Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Comodo Internet Security

Old 03-01-2013, 17:40
Mikay
Forum Member

I just installed Comodo Internet Security 6 for Windows 8, going from advice on here. But notice it installed some other programs as well on install.. am I okay to go ahead and uninstall Comodo Dragon, GeekBuddy and Anti Error (I'm not even sure what this one does)? I probably bypassed the Custom Install which is annoying because I almost ALWAYS check for these things as I'm paranoid I'll get some awkward browser search bar installed whenever I install software.

I really don't want this excess software, but don't want to uninstall if it affects the running of the anti-virus.
Mikay is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-01-2013, 18:28
barky99
Forum Member

They are additional programs from comodo themselves that can be uninstalled without consequences, not of the browser bar variety ... comodo dragon is just a more secure version of google chrome ... geekbuddy/anti error is really aimed inexperienced users .. you'll probably already have equivalent of the anti error bit
barky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:31
DANCE OF DEATH
Forum Member

Yeah shouldn't have any problems uninstalling Comodo Dragon which is just a Chrome clone and Geekbuddy which is just online help.

I have installed Comodo Internet Security and I always make sure that I do a custom install, just to make sure that I don't install anything that I don't want. You can also get rid of the shared space shortcut as well as that is also not needed.
DANCE OF DEATH is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:43
Mikay
Forum Member

Great, thanks for the confirmation (and the info!)
Mikay is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15
bowland37
Forum Member

Panda Cloud free A/V and Windows firewall is a lot less hassle and just as effective.
bowland37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:59
radioanorak
Forum Member

bowland37
I agree
radioanorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36
bowland37
Forum Member

Comodo won't allow their products to be tested by sites like AV Comparatives and AV Test.

I wonder why..
Old 05-01-2013, 00:52
electron
Forum Member

Agreed once more.
Good Product
electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20
barky99
Forum Member

Comodo won't allow their products to be tested by sites like AV Comparatives and AV Test.

I wonder why..
1 thing: $50000 (at least) to be included ... & differences of opinion in testing methods ...
comment from a comodo blog
AV Comparatives is an excellent example of a tester that still focuses primarily on an antivirus’ ability to DETECT threats AFTER they’ve entered your PC. And not an antivirus’ ability to PREVENT threats FROM EVER ENTERING your PC. In fact, while AV Comparatives makes their File Detection Test “mandatory,” their Proactive Protection Test is only “optional.” This is why Comodo, as well as other industry leaders like Symantec’s Norton, refrain from future participation in AV Comparatives’ annual trials.
depends on how you test as to what results come out, here's a link to 1 where comodo comes out top ... 3 years in a row! http://www.matousec.com/projects/pro...64/results.php

seems to be a long running war of words behind the testing thing!
barky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:45
bowland37
Forum Member

That matousec test looks a bit suspect saying bitdefender and norton give no protection whatsoever.