Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sky charging for evening calls?

Old 02-01-2013, 13:56
Daedroth
Forum Member

Hey. I've been with Sky Talk with free evening and weekend calls for a few months now. Sky have just told a relative over the phone who wants to switch to Sky that you now have to pay an extra 5 per month for evening calls and they'll be contacting existing customers about the changes and charges. How does this effect the contract I'm on now and will I have to pay extra? I don't think I should have to since that isn't the deal I've agreed to. I still have about 9 months left on my contract. Can anyone clarify that?
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 14:01
timboy
Forum Member

Are you sure that they aren't confusing it with the anytime option?

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/talk-anytime/
timboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:19
BKM
Forum Member

Hey. I've been with Sky Talk with free evening and weekend calls for a few months now. Sky have just told a relative over the phone who wants to switch to Sky that you now have to pay an extra 5 per month for evening calls and they'll be contacting existing customers about the changes and charges. How does this effect the contract I'm on now and will I have to pay extra? I don't think I should have to since that isn't the deal I've agreed to. I still have about 9 months left on my contract. Can anyone clarify that?
EXISTING customers (pre-September 2012) still get free evening calls - with no known plans to change this!

NEW customers only get "free weekend" calls unless they pay extra for Anytime.

So Sky have told your relative the facts correctly!
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:40
Daedroth
Forum Member

Ah, maybe. Thanks for clearing that up.
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote