Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Mobile phone contract, message allowance

Old 02-01-2013, 03:53
EIwood
Forum Member

a foolish question, but on my phone it tracks how much data I've used under the phones own settings, and it shows me as sending 52 messages and receiving 52, so it adds up to a total of 100 messages so far this month.

Does this count as 100 messages of my 500 monthly allowance, or will the phone contract only charge me for messages sent, not messages received? I would assume you are only charged for messages sent, not received, but thought I'd better double check.

I'm with 02 by the way!
EIwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04
KieranDS
Forum Member

a foolish question, but on my phone it tracks how much data I've used under the phones own settings, and it shows me as sending 52 messages and receiving 52, so it adds up to a total of 100 messages so far this month.

Does this count as 100 messages of my 500 monthly allowance, or will the phone contract only charge me for messages sent, not messages received? I would assume you are only charged for messages sent, not received, but thought I'd better double check.

I'm with 02 by the way!
Just for messages sent
You still have 448 text messages on this billing cycle.
KieranDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17
EIwood
Forum Member

Woo! I did think that, but I was worried for a second. Also having checked the website, it's listed as "unlimited" but won't specify what amount "unlimited" actually is! Well, I guess I'll probably never run out!
EIwood is offline   Reply With Quote