Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Back To Camelot: Merlin Series 1 discussion thread (beginning Saturday 5th January)

Old 04-01-2013, 01:10
claire2281
Forum Member

Horrible, inappropriate flirting watch - a drink is to be downed every time Arthur and Morgana flirt.
We can upgrade that to 'every time Morgana and Morgaue act less than sisterly and omg how did the director let that carry on?!' for series three

Also series 1 so the girls get some drinking time...

Every time:
Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he just does it with a bit of a fuss but little persuasion
Morgana gets to wear more than one dress an episode
Gwen or Morgana scoff at the idea of liking Arthur
Gwen is accused of sorcery
Morgana verbal bitch slaps Uther for his tyrannical ways
Gwen flirts with Merlin and he doesn't notice

and as a bonus...

Gaius gives someone a sleeping potion (seriously I swear that's the only one he knows!)
claire2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14
Natarhi
Forum Member

Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to re-do this list. I'll try and come up with a simplified one tonight. Smint can have all the detailed bits for her bingo cards.
Natarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03
Smint
Forum Member

Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to re-do this list. I'll try and come up with a simplified one tonight. Smint can have all the detailed bits for her bingo cards.
I think there was a fair amount of Bradley James shirtlessness at the start, wasn't there?

Erm, I am now OUT on Saturday night - damn my social life! It's not likely to happen again but I will post when I can. I may watch it earlier in the day, record all the drinks I should be taking, and then cross them off while I'm at dinner. May well find myself under the table!
Smint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22
star89
Forum Member

We can upgrade that to 'every time Morgana and Morgaue act less than sisterly and omg how did the director let that carry on?!' for series three

Also series 1 so the girls get some drinking time...

Every time:
Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he just does it with a bit of a fuss but little persuasion
Morgana gets to wear more than one dress an episode
Gwen or Morgana scoff at the idea of liking Arthur
Gwen is accused of sorcery
Morgana verbal bitch slaps Uther for his tyrannical ways
Gwen flirts with Merlin and he doesn't notice

and as a bonus...

Gaius gives someone a sleeping potion (seriously I swear that's the only one he knows!)
I love all the scenes where Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he just does Do as your told man

I think there was a fair amount of Bradley James shirtlessness at the start, wasn't there?

Erm, I am now OUT on Saturday night - damn my social life! It's not likely to happen again but I will post when I can. I may watch it earlier in the day, record all the drinks I should be taking, and then cross them off while I'm at dinner. May well find myself under the table!
Or dancing on top of it
star89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44
Smint
Forum Member

Or dancing on top of it
Always a possibility!

Right, here's a list of previous suggestions plus a few more I've added - I suggest that for the Bingo, people pick any 16 at random and either cross them off or combine them with the drinking game - or you can make up your own Bingo card!

(In spoilers as the list is long!)

Spoiler
Old 04-01-2013, 12:58
star89
Forum Member

Always a possibility!
Way more fun than being under it I think... Although I suppose that depends on who your under it with

Right, here's a list of previous suggestions plus a few more I've added - I suggest that for the Bingo, people pick any 16 at random and either cross them off or combine them with the drinking game - or you can make up your own Bingo card!

(In spoilers as the list is long!)

Spoiler
Bloody hell we are all going to be too hammered to come online and comment
If I remember rightly I think pretty much everything in that list happens in the first episode
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59
Orion
Forum Member

Smint, number 3 is very good was there EVER an episode where the guards actually did their job? Also add in 'Gwen wears cleavage revealing dress'. And 'magic sends someone flying through the air'.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 13:00
star89
Forum Member

Smint, number 3 is very good was there EVER an episode where the guards actually did their job? Also add in 'Gwen wears cleavage revealing dress'. And 'magic sends someone flying through the air'.
That isn't until series 5... we can have a new list for series 5
Old 04-01-2013, 13:03
Smint
Forum Member

Added the last one - but I think star89 is right - the cleavage only really began in the last series
Old 04-01-2013, 13:56
MikeAP001
Forum Member

Added the last one - but I think star89 is right - the cleavage only really began in the last series
No! As any MAN would know, Gwen's cleavage started becoming prominent in S4! S4x01 at 05:00! And became moreso by S5!
MikeAP001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 14:00
claire2281
Forum Member

I love all the scenes where Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he just does Do as your told man
He had a moan and rolled his eyes and made a fuss and then...did it anyway. She so had him wrapped around her little finger
claire2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 14:08
Smint
Forum Member

No! As any MAN would know, Gwen's cleavage started becoming prominent in S4! S4x01 at 05:00! And became moreso by S5!
Well, WHEN we get to Series 4, we can add it to the list!
Old 04-01-2013, 14:32
missyhoneybee
Forum Member

I'm ashamed! I should have remembered that clot pole belongs in the Series 2 thread.

*hangs head in shame*

Natarhi, will you be in charge of putting together the definitive Series 1 list?
Dollop head needs to be added with clot pole.
missyhoneybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:22
star89
Forum Member

I stand corrected. As a straight female my eyes are not really drawn to the heaving chests of the woman so I wouldn't be an expert on what episode it started

He had a moan and rolled his eyes and made a fuss and then...did it anyway. She so had him wrapped around her little finger
Most men should really take hint. If we tell you to do something you might aswel save time and just do it because after the wasted time arguing and moaning you know dam well your going to end up doing it anyway
Old 04-01-2013, 16:35
MikeAP001
Forum Member

I stand corrected. As a straight female my eyes are not really drawn to the heaving chests of the woman so I wouldn't be an expert on what episode it started
Well, we must get those facts straight in the game. BTW, Morgana's chest doesn't start heaving until 11:00 into S4x03. And I swear, that's what has got Aggy's attention!
Old 04-01-2013, 16:39
star89
Forum Member

Well, we must get those facts straight in the game. BTW, Morgana's chest doesn't start heaving until 11:00 into S4x03. And I swear, that's what has got Aggy's attention!
I think a beautiful woman flitting around in a tight corset would get every mans attention
Old 04-01-2013, 16:50
Avi8
Forum Member

Ah that is why we need you on this board, Mike. You have a man's attention to detail.

Re Smint's 32 point list: bloody hell, we will all be under the table 5 minutes in and unable to take note of the rest of the episode. I think we ought to mark each episode according to how many items on the list each contains. The episode with the most items is awarded a prize which we will send to Capps and Murphy.
Avi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:53
star89
Forum Member

Ah that is why we need you on this board, Mike. You have a man's attention to detail.

Re Smint's 32 point list: bloody hell, we will all be under the table 5 minutes in and unable to take note of the rest of the episode. I think we ought to mark each episode according to how many items on the list each contains. The episode with the most items is awarded a prize which we will send to Capps and Murphy.
Im not sure if any of us are going to be conscious to come and comment on the episode, let alone organize a marked list and prize for TPTB
Old 04-01-2013, 17:33
Keren-Happuch
Forum Member

I've possibly thought of another one to add to the drinking game list. All the villains in Merlin seem to wear black or dark clothing (I'm sure someone will find an exception somewhere). Like as soon as Morgana turned evil - she wore black. When Mordred went back to Morgana - he wore dark clothes again. Evil uncle Agravaine - wore black. Helios - wore black. That's how I couldn't understand why Arthur didn't know Agravaine was evil - he wore black and no-one else in Camelot did, wasn't it obvious?!
Keren-Happuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 17:38
MikeAP001
Forum Member

I've possibly thought of another one to add to the drinking game list. All the villains in Merlin seem to wear black or dark clothing (I'm sure someone will find an exception somewhere). Like as soon as Morgana turned evil - she wore black. When Mordred went back to Morgana - he wore dark clothes again. Evil uncle Agravaine - wore black. Helios - wore black. That's how I couldn't understand why Arthur didn't know Agravaine was evil - he wore black and no-one else in Camelot did, wasn't it obvious?!
Doesn't work in the earlier Series. Uther wore grey! Then, again...

Schedule for BBC Merlin programmes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m...casts/upcoming

I'll be Huluing it in the US.
Old 04-01-2013, 22:14
Natarhi
Forum Member

Public health warning:

Smint's list is for the Merlin Bingo only. Please note that it is inadvisable to use that list as a drinking game as it may well lead to drunken & disorderly behaviour, alcohol poisoning and/or death.

Just felt I should put that out there. Don't want star and Avi rounding on me with accusations when they end up getting their stomachs pumped. Will now work on the simplified drinking game list...
Old 04-01-2013, 22:42
Natarhi
Forum Member

Ok, so the first list got a little out of hand, and after reading MrsGeneHunt's suggestions I realised that drinking games work best when they are clear and simple. (Probably because you can keep track even when you start getting tipsy. ) With that in mind I've re-done my plan. I tried to get something for all the characters without the list getting too long, again let me know if you think there should be any changes:

The (New!) Merlin Rewatch Drinking Game!
Take a drink every time:
*Someone mentions Merlin and/or Arthur's destiny
*The guards fail at guarding
*Uther blames magic/sorcery
*Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he complains but does it anyway
*Arthur and Morgana flirt inappropriately
*Gwen flirts with Merlin and he doesn't notice
*Merlin uses magic to save Arthur

I think those are general enough that we should be able to get in a good few drinks per episode, without also being in danger of liver failure.

Like I say, in my memory of it there's not very much at all. I could be wrong though, it has been known to happen before (albeit very very rarely )
I'm out on Saturday but will be back in time for the discussion, will have to watch the episode in the morning though. Sadly I will not be able to play the drinking game this week (will do bingo though). I might record the drinks as well and double up next week.
Old 04-01-2013, 22:53
MrsGeneHunt
Forum Member

Excellent! So just to reiterate, Natarhi's list is for the drinking game (bottoms up, chaps!) and Smint's is for the Bingo (I like Avi's suggestion of ticking them off each episode and seeing which ep contains the most). Can't wait!!
MrsGeneHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 23:14
Avi8
Forum Member

As I recall it, the Bradley shirtlessness was at its most rampant in S3. I don't think he took his shirt off in S1 - well, not until ep13 anyway. It didn't matter in those days because he always sported a sexy jacket, or the famous brown coat in those days, instead of the horrid chainmail.
Avi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 23:24
star89
Forum Member

Ok, so the first list got a little out of hand, and after reading MrsGeneHunt's suggestions I realised that drinking games work best when they are clear and simple. (Probably because you can keep track even when you start getting tipsy. ) With that in mind I've re-done my plan. I tried to get something for all the characters without the list getting too long, again let me know if you think there should be any changes:

The (New!) Merlin Rewatch Drinking Game!
Take a drink every time:
*Someone mentions Merlin and/or Arthur's destiny
*The guards fail at guarding

*Uther blames magic/sorcery
*Morgana tells Arthur to do something and he complains but does it anyway
*Arthur and Morgana flirt inappropriately
*Gwen flirts with Merlin and he doesn't notice
*Merlin uses magic to save Arthur

I think those are general enough that we should be able to get in a good few drinks per episode, without also being in danger of liver failure.

Like I say, in my memory of it there's not very much at all. I could be wrong though, it has been known to happen before (albeit very very rarely )
I'm out on Saturday but will be back in time for the discussion, will have to watch the episode in the morning though. Sadly I will not be able to play the drinking game this week (will do bingo though). I might record the drinks as well and double up next week.
Are you kidding me We'l need our livers pumped after those BIB alone

Excellent! So just to reiterate, Natarhi's list is for the drinking game (bottoms up, chaps!) and Smint's is for the Bingo (I like Avi's suggestion of ticking them off each episode and seeing which ep contains the most). Can't wait!!
I might play Smint's drinking game, just to see how much of it I can do before passing out
If I suddenly disappear from posting then please do worry about me