DS Forums

One Born Every Minute Series 4

Old 02-01-2013, 22:00
jennaxhx
Forum Member

That first cry the baby makes always makes me all teary
Same, gets me every time
jennaxhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-01-2013, 22:01
JayBird78
Forum Member

That first cry the baby makes always makes me all teary
And me.
JayBird78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:02
Hayley_baby
Forum Member

lol at next weeks preview I really don't think its a good idea to tell a woman in labour screaming for a epidural that she has temporarily lost her mind!
Hayley_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:02
jennaxhx
Forum Member

texting should be banned from delivery rooms!
I agree! My OH sat in the corner texting as i gave birth Right enough, there was about 20 people in the room and they shoved him into a corner so he couldnt see a thing and he did text my mum as each baby was born but my god i was annoyed at the time lol
Old 02-01-2013, 22:04
CLA29
Forum Member

What does upset me is that they often feature women begging for pain relief and they seem to get ignored. I thought there were several pain relief options like epidural and pethadin or something.
If I ever have a baby I want vast amounts of painkillers. I would go mad if I was lied to and denied them
CLA29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:05
JayBird78
Forum Member

lol at next weeks preview I really don't think its a good idea to tell a woman in labour screaming for a epidural that she has temporarily lost her mind!
I remember being the same with my second child. I went into some sort of delirious state where i wasn't even aware of what was going on. I then kept 'coming back down to earth' realising I was in agony, and taking myself back off again. Very strange experience. Possibly too much gas and air contributed to that though! Midwife told me I had to breathe in SOME oxygen!
Old 02-01-2013, 22:06
d0lphin
Forum Member

Awww baby Hazel's gorgeous - pretty name too!
d0lphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:10
jennaxhx
Forum Member

I remember being the same with my second child. I went into some sort of delirious state where i wasn't even aware of what was going on. I then kept 'coming back down to earth' realising I was in agony, and taking myself back off again. Very strange experience. Possibly too much gas and air contributed to that though! Midwife told me I had to breathe in SOME oxygen!
Yep G&A definitely contributes to that! I felt like i was on another planet the entire 9 hours i was in hospital in labour lol
And literally 2 min before baby one was born, the panic stage kicked in and i was begging for an epidural (which i said i would never want as long as it wasn't necessary!) and declaring i couldnt do it. The student midwife seemed to be the only one in a room full of people who could 'bring me back down'.
Old 02-01-2013, 22:14
JayBird78
Forum Member

Yep G&A definitely contributes to that! I felt like i was on another planet the entire 9 hours i was in hospital in labour lol
And literally 2 min before baby one was born, the panic stage kicked in and i was begging for an epidural (which i said i would never want as long as it wasn't necessary!) and declaring i couldnt do it. The student midwife seemed to be the only one in a room full of people who could 'bring me back down'.
I was apparently screaming as each time I 'came down' the midwife asked me why I was screaming...I couldn't even hear myself, but realised I was because of the pressure in my throat. I always vowed I would never be a screamer
Old 02-01-2013, 22:17
JayBird78
Forum Member

Another bizarre experience I had, with baby number 1....I was convinced the whole 'pain' thing was some sort of conspiracy and if I got off the bed and went home it would all go away. The midwife had to practically pin me down as I was attached to a drip and the foetal heart monitor.
Old 02-01-2013, 22:21
jennaxhx
Forum Member

Another bizarre experience I had, with baby number 1....I was convinced the whole 'pain' thing was some sort of conspiracy and if I got off the bed and went home it would all go away. The midwife had to practically pin me down as I was attached to a drip and the foetal heart monitor.
Haha! Never heard that one before!
Old 02-01-2013, 22:23
JayBird78
Forum Member

Would anyone here want to be filmed giving birth? I really don't think I would.
Old 02-01-2013, 22:26
jennaxhx
Forum Member

nooo way! I would make an idiot of myself and dont really fancy everyone seeing me at my absolute worst with legs akimbo lol
Old 02-01-2013, 22:33
d0lphin
Forum Member

Absolutely not!

Mind you - I wonder how much they pay?
d0lphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:49
riverside 57
Forum Member

I certainly wouldn't! I'm far too much of a wimp, and watching women like that one tonight who went through the whole thing with nothing for pain makes me feel so inadequate! But my labours did last for days!
riverside 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46
LIZALYNN
Forum Member

I loved the yoga couple. He was hilarious when he pressed all the lighting switches thinking they were the red button to call the midwife.
That poor labouring mum, why didn't the cameraman tell him where it was?
LIZALYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37
granny smith
Forum Member

I loved the yoga couple. He was hilarious when he pressed all the lighting switches thinking they were the red button to call the midwife.
The cameras in the rooms are like CCTV there aren't any actual cameramen in the room
granny smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48
prgirl_cesca
Forum Member

The active birth was wonderful, she did so well just listening to her body and getting on with it. I'd be curious to know how long her labour was. Wish people would stop taking the piss out of someone for wanting a natural birth with no medication, it's quite a common birth plan and it's not only hippies that want to do it au naturale! She definitely sounded like she was having an orgasm at one point, but then I know people who have had them during labour!!! It was the last reaction my body would have had to the pain of giving birth that's for sure!

The bit where he's trying to call the midwife was hilarious. I could tell by her voice that she was pushing and at one point I was convinced she was going to have the baby on her own in the room!
prgirl_cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 17:24
nosecondchance
Forum Member

I was laughing so much at that bit.

Never watched this before last night. My wife wanted to watch it though. When we were buying our house we watched location, location, location. When we were planning our wedding we watched bridezillas and don't tell the bride. So I can guess whats going to happen next!
nosecondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 21:02
JayBird78
Forum Member

Episode 2 starting now....
Old 09-01-2013, 21:04
gillypanda
Forum Member

Evening all

According to Facebook, this one tonight is about grandmas. I was at my granddaughter's birth 14 months ago, and cut her cord, so I am looking forward to this
gillypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 21:26
JayBird78
Forum Member

I bet that was an amazing experience for you gillypanda.
Old 09-01-2013, 21:29
Cloudexplosion
Forum Member

What IS that annoying ear piercing high pitched noise they play at 'important bits' with music. Like just now, when the boy was talking about learning he was to be a father for the first time?
Cloudexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 21:47
gillypanda
Forum Member

I bet that was an amazing experience for you gillypanda.
It was amazing. To see that little life come into the world, and hold her a few minutes later, was one of the best experiences of my life
gillypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:08
bryemycaz
Forum Member

It was amazing. To see that little life come into the world, and hold her a few minutes later, was one of the best experiences of my life
A dad here and yes it was with mine both times, (although today I felt like throttling the eldest a 7 year old back chatting me)
bryemycaz is offline   Reply With Quote