for that online.
Old 28-01-2013, 21:49
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

I'll have to look for that online.
Its very good I like it anyhow much more detail behind the scenes really within it but the template is a bit like the film too..there are flashback to past slayers...kinda like a foreshadowing aspect which is cool too
Old 29-01-2013, 21:32
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

The day this series is released on Bluray will be one of the best of my life, it can never be topped as my favourite show of all time.
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 22:20
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

The day this series is released on Bluray will be one of the best of my life, it can never be topped as my favourite show of all time.
Hello stranger

And i very much agree with every word.

Blu Ray release of season 1 - 7! Cast Reunion! (these are dates that must be in the calendar!)

And yes Buffy The Vampire Slayer is without question my favourite Show ever! No show will ever touch it nor can they surpass what it means to me and millions of others...it has inspired millions and long may it continue to....perfect! Best.Show.Ever!
Old 30-01-2013, 21:44
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

I tend to obsess over Buffy and watch the series over and over, last time i did - i ended up searching out literally every single song from the show online and the scores...

I remember the first time i saw the 'The Harvest' it was on BBC2 and from the opening with Darla revealed as a Vampire - i was in love!
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 17:43
Lathamite
Forum Member

Pretty sure BDs have already been ruled out. While the episodes were shot on film, I think were then transferred to video *before* the digital effects could be added. A BD release would, therefore, have to redo all the sfx.

Quite an undertaking and doubtful whether the sales would justify it. That said, it's been done for Star Trek so not totally unlikely.

It would be great to have decent transfers of Series 1 and 2 in particular.
Lathamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:53
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

I tend to obsess over Buffy and watch the series over and over, last time i did - i ended up searching out literally every single song from the show online and the scores...

I remember the first time i saw the 'The Harvest' it was on BBC2 and from the opening with Darla revealed as a Vampire - i was in love!
SAME with me...i remember BBC 2 were all over it promoting it and everything was amazing...every episode was a literal event when it was on always will remember those memories and cherish them
Old 31-01-2013, 21:54
Josh Pinder
Forum Member

Pretty sure BDs have already been ruled out. While the episodes were shot on film, I think were then transferred to video *before* the digital effects could be added. A BD release would, therefore, have to redo all the sfx.

Quite an undertaking and doubtful whether the sales would justify it. That said, it's been done for Star Trek so not totally unlikely.

It would be great to have decent transfers of Series 1 and 2 in particular.
Tbh Buffy The Vampire Slayers fanbase definitely rivals that of Trekkies and Star Wars....so i reckon it would sell really well with some promo/ads on circulation definitely!

And yeah i know what you mean Littlegreen i remember obsessing over the Bronze music.....love my albums still
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25
ukool
Forum Member

Im kinda new to Buffy, i remember watching the end of season 5 and most of season 6 when it was on bbc2 many years ago and the odd few eps from the high school years.
But since Syfy have been showing it from the start i have been watching. We are now on season 6 and its great seeing things i rememeber. Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)
ukool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13
len112
Forum Member

Im kinda new to Buffy, i remember watching the end of season 5 and most of season 6 when it was on bbc2 many years ago and the odd few eps from the high school years.
But since Syfy have been showing it from the start i have been watching. We are now on season 6 and its great seeing things i rememeber. Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)
I refuse to watch any episodes on Syfy as they cut too much out , it's ridiculous .
len112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56
Thrombin
Forum Member

Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)
Charmed was 1998-2006
Buffy was 1997-2003
Thrombin is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45
flagpole
Inactive Member

the thing i never got about buffy when i watched it as a kid was just how tragic the whole story is.
flagpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:30
Thrombin
Forum Member

the thing i never got about buffy when i watched it as a kid was just how tragic the whole story is.
Well it was a metaphor for life. What do you expect?

I just finished re-watching season 6. That was pretty tragic but it had a life-affirming message by the end.
Old 01-02-2013, 15:49
little-monster
Forum Member

Darla was revealed as a vampire in Welcome to the hellmouth opening scene, not The Harvest.
little-monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:57
ukool
Forum Member

I refuse to watch any episodes on Syfy as they cut too much out , it's ridiculous .
Really? I kinda feel cheated now. Im tempted to get the dvds though im enjoying it that much.
ukool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:42
len112
Forum Member

Really? I kinda feel cheated now. Im tempted to get the dvds though im enjoying it that much.

Yeah the TV version is virtually censored , I first noticed that they were dropping vaguely words from early evening reruns to friends . However it was shocking that whole sections of dialogue get cut from the recent showings of Buffy , I'm waiting for this killer line and then it's just hacked out presumably to make it palatable to 8 year olds !
len112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 17:01
Thrombin
Forum Member

Yeah the TV version is virtually censored , I first noticed that they were dropping vaguely words from early evening reruns to friends . However it was shocking that whole sections of dialogue get cut from the recent showings of Buffy , I'm waiting for this killer line and then it's just hacked out presumably to make it palatable to 8 year olds !
I think the original Sky versions were fine. I don't remember noticing much difference when I first watched the DVDs. I think they may have censored a bit of the Warren skinning scene but not much otherwise.