Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52
molliepops
Forum Member

Well done splott !
molliepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:04
WinterFire
Forum Member

Well done Splot!

And to Lulu: You're very welcome.
WinterFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 13:32
Blackmanta
Forum Member

I was just on GD and the No Smoking Day thread.
E-cigarettes were mentioned.

I put on over 2 stone after giving up smoking. I would quite often replace a meal with a coffee and cigarette but, once I could taste food again, I started on the chips, cheese rolls and crisps.

I've been trying the 5:2 fasting but have found it difficult in this cold weather.
I'm thinking of trying the occasional e-cig on a fasting day to replace lunch. Apparently you can get fruit or vanilla flavoured ones without nicotine.

Has anyone else tried these ?
Blackmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 16:31
molliepops
Forum Member

Well I have no experience but just reading what you say it sounds like one addiction for another and now looking at another to switch to, better to try a diet without replacing it with another addiction I would have thought.
Old 13-03-2013, 16:50
WinterFire
Forum Member

I don't smoke, so I can't say anything about the e-cigs. They're not the kind of thing I would want to try, but that doesn't mean that they might not be reasonable for other people.

However, can I wish you luck in dieting, and welcome you to the thread.
Old 13-03-2013, 19:05
striing
Forum Member

OMG I'm trying to get back onto WW points and off the pizza (even though being on the pizza hasn't made me put on weight - I now want to lose rather than just stay the same) but it's hard when I'm just sitting at home.

So I'm posting here to make myself not buy any more pizza at least until April.
striing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 20:00
WinterFire
Forum Member

Good luck, Striing.
Old 14-03-2013, 12:26
elliecat
Forum Member

I weighed myself at the gym last night and apparently I am now 13 stone so that is 6lbs lost. I don't quite believe that so I will see how much I weigh when I go on Saturday.

I have though knocked the coke and majority of the sweets and chocolate on the head after a nasty scare with my teeth last week and a weekend worrying that I might have to have a tooth out. The dentist didn't see anything wrong so I can only assume that the pain was due to me clenching my teeth (but that is nothing to do with weight loss) but the scare gave me the kick up the backside that I needed. Not had any coke since Monday and even then I chucked half the can away.
elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:37
molliepops
Forum Member

Well done elliecat !
Old 14-03-2013, 15:22
elliecat
Forum Member

Well done elliecat !
thank you
elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 16:55
striing
Forum Member

Good luck, Striing.
Thanks. I've bought food to combat the pizza issue but I'm struggling to keep to the points.

I'm hoping to get out a bit next week so that might help. Gven that I stay the same (still with a stone off from the start of the year) eating pizza and not moving I'm hoping that when I switch food and move a bit I'll be able to lose! I think I'm always going to be baffled by how easy it is to stay the same and how hard it is to lose.
Old 14-03-2013, 18:07
Aly1
Forum Member

I've lost 1.5lb again this week on WW.
Going in the right direction but much slower than when I was younger!
Aly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:09
striing
Forum Member

I've lost 1.5lb again this week on WW.
Going in the right direction but much slower than when I was younger!
I think that's what's getting me. 40 is not 20 that's for sure.
Old 15-03-2013, 08:46
molliepops
Forum Member

All experts say slow is best anyway, much more likely to keep it off !
Old 15-03-2013, 10:37
WinterFire
Forum Member

Congratulations Aly.

I've just weighed in. 80kg (12st 8.37lb). Down from 81kg (12st 10.58lb) last week. First time in ages I've lost more than 0.5kg/one pound in a week.

Now I'm wondering what to do. I said that 80kg was my 'first' target, and that I'd have a single blowout day when it happens. However, now that it's happened, I'm not sure. I think I'll have a not too different non-counting day, and make myself some things (which junior might get more of than me). I must admit that now I've made my expected rest from diet day, that I don't feel the urge to splurge that I expected I would.

Then it's back to the dieting for what I consider my final target, 77kg. (12st, 1.79 pounds). I'm fairly confident that 77kg will be my final target and then I'll have to move to some sort of management mode.
Old 15-03-2013, 11:31
kyresa
Forum Member

Well lost 2.5lbs at weigh in.

Have now lost 1st 2lbs (which I think is 7.3kg) since starting slimming world on 8 Jan..

Very happy
kyresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 12:41
molliepops
Forum Member

Well done everyone.

I know what you mean winterfire, I had planned a treat when I lost my first stone but when I got there I was so happy I just carried on as usual LOL.
Old 15-03-2013, 13:12
striing
Forum Member

Five stone. Wow. That's serious willpower.
Old 16-03-2013, 12:41
sarah0890
Forum Member

Well done and good luck to everybody!

You're all doing so well that it makes me ashamed to say that I seem to have started a 'weight gain' trend and I'm now 3lbs heavier now to what I was on the 2nd January! A combination of cold weather and comfort food and not enough exercise seems to have happened and I've not even noticed. I'm feeling quite down about it as I was enjoying exercising more and even quite enjoying my calorie counting - it was a good way of helping me cut the rubbish food out.

So it looks like I'm starting all over again.... and if I have to post in this thread 400 times a week to keep me on track, I think I will (apologies in advance!).
sarah0890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 13:10
Progrez
Forum Member

Sarah, well its never too late just increase your protein and you don't need that many hours of working out. Just try to do weights as well and running or even something like skipping at home for 30 mins works.

Off topic, personally I find those weight loss shows kinda defames the whole personal training profession. I don't think most personal trainers are that hard on you because most personal trainers are not that mean and you don't workout for 4-8 hours a day which is ridiculous and insane.
Progrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 14:23
PopRocket
Forum Member

I put on a lot of weight when i gave up smoking last year, but since starting my diet i've lost around 3 and a half stone, just another stone and a half left till i reach my target weight
PopRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 12:51
WinterFire
Forum Member

Well done everyone.

I know what you mean winterfire, I had planned a treat when I lost my first stone but when I got there I was so happy I just carried on as usual LOL.
Well done/good luck to everyone I missed (e.g. Elliekat & PopRocket) and mental support-waves are being beamed to everyone who may need them.

I did have my 'day off' yesterday. I don't know how much I ate, but it was a generous amount. I found my reaction interesting. I didn't have any desire for real-sugar drinks, and stayed with the sweetened drinks. We had lunch out at our favourite take-away shop. And I had two pieces of toast for breakfast, instead of the one I have now. By the time it was time for dinner, I didn't feel hungry, and would have been happy skipping it. I did prepare dinner anyhow, and we ate a savoury 'loaf' that's been in the freezer for months, and would have gone to waste. It's from a shop that makes their own, and there's no calorie breakdown, so hard to eat when in diet mode. It was very nice, and it's probably the only thing that pleases me about yesterday that it didn't just go to waste.

But I'm happy to be back on the diet again today. Soup's cooking in the kitchen right now and bread dough for rolls is in the breadmaker.
Old 17-03-2013, 13:28
*arcadia*
Forum Member

I was just on GD and the No Smoking Day thread.
E-cigarettes were mentioned.

I put on over 2 stone after giving up smoking. I would quite often replace a meal with a coffee and cigarette but, once I could taste food again, I started on the chips, cheese rolls and crisps.

I've been trying the 5:2 fasting but have found it difficult in this cold weather.
I'm thinking of trying the occasional e-cig on a fasting day to replace lunch. Apparently you can get fruit or vanilla flavoured ones without nicotine.

Has anyone else tried these ?
Hi, sorry to hijack! But the desperate need to lose weight attracted me!

I am around 16 stone and tried Slimming World (again!) after Christmas, Lost 8lb over six weeks, then went out for a meal with friends and my willpower evaporated overnight, then back to eating all the wrong things have re-gained the whole 8lb since (prob an extra pound or two as I haven't weighed myself - too scared!)

Lost 4stone a few years ago and got down to 12.13 which for my height 5' 9" is actually a very comfortable weight for me.

So starting tomorrow!

As to the e-cigs, I have got a Skycig Vanilla flavour one, really tastes lovely! Have tried other brands, but this one is the best.
*arcadia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 13:48
striing
Forum Member

*arcadia* are you female? If so you sound like me! I'm also 5'9'' (or possibly 5' 8.5) and around 16 stone (or 15.12 to be precise).

At the moment I'm counting WW points. Still eating to much but am just about managing to curb the takeaway habit.

(I don't smoke so can't comment on that bit.)
Old 17-03-2013, 14:24
*arcadia*
Forum Member

*arcadia* are you female? If so you sound like me! I'm also 5'9'' (or possibly 5' 8.5) and around 16 stone (or 15.12 to be precise).

At the moment I'm counting WW points. Still eating to much but am just about managing to curb the takeaway habit.

(I don't smoke so can't comment on that bit.)
Yes I am, fat and female!

I am 5'8 and a half too to be precise, but I am now nearly 44 so I may have shrunk a bit by now!

I also tried WW a couple of years ago but there was too much counting stuff for my liking, I found SW easier on that front, but I have absolutely zero willpower these days!

I used to be really disciplined when it came to quitting anything like food or ciggies, but I find it a struggle now, probably cos I don't see results as quickly as I used to when I was younger.
*arcadia* is offline   Reply With Quote