Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Homescreen Layout After Update to Jelly Bean

Old 01-01-2013, 08:49
d4n_d4n
Forum Member

Hey all,

I recieved a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for Christmas. I spent days set up my homescreen the way i wanted it with all the short cuts etc.

Yesterday i noticed there was an Android update waiting which i installed. This completerly reset all my short cuts and left me with 4 blank screens.

Is this what usually happens when you updgarde Android versions? does it restore the homescreen to a standard default?

Cheers

Dan
d4n_d4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39
SkipTracer
Forum Member

Itís what I found when my Tab 2 10.1 updated to JB. JB is a complete flash of the tablets memory so itís like having a new tab again.

Look on the bright side, it will be like Christmas day all over again and once you have done all your short cuts again that will be it unless there is another major update again but that is doubtful.
SkipTracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

I've updated my galaxy tab 2 10.1 to jelly bean and my galaxy note to ICS and in both instances my homescreen stayed the same. I think it asked before the update if I wanted all settings kept the same and I said yes. Other than that I just followed the prompts.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17
Graculus
Forum Member

Got the wife a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 for Christmas. Upgraded to JB, and it kept all the (minimal) settings/home screen without a problem. Mind you, I did the upgrade as an early task before highly customising the device, just in case.
Graculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25
Richard_T
Forum Member

Some android launchers have an option to backup/restore desktop settings ( including apps and widgets)
Richard_T is offline   Reply With Quote