Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Old 28-07-2013, 16:46
mirrormirror
Forum Member

Well done I was sticking at just below 4 so getting to that seemed to take forever. Hoping next one will be easier to lose.
It's weird how I am losing it in peaks and troths.
It seemed far easier to lose it when I was younger!
I quite literally can't walk any further. I might take up light jogging in the evening now that it's cooler, just to add some tone.
mirrormirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-07-2013, 16:48
molliepops
Forum Member

I have never lost weight before so it's a new world for me, normal response to starting a diet has been to fall off the wagon after a few days so quite chuffed at how this is going.
molliepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:39
mirrormirror
Forum Member

I have never lost weight before so it's a new world for me, normal response to starting a diet has been to fall off the wagon after a few days so quite chuffed at how this is going.
I think the biggest key to success is not to expect too much too soon.

Cutting out key calorific foods and snacking of high sugar 'quick fix foods' helps a lot!

I found that just cutting out bread, butter and cheese made my weight drop off! Shame as I used to love cheese - but I may as well be eating lard - horrifically fattening!
Old 28-07-2013, 17:44
molliepops
Forum Member

Funny I have really just discovered cheese as a treat, before I always ate a cake now a 25g of nice cheese like a stilton with apricots or tintern with shallots is a really nice treat. Just 25g a week but I look forward to that morsel much more than I ever did all the sugary treats I used to eat.
Old 28-07-2013, 18:07
Orangemaid
Forum Member

It's weird how I am losing it in peaks and troths.
It seemed far easier to lose it when I was younger!
I quite literally can't walk any further. I might take up light jogging in the evening now that it's cooler, just to add some tone.
How much do you need to lose now ? Lost quite a bit..im not that far behind you lol
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:15
mirrormirror
Forum Member

How much do you need to lose now ? Lost quite a bit..im not that far behind you lol
1 more stone would do. I was at that weight 2 years ago and looked really healthy.

And you?
Old 28-07-2013, 19:32
Orangemaid
Forum Member

1 more stone would do. I was at that weight 2 years ago and looked really healthy.

And you?
about 16/17 lbs to go..like you i first lost loads about 6 years ago..moved house since and stressed out with it all, the pounds mounted back on , but this time i shall keep it off
Old 28-07-2013, 19:52
mirrormirror
Forum Member

about 16/17 lbs to go..like you i first lost loads about 6 years ago..moved house since and stressed out with it all, the pounds mounted back on , but this time i shall keep it off
For me it was a taste for Guinness and late night take-aways, then morning english breakfasts and afternoon cheese baguettes. Oh those were the days!

Seems like a lifetime ago now!
Old 29-07-2013, 09:55
LostFool
Forum Member

I found that just cutting out bread, butter and cheese made my weight drop off! Shame as I used to love cheese - but I may as well be eating lard - horrifically fattening!
Cutting out cheese is one of the hardest things to do for me as I'm a cheesoholic (a fromageophile?) and "low fat" cheeses taste like plastic.
LostFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 10:38
molliepops
Forum Member

I was never a big cheese eater, but I am finding buying a tiny quantity each week curbs my over indulgence. Any supermarket that cuts off the block will let you have a very small quantity, lovely chap in sainsburys sees me coming and says which one will be having the shave today then, as he has to cut such a small bit off the block for me LOL
Old 30-07-2013, 14:08
Orangemaid
Forum Member

not being able to weigh properly this week as staying down my sisters,( dunno where the scales are ) but home now and wrong time to do it, and i think im still the same as last week..im off work on hol this week, just been for long walk now, but not active this week, just chilling..back to it next week
Old 30-07-2013, 16:22
SequShor
Forum Member

Anyone else just have a target "look" rather than weight?

I'm m/30s and about 13st and I just want to be able to look at myself side on in a mirror and be pleased with what I see without having to hold everything in! Don't really care what weight that is, but I guess it's around 11.5st.
SequShor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 16:29
RememberMeWhen
Forum Member

Anyone else just have a target "look" rather than weight?

I'm m/30s and about 13st and I just want to be able to look at myself side on in a mirror and be pleased with what I see without having to hold everything in! Don't really care what weight that is, but I guess it's around 11.5st.
Me! We don't have scales in the house (my mum very nearly had anorexia) so I'm just trying to flatten my stomach and lose a bit of weight around the hips.

Speaking of which, anyone know a good form of exercise for an eighteen year old girl, who has a heart condition, which is effective but not overly exhausting? I used to be a UK size 6 but last year went up to an 8 and now this year just skimming a 10 in some tops. I want to get back down to size again.
RememberMeWhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 16:40
molliepops
Forum Member

Sort of I am counting calories exactly and I am weighing myself to check how it's coming off (think I have odd mind as I can't see it in myself unless I take a picture and compare it with a before and after). But my real target is a clothing size. If I can get down to a 16-18 I will still be over weight but considering I started at a 32 I will be very happy indeed.
Old 30-07-2013, 17:12
mirrormirror
Forum Member

Sort of I am counting calories exactly and I am weighing myself to check how it's coming off (think I have odd mind as I can't see it in myself unless I take a picture and compare it with a before and after). But my real target is a clothing size. If I can get down to a 16-18 I will still be over weight but considering I started at a 32 I will be very happy indeed.
Blimey!!! 32!!! well done you!
Old 30-07-2013, 23:08
Orangemaid
Forum Member

i had a grreggs pasty today from iceland..i no i shouldnt have had it but it was bloomin gorgeous..i have relasped a little,cos on hol this week,,anyone feel bit guilty later on if they eat stuff that you shouldnt lol ..
Old 31-07-2013, 09:32
molliepops
Forum Member

Treats occasionally shouldn't harm you, I tend to plan a treat every so often have my heart set on a magnum ice cream in the next week, will have it, enjoy it and then back on the track again.
Old 31-07-2013, 13:22
mirrormirror
Forum Member

i had a grreggs pasty today from iceland..i no i shouldnt have had it but it was bloomin gorgeous..i have relasped a little,cos on hol this week,,anyone feel bit guilty later on if they eat stuff that you shouldnt lol ..
That's exactly what stops me eating crap food, the guilt afterwards!
Old 31-07-2013, 13:36
molliepops
Forum Member

I add mine into my calorie count so no guilt at all.
Old 31-07-2013, 21:12
Orangemaid
Forum Member

just a quick update..i lost that 1lb i put on yesterday..been bit busy walking and more active today..get back into swing of things next week
Old 31-07-2013, 22:39
LostFool
Forum Member

just a quick update..i lost that 1lb i put on yesterday..been bit busy walking and more active today..get back into swing of things next week
A difference in weight between one day and the next of one pound is fairly irrelevant and can easily be explained by the contents of your bladder. Remember a pint of water weighs about a pound.
LostFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04
molliepops
Forum Member

A difference in weight between one day and the next of one pound is fairly irrelevant and can easily be explained by the contents of your bladder. Remember a pint of water weighs about a pound.
I agree that's why I weigh once a week you get an average then, it drives me mad if I try to do it daily, as long as the loss if there weekly a gain mid week doesn't matter.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17
mirrormirror
Forum Member

I agree that's why I weigh once a week you get an average then, it drives me mad if I try to do it daily, as long as the loss if there weekly a gain mid week doesn't matter.
I get the midweek gain also. It's only water. And as frustrating as it is, I know it not a true gauge of my weight. Once or twice a week weigh-ins are good. As you said, daily scale hopping can drive you mad!

Total weight loss is now 2 stone 3lb!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32
molliepops
Forum Member

Well done !
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38
mirrormirror
Forum Member

Thanks!

I must pick up the equivalent weight in sugar bags in the supermarket and walk around with them in a basket to feel what it was like to carry around that much fat!

I have noticed that my sweating has decreased dramatically and I now have a bounce in my step.

I got two very nice smiles from a couple of females the other day, so something is looking right!