Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Changing the back ground colour on Nexus 7

Old 02-01-2013, 16:29
Geowitch
Forum Member

i use gmail on my Nexus 7 but find the screen so glaring it hurts my eyes, Is there any way to change the background colour or to invert the colours to white on black? It is so easy to customise the display on the desktop site that I miss it on the tablet.
Geowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:01
Eston Bleu
Forum Member

Not that I'm aware of. There are no themes on the Gmail app like there are on the desktop version - and quite a few other shortcomings besides.

You could simply swipe down the right side of the top edge and hit the brightness option and lower the screen backlight to what's appropriate. And the do it again but raise the brightness after you've finished in Gmail.

Or use the auto-brightness.
Eston Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:05
alan1302
Forum Member

i use gmail on my Nexus 7 but find the screen so glaring it hurts my eyes, Is there any way to change the background colour or to invert the colours to white on black? It is so easy to customise the display on the desktop site that I miss it on the tablet.
Does the desktop site not work on the tablet?
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:44
Stuart_h
Forum Member

you could turn the brightness down

there are some custom ROMs that provide inverted colours for apps like Gmail but obviously that requires rooting and ROM flashing.
Stuart_h is offline   Reply With Quote